Do I still have a chance? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Do I still have a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AARGH! She logged off! What the fuck!?

Without a reply? Did you say something to her while she was online?

I was about to.....

AARGH! She logged off! What the fuck!?

hmm I dunno, its hard to know but it would appear shes not be too nice to you.

Rolls reversed you would give the person an answer!! I dunno maybe there is a logical reason behind it

Uuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I want to cry.

So this post has degenerated/evolved/transcended from an advice giving thread into a thread advising why we give advice then concluding advice is relativistic bullshit and basically useless? Thereby rendering this thread obsolete, and the snake eats it's own tail.

So this post has degenerated/evolved/transcended from an advice giving thread into a thread advising why we give advice then concluding advice is relativistic bullshit and basically useless? Thereby rendering this thread obsolete, and the snake eats it's own tail.

and your here reading it?

LOL, this must be really sad to read, in a funny way.

Yeah, probably. I do that as well, I'll sleep on an answer. I reckon she'll definitely message me tomorrow. But anyway, hijacking your thread...

Yeah, probably. I do that as well, I'll sleep on an answer. I reckon she'll definitely message me tomorrow. But anyway, hijacking your thread...

Haha no, you've helped me and I find that listening to others helps you gain more insight in your own situation. So, actually, I only care because I'm selfish.

Oh brother, you guys! Can't you just smell the pessimism in here? Why is it that when it comes to the courting stage of a romantic relationship, INFJ's adopt this whole 'me' versus 'the other person' viewpoint wherein the other person is constantly painted in a paradoxical blend of malice and poetic perfectionism.

Let's do a quick 101 on "Other People" here.

Believe it or not, there is a relatively small part of the population that is truly out to 'get you.' Most people aren’t actually all that bad. In fact, most of them are way too preoccupied thinking about the way in which they are coming across than they are worried about making judgment calls about you.

Generally, if they’ve stuck around and tolerated you despite your (negative) beliefs about yourself being a ‘worthless waste of space,’ chances are, they like you. And if people like you, they’re not going to go out of their way to try and hurt you. What would they benefit from purposely ‘toying’ with your emotions, any way? Most people aren’t psychopathic cast extras in Cruel Intentions. And if you think they are, why on earth would you let yourself love such a person anyway?

It just saddens me that so many of you don’t see that the only person that is conspiring against you is, in fact, you!

I think those negative suppositions are more your own defense mechanisms rearing their ugly heads, and you've somehow mistaken them for truths... Because hey, if all fails, you can always cite these misguided beliefs as reasons for every instance of social rejection and get to say "I told you so," in the end.

Right.

Prank, dude, honestly just take a chance. Stop agonizing over every single detail and psyching yourself out. If you really, really care about this girl like you say you do, then just go for it.

If it works out, hey, great. If it doesn’t, you took a chance, but there was something missing. That’s not necessarily an indication that there’s something wrong with you and that you need to take the rejection as some sort of proof that you’re “not worthy” of love or some bullshit like that. You’re totally worth finding love. It just may not be with this person. Tough. Life is full of disappointments sometimes, but they’re not a measuring stick of worthiness. Not by a long shot.

Get over yourselves, already, and take some risks. You're not as 'emotionally fragile,' as you all think. The only way to grow a spine is to get out there, and realize that you can withstand life's disappointments without shutting down.

Last edited:

You couldn't have made me happier, you're actually right. You truly are inspiring, thanks for that post, it really helps me.

Edit: I don't think I'm a waste of space. It's just that I had these bad experiences (which without doubt everyone has had)
and I find it hard to truly trust a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
You couldn't have made me happier, you're actually right. You truly are inspiring, thanks for that post, it really helps me.

Thank goodness, hun! Now, go get her. :)

Edit: I don't think I'm a waste of space. It's just that I had these bad experiences (which without doubt everyone has had)
and I find it hard to truly trust a person.

I realize that you never said you thought of yourself as a waste of space; I was sort of going on the general sentiments that I've observed people having whenever they find themselves in these sort of situations. You can use that stock phrase as a [insert negative thought here] sort of thing.

Oh brother, you guys! Can't you just smell the pessimism in here? Why is it that when it comes to the courting stage of a romantic relationship, INFJ's adopt this whole 'me' versus 'the other person' viewpoint wherein the other person is constantly painted in a paradoxical blend of malice and poetic perfectionism.

Let's do a quick 101 on "Other People" here.

Believe it or not, there is a relatively small part of the population that is truly out to 'get you.' Most people aren

Thank goodness, hun! Now, go get her. :)

I realize that you never said you thought of yourself as a waste of space; I was sort of going on the general sentiments that I've observed people having whenever they find themselves in these sort of situations. You can use that stock phrase as a [insert negative thought here] sort of thing.

Haha, might be sad but I saved it in a file, making sure I'll be able to re-read it tomorrow because that's the best pep talk I've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.