Do you experiment with drugs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you experiment with drugs?

If you find the right blend many different types of pipe tobacco have an absolutely wonderful smell/taste. Cigarettes and cigars still smell/taste like an ashtray though. sorry.

Yeah idk. I don’t think I would date someone who smokes tobacco and smells like roses haha.

Wouldn't be able to date someone who was living a completely different lifestyle than me and destroying their health in the process either... Had family members suffer through cancer because of smoking and really took a toll on their relationships because of their bad habits. One of my friends told me her ex-boyfriend couldn’t even last at least an hour or two without cigarettes on dates without taking continuous smoke breaks.

Nope. No. Nuh-uh. Nada. X-nay.

well... there was that one time....
But paranoia is no fun.

I don't mind others partaking, as long as they're keeping their wits about them. The smell brings up cool memories of my ex boyfriend... and then an asthma attack, lmao.

I myself never done drugs... or even once smoked weed. I don’t think I would want to either...

But I have tried hookah without the tobacco but rather smoked dried fruit. It was alright, won’t try it again though.

And was high as a kite with Vicodin when I had my wisdom teeth out. It gave me the most amazing naps too.

I would like to try this MONQ essential oil vape as well and it helps for anxiety and therapeutic reasons.

But other than that, no drugs for me.

I'm wondering what the INFJ response is to this.
I live in CA and besides marijuana being legal and everyone doing that - I hear a lot about other drug usage.
I personally have never been drawn to experiment with drugs. I honestly dislike and even fear the thought of not being in control of my physical self, my feelings, my interactions, etc. I think it's much too vulnerable for me.

But I'm wondering if other INFJs share this same thought.

Sometimes I do meth. Its hardly worth it though. The high isn't very strong and you can't go to fucking sleep.

I LOVE Acid. I've had such beautiful experiences on that stuff. It's one of those drugs that blows my imagination wide open.

Marijuana is kind of boring. The only thing that stuff does is make me sleepy. If not that, then I zone out and can't think.

Heroine is dumb. The euphoria can be intense, but can be disabling as well. You can't do anything when you're in it. I like engaging with the world, not detaching from it.

I had one of those pot gummies. It was nothing like the home made brownies... Nope nope... I thought pot was pot until i tried that. I actually felt a little panicky feeling so overwhelmed by it. When i finally went to bed i slept 12 hours straight. That was nice. I needed that.

I've been experimenting to see how much coffee I can drink before my heart actually stops
giphy.gif

Did you make it past 100 cups?
Alternatively, you could try liquid caffeine to reach your goal quicker. This is obviously all for experimentation since we're on the topic of DRUGS.

If you find the right blend many different types of pipe tobacco have an absolutely wonderful smell/taste. Cigarettes and cigars still smell/taste like an ashtray though. sorry.

Pipe tobacco is a popular note in fragrance, too.

Also, of course Ni Dom's don't do drugs. You're all afraid of chaos lol. Ne Dom's like myself, however, really enjoy chaos. It's where I thrive.
Speak for yourself. ;)

I do.
But for therapeutic purposes.
I am very familiar with psilocybin in particular.
And yes @wolly.green, very correct Sir. you very much have to let your “self” go and bathe in the “chaos”.
Recreational drugs have never interested me.

Last edited:
I grew up in a culture that was about drinking and getting drunk for fun. I still live in that culture to some degree, but I realized early on that while the sensory can be fun, I have some disposition to addiction and "checking out" in an unhealthy way. I do drink socially, but it's a beer here and there. I am definitely the person who drinks the least among any of my social circle. As a teen, I smoked marijuana once at a party, but was already drunk, so I have no memory of being high. I'm not really very interested in seeking that out.

I am very afraid of chaos and losing control, personally.

As a teen, I saw, after being engaged with the party crowd, how superficial relationships and experience seemed to be in that state, and found sober experience and relationships to be far more fulfilling to me.

I know that any attraction I have to most substances is stress relief related. When I start having dreams about being drunk or smoking, I know I am stressed and need to take care of myself.

I will say I am interested in potential spiritual benefits of some psychedelic substances. It is very much a going deeper experience vs a checking out experience that intrigues me. There is research out there that there can be psychological benefits to therapeutic use of certain substances. Yet, the factors/intentions surrounding it seem critical. I actually have begun to feel my attachment to stability and fear of chaos is something I need to face in order to grow psychologically. I am not certain substances will be part of that process, but it is something I consider.

I do know that the minute discussion of substances that I consider in a spiritual growth way start being mentioned as being "fun" or recreational, I start to freak out again.

I am very afraid of chaos and losing control, personally.
That is very natural human thing to fear.
We all feel that on some level, be it in the forefront or back of someones’ mind.
IMHO that is why it so important when working with such substances to do so in the safest way possible outwardly, with someone you trust by your side.
It’s the inward letting go that some people have a really hard time with as your sense of “self” starts to disappear...all the while your brain feels like it’s being defragmented and tapping into the deeper meanings of things simultaneously as you disintegrate.
That could be uncomfortable for some...and personally it was a combination of faith that it would help me and being at the point where I was also considering electroshock treatment - this being the lesser of the two evils it seemed hahaha, that pushed me over the line.
In several US states they have ballot initiatives to legalize mushrooms and the FDA is doing trials to knock it down from being a schedule one drug
(meaning no medicinal value and highly addictive) - which it is almost the complete opposite of.
The big spender Compass Pathways wants exclusive therapy rights as repayment for funding the FDA trials.
So once again...a legitimately helpful drug, already highly stigmatized, will be inaccessible for those who are not able to pay for such services out of pocket.
Even if insurance eventually conceded and paid a portion it would still be unaffordable with people claiming exclusivity rights to something that you can go pick in the forest almost year round.
Anyway...yes, it can be fear inducing, that is why I suggest people educate themselves as much as possible and work with someone experienced as well as practice meditation if you are going to be using to help with depression or especially anxiety.
All those things can help put you in a “safe” place...but (depending on how much you take) can be very uncomfortable for some and difficult to just let go and be with it.
:<3white:

As a teen in the late sixties and seventies, I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.
We had some great music, too. That was long ago.
4 year statute of limitations on admission....let’s hear the juicy bits.

Don't like being out of my sober normal state of mind. I do take provigil on my work days. And I will soon be taking a trip to Peru for a ayahuasca ceremony.

I actually just read an article on that a few days ago - a philanthropist from the states went and documented his experience. I personally am conflicted between being traditionally of christian upbringing and some new age ideals. I have seen some testimony from people who were into this sort of stuff and they changed, relating it to occult stuff. That's just baffled me more. So I'll probably allow religious fear to keep my mind put for now, but it's intriguing nonetheless - please post about your experience!

Don't like being out of my sober normal state of mind. I do take provigil on my work days. And I will soon be taking a trip to Peru for a ayahuasca ceremony.
I don’t wish to assume anything, or give you the wRoNgO impression Sir StRoNgO...(see what I did there? ;) ), you very well may be well prepared and versed in your upcoming trip(s) for all I know.
However, if you would like some tips and thoughts that may assist you when on your journey in Peru, please send me a PM.
I do work sometimes with the Portland Psychedelic Society, who is also part of MAPS.
And run a chronic pain group utilizing entheogenic medicine.
If not, have fun and be safe!
Don’t take any antidepressants with it (bad reactions)!
:<3white:

I have seen some testimony from people who were into this sort of stuff and they changed, relating it to occult stuff.
That was their expectation which set an intention...that’s what they got.
If you expect it to be wonderful, your chances of it being so are exponentially increased and vice-versa.

I know hardcore atheists who became spiritual or religious and I’ve also seen the reverse...though it’s usually more a movement away from organized religion per say and more into the realm of spirituality as more of a holistic type perspective.
:)

Last edited: