Do INFJs like sex? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs like sex?

Here is my take - good sex should never be confused with bonding or being in love. Sex, or even 'making love' is about pleasure. Yes, i do agree that when you are in love or care deeply for your partner it can seem more intense and pleasurable, but that does not relegate good screaming orgasms to those 'in love'. And keep in mind that you can be in love with a lousy sex partner.

To me the two are mutually exclusive, but can be complimentary (like rum and Coke!) but I guess that's the point right? some folks can't have rum without Coke and some can't have Coke without a bit of rum.

i'll be the rum and we can go half-n-half

;)

Satya said:
Kwistalline said:
You guys are so cute!! Jax, dude, she's a keeper . . .

An ESTP and an INFJ? :shock:

Here is why we work (on my end at least, lol)

"E" He tells me I'm gorgeous, and always lets me be the center of attention whenever we are out (even with his family and friends) but never leaves my side in case I need "protecting" or "support".

"S" He is a magnificent kisser (among other very, very important skills) ... need I say more? I am a slave to my "S" :mrgreen:

"T" He is the ying to my yang. I've said before that we have no clue what drives the other, but we do enjoy our time together and trying to figure 'us' out along the way. We agree on not having any more children, we love each other's kids, we have no desire to move in together or get married anytime soon, and we bring out the best and worst of each other so its always entertaining.

"P" He has a life plan and sees the big picture, which gives me the freedom not to have to think ahead. I can just enjoy the now, and know that he's got our future all figured out. (blind faith comes with the inability to think ahead for oneself, lol)

I know Keirsey doesn't state that they are the "ideal" types, but my theory is that while "S" can handle just about any other "S", "N" type preferences need either the exact opposite or just the "N" in common. INFJ's supposedly do best with ENTP-so it actually seems a little natural to me that an ESTP would do just as well, especially if the "N" is lower functioning . . . (no disrespect to Jax, I dont know his scores!)

don't worry, me neither

actually, she can tell you better that her "S" is a bit more physically needy than mine, whereas there has been times i (unintentionally) push her away

and i think i'd rather stay lost in thought than anything

but heh, i deal with it pretty well

of course, there are times i would tell her that i just need some 'alone time'

it's not that i'm always doing something, sometimes i'll just sit and stare at the wall mostly, but she sometimes wonder what i'm doing

she would be better telling you though if she's getting kinda used to it, as i'm getting used to her needs (believe me, for an INFJ, i find out the hard way sometimes)

Kwistalline said:
I know Keirsey doesn't state that they are the "ideal" types, but my theory is that while "S" can handle just about any other "S", "N" type preferences need either the exact opposite or just the "N" in common. INFJ's supposedly do best with ENTP-so it actually seems a little natural to me that an ESTP would do just as well, especially if the "N" is lower functioning . . . (no disrespect to Jax, I dont know his scores!)
An INFJ i knew said that she absolutely hated ESTPs... Couldn't stand them.

Motor Jax said:
... actually, she can tell you better that her "S" is a bit more physically needy than mine, whereas there has been times i (unintentionally) push her away ...

Makes me sound like a psycho, lol!

Can't you just picture Glenn Close stirring the pot ... ?

TMD/MJ :D

Just realized that some of the youngins won't get the reference ... rent "Fatal Attraction".

CokeNut said:
Motor Jax said:
... actually, she can tell you better that her "S" is a bit more physically needy than mine, whereas there has been times i (unintentionally) push her away ...

Makes me sound like a psycho, lol!

Can't you just picture Glenn Close stirring the pot ... ?

TMD/MJ :D

Just realized that some of the youngins won't get the reference ... rent "Fatal Attraction".

LOL, I totaly got it!! Wasn't able to watch the movie all the way through, though . . . not my genre. I'm mostly into Romance, Sci Fi, Action, and kids' movies (harry potter and the like). Now that I think about it, I think my book interests are also about that "extensive"

So what were we talking about....oh yeah! INFJ sex. Yes, we love it, and are actually superb lovers. We may not be into the superficial or casual stuff, but the real thing (within the realm of true love) is very profound and meaningful and fun.

We know you are good (or as Gokatride put it "superb") so we want, and you wont let us take ... unless you are of a mind to give it! ARGH!!! Why so stingy with it? I swear we will take good care of it, and it wont wear out!

LOL! I can joke about this now, but it has been, and probably will be again at some point, an issue with my INFJ.

Sometimes his head is on his kids or work or whatever, and mine is in the gutter ... well guess who keeps thinking and who gets to take a cold shower? On the other hand if I am thinking of my kid, or work or whatever and he so much as winks at me, I completely forget about what I was thinking, lol! :roll:

Cokenut, you crack me up!
But you know, I think you're right. I think I have been selfishly stingy at times :oops:

I find seperating my mind/spirit from my body is very uncomfortable, so sex is out for me until I marry (which ironically may also be out for me). For me this internal oneness has to exist for the act to make any real sense. However, should all these things align.....lookout!!!!

err....I'm pretty sure I'd like it...though I doubt I'll be doing that any time in the near future at all.
Kwistalline said:
Oh yeah! Head, back, legs . . . Eucalyptus oil . . . candles that smell like food . . . (arg, now I'm hungry again)
o_O

That sounds....rather nice....

Speaking of which, I've actually never experienced a massage of any kind....

I like sex a lot when I have strong feelings for the person, otherwise I'm not into it. I need to be able to fantasise, to be passionate. Otherwise I don't like sex. It's either everything or nothing.

Shaz- said:
I like sex a lot when I have strong feelings for the person, otherwise I'm not into it. I need to be able to fantasise, to be passionate. Otherwise I don't like sex. It's either everything or nothing.

I am the same way! I went through a phase when i was younger after a series of heartbreaks that i didn't much care for the emotion (because i detached myself) and just went for the pleasure...but now being married i have to feel his passion...(which is hard because hes an ISTP!!!!!!!!!!!) but all he wants is not to feel like sex is monotonous....So for me as long as there is passion i don't care how or when or where....but for him he has to change it up every time...UGH Were a strange match we two lol!

Shaz- said:
Same here as well.