Do you experiment with drugs? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Do you experiment with drugs?

Aye.. Sorry my post cut off. And it was a double quote.. the Hethen was meant for @Deleted member 16771 for once having a cigarette. :tearsofjoy:

But I was going to say I loathed them for this reason, and have iron clad will power against peer pressure. My morals are really strict, extraordinarily hard on myself. But was pressured by the person I was married to as a teen to try ecstasy. I have done that a few times and hated myself each time after.. So, not on the same scale as you had, but a similar story in the disdain for drugs and for much the same reasons.

Unfortunately I learned that ecstasy feels like INFJ heaven during.. which made the whole self loathe after even worse, even though it's legal here basically & considered a kids party / rave drug. For me I was still only barely able to be convinced under that thought & moreover hearing it was first ( and still now legally considered ) a prescription med.. for PTSD - in many places, which coincidentally- I have.

So glad I'll never go back to that dark time & place.. ever again. And glad to hear you feel the same. Had no idea there was such a drug problem there where you lived.. O.O

EDIT: So sorry about your dad too.. *hugs man*

Yes, I struggled with different drugs continuously from 13 years old up until my early twenty’s. I have no idea what made me turn in this direction, given what I had seen happen to my dad. I guess I didn’t really care and I wasn’t taking drugs because it was ‘cool’ or because I wanted to experience a ‘buzz’. I think the intention was solely one of escapism and actual self harm but still I don’t know why I turned to it and I was obviously very irrational at the time and didn’t give much of a fuck about anything.

I’m glad that you never decided to take it any further with drugs and my heart goes out to you for what you have been through. You are obviously very strong misty and if you ever need to speak to someone about this stuff then my doors always open for you. Drugs have some fantastic applications when used correctly but unfortunately like most things in life - This can be abused unhealthily.

Oh yes most of the UK has drug problems tbh I think it’s the same everywhere tbh which is pretty sad :(

Anyway keep wearing that smile misty and I wish all of the best things will come unto you :)

I have/had your views, Misty. I don't - or try not to - judge people about these things any more (I've mellowed a lot), but I was a ridiculous puritan about it back in the day. Daddy issues without a doubt.

But you know, MDMA is the only thing I ever wondered about, specifically in the context of taking it with an SO for a heightened sense of intimacy. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite, I dunno.

Nice, i like your choices! Magnesium Glycinate is excellent stuff, even ordinary magnesium tabs always help me.

Thank you! I'll have to read more about what you've shared, as I'm rather wary of blends, but you always learn something new. P

The reason behind the Magnesium Glycinate specifically is because it's proven an effective alternative to SSRI's with none of the side effects, and the Gylcinate makes it easier for the Magnesium to cross the blood brain barrier. Regular ol' magnesium causes tummy issues for me :flushed:

I have/had your views, Misty. I don't - or try not to - judge people about these things any more (I've mellowed a lot), but I was a ridiculous puritan about it back in the day. Daddy issues without a doubt.

But you know, MDMA is the only thing I ever wondered about, specifically in the context of taking it with an SO for a heightened sense of intimacy. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite, I dunno.

Man, I wish daddy issues wasn't so universal as it is with us here. Breaks my heart a bit. Daddy issues is the story of my life.

You're not a hypocrite bro! You're you and that's perfect mate. I've always been intrigued by the kind of drugs that 'open' your mind up. Like LCD and magic mushrooms (I think). Just to have that experience:sweatsmile: I'm shit-scared to try though. Probably a good thing haha.

LOL.

That is precisely what sold me, besides the aforementioned facts about legality and it being a medical / Prescription med first FFS. Because he was very cold & unafectionate and as an INFJ / sx /sp I crave bonding & intimacy in ridiculous amounts and thinking that God finds no defilement in the "marriage bed".. I relented. He even used it as a tool against me.. saying he would open up & bond on it.

I get your thinking on this matter, easily. Though I wouldn't even go to parties bc I was scared to even *see* drugs before that.. Daddy issues, indeed - lol. I hated *druggies*

Thank you! I'll have to read more about what you've shared, as I'm rather wary of blends, but you always learn something new. P

The reason behind the Magnesium Glycinate specifically is because it's proven an effective alternative to SSRI's with none of the side effects, and the Gylcinate makes it easier for the Magnesium to cross the blood brain barrier. Regular ol' magnesium causes tummy issues for me :flushed:

Yes! When I take Magnesium Glycinate, it doesn't need a lot of time to feel the effects. A soon as my muscles become relaxed I know that it started to act. I don't take it anymore since I stopped with gym.

I remember, when I took mdma first time, it was out of this world, it felt like I finally touched core of my being that was always there, but I couldn't feel it. Also with mushrooms, was first time when I could truthfully tell to my inner child "I love you" and i was repeating that with eyes full of tears and crazy laughs :D

Oh I had druggie friends, but they respected me enough not to even bother asking me if I wanted to partake eventually.

I'd be in rooms full of people getting super high on weird bong-contraptions (people are surprisingly creative with their drugs), just sat in the corner with a Ribena.

Peer pressure was never a thing for me. Got me into some trouble, but got me out of some, too.

The friend I had that introduced me to those circles eventually went down the road of addiction onto harder & harder stuff, and ruined his entire life ultimately.

Yes, I struggled with different drugs continuously from 13 years old up until my early twenty’s. I have no idea what made me turn in this direction, given what I had seen happen to my dad. I guess I didn’t really care and I wasn’t taking drugs because it was ‘cool’ or because I wanted to experience a ‘buzz’. I think the intention was solely one of escapism and actual self harm but still I don’t know why I turned to it and I was obviously very irrational at the time and didn’t give much of a fuck about anything.

I’m glad that you never decided to take it any further with drugs and my heart goes out to you for what you have been through. You are obviously very strong misty and if you ever need to speak to someone about this stuff then my doors always open for you. Drugs have some fantastic applications when used correctly but unfortunately like most things in life - This can be abused unhealthily.

Oh yes most of the UK has drug problems tbh I think it’s the same everywhere tbh which is pretty sad :(

Anyway keep wearing that smile misty and I wish all of the best things will come unto you :)
Right back at ya, Jaime.. And same door is open, my friend. I hope you continue to grow further and further into the strong person you are already becoming. :) Thanks for all the kind thoughts & for sharing your story too. :)

Oh I had druggie friends, but they respected me enough not to even bother asking me if I wanted to partake.

I'd be in rooms full of people getting super high on weird bong-contraptions (people are surprisingly creative with their drugs), just sat in the corner with a Ribena.

Peer pressure was never a thing for me. Got me into some trouble, but got me out of some, too.

The friend I had that introduced me to those circles eventually when down the road of addiction onto harder & harder stuff, and ruined his entire life ultimately.

Ah, that's horrible man. I don't think I could ever be in a setting like that; would feel so uncomfortable.

But, to be with some one I love and try something, that would be something else entirely for me.

Oh I had druggie friends, but they respected me enough not to even bother asking me if I wanted to partake eventually.

The friend I had that introduced me to those circles eventually went down the road of addiction onto harder & harder stuff, and ruined his entire life ultimately.
Sads... Is he ok now, or you've not heard?

Nah, sorry, if there's no way to obtain it legally and in a controlled way, there is no fucking way I'm going to feed the power of organised crime for my own solipsistic amusement.

I have enough love in me anyway without ruining half the world for a little bit extra.

Are you personally feeding organized crime, or is our government?

The drug war has been a failure from the getgo.

Never felt horrible to me. It's honestly no big deal to say no, just that the first time is hardest - that's where the most pressure is applied. Sometimes you have to risk your friendships for the sake of sticking to those values.

I completely agree with that point bud. I just thought it's horrible what happened with your friend.

In school one of the reasons I as bullied was because I never gave in to peer pressure; I'm proud of being able to do that as a kid. Don't think I'd be as strong now haha. Never said yes to a smoke etc.

First week of uni, some lads took us to their room and started lighting up. I don't know which drug it was but they were heating it up??? I said no, although they said I was ruining it. Simply walked out and never hanged out with them again.

A dear friend of mine has a problem with alcohol and drugs, which is fueled by him not being able to accept himself for who he is. Breaks my heart.

Definitely man, my core values come before everything. Someone fucks about with that then they're gone.

I completely agree with that point bud. I just thought it's horrible what happened with your friend.

In school one of the reasons I as bullied was because I never gave in to peer pressure; I'm proud of being able to do that as a kid. Don't think I'd be as strong now haha. Never said yes to a smoke etc.

First week of uni, some lads took us to their room and started lighting up. I don't know which drug it was but they were heating it up??? I said no, although they said I was ruining it. Simply walked out and never hanged out with them again.

A dear friend of mine has a problem with alcohol and drugs, which is fueled by him not being able to accept himself for who he is. Breaks my heart.

Definitely man, my core values come before everything. Someone fucks about with that then they're gone.

Yes, principles and values, that's what makes strong character.
When we started with drugs(my friends and I), main intention was to explore our minds and improve ourselves, but after some time drugs became something else and we started to indulge them more and more often. I reached lowest point of my life and needed to change. After I decided to stop, it was incredible pressure from my friends. They would call me traitor, coward etc etc. I don't hang with them anymore, but I assume that they are still judgmental towards me, because they are still consuming drugs. And that's fine, that's their life, but what I wanted to say is that all this situation with drugs, relationships, it enabled me to stand up for myself and establish principles that I want to follow. I came up from this situation with confidence that I never had before in my life.

Yes, principles and values, that's what makes strong character.
When we started with drugs(my friends and I), main intention was to explore our minds and improve ourselves, but after some time drugs became something else and we started to indulge them more and more often. I reached lowest point of my life and needed to change. After I decided to stop, it was incredible pressure from my friends. They would call me traitor, coward etc etc. I don't hang with them anymore, but I assume that they are still judgmental about me, because they are still consuming drugs. And that's fine, that's their life, but what I wanted to say is that all this situation with drugs, relationships, it enabled me to stand up for myself and establish principles that I want to follow. I came up from this situation with confidence like never before in my life.

I'm sorry to hear that man; glad you found light at the end of all that. Fuck people like that; they don't deserve you.

I know that had I tried drugs and/or alcohol 10 years ago, I might not be here today. I was in such a horrid position mentally, but I knew that although I was tempted and had the urge to, I would be using those things as a distraction form my problems and to fill that void in my life. I ended up trying to fill that void with people instead and although that was detrimental to my health, I'm sure it's nowhere near as bad as it could have been had I chosen t find that in drugs.

I'm sorry to hear that man; glad you found light at the end of all that. Fuck people like that; they don't deserve you.

I know that had I tried drugs and/or alcohol 10 years ago, I might not be here today. I was in such a horrid position mentally, but I knew that although I was tempted and had the urge to, I would be using those things as a distraction form my problems and to fill that void in my life. I ended up trying to fill that void with people instead and although that was detrimental to my health, I'm sure it's nowhere near as bad as it could have been had I chosen t find that in drugs.

I still have bits of resentment in me towards them which I want to let go, but also at the same time I have big gratitude towards them because they helped me as catalyst to become much better person then I used to be. I wish them all the best.

I hope that you are doing great and that you have found your path. Thank you for nice words :<3: