Do I still have a chance? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do I still have a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey whats with all the ENFP bashing?

need I remind you there is a good degree of variance in any MBTI type!

I don't have anything against ENFPs, but INFJ males seem to have an over-tendency to fall for ENFP girls. We look too hard for signals, and they too readily give signals.

INFJs are not a good match for ENFPs, despite the temptation. As a friend or a creative muse? Sure. As a partner in a relationship? No way.

I don't have anything against ENFPs, but INFJ males seem to have an over-tendency to fall for ENFP girls. We look too hard for signals, and they too readily give signals.

INFJs are not a good match for ENFPs, despite the temptation. As a friend or a creative muse? Sure. As a partner in a relationship? No way.

ok how can you say that for all INFJ/ENFP? you cant prove your theory, for some people it will work and for others it wont

I must say, something about the idea that INFJ's and ENFP's are "natural partners", accentuated my romanticism of the situation I was in. I now know of the danger of generalisations, especially considering we are talking about how the human mind works.

Oh well, live and learn, moving on!

I'm so sorry dear brokenhearted ones, you have my deepest sympathy!
Like Smiffy said, it is relative whether it will work out. However I dare say that we are very busy people and are on the run alot! And you need to realise for yourselves that it is time to give up.

I'm sitting on Facebook, refreshing the page over and over. I will do this until 2am. Why? Because I'm waiting for a girl, who I've fallen in love with, to reply to my message in which I told her exactly how I felt about her.

Don't young people realize that telling someone face-to-face means more than some text, email, or other wise digital message?

If someone did that to me, I'd not reply until they had to balls to tell me to my face.

Don't young people realize that telling someone face-to-face means more than some text, email, or other wise digital message?

If someone did that to me, I'd not reply until they had to balls to tell me to my face.

have you ever asked a guy out?

Then you have absolutely no conception of his anxiety, and some would call that quite insensitive. Make of it what you will.

to be honest if someone i liked asked me out, i wouldnt care of it was facebook, in person, by phone or an aeroplane message in the sky I would say yes

If someone I didnt like asked me out, I would so no, no matter how they asked me or how they put it, the answer in my opinion is pre determined!

I agree. What I am refering to is the post about someone "having the balls" to ask someone to their face. Some people don't have that level of confidence, and we should support those people.

I have the balls :D

But usually when I say "if they dont have the balls to say it to my face" it's because they insulted me, and indirectly too. Maybe through the he said she said game or a harrasing myspace email.

Is someone asking you out insulting?

I'm so sorry dear brokenhearted ones, you have my deepest sympathy!
Like Smiffy said, it is relative whether it will work out. However I dare say that we are very busy people and are on the run alot! And you need to realise for yourselves that it is time to give up.

I'm satisfied with knowing I have your e-sympathy.
And I think too it is relative, because I really think it could have worked out.
On one side, I don't think she lied to me, I would've felt it. Okay that may be strange, but I don't trust most people and I'm a bit paranoid, so yeah..
But there's still the thought that she just didn't want to hurt me.
Am I the only one who gets so upset with these things?

So you'd let them wait, because you don't approve of the method he/she did it?
Personally, I find it easier to tell it in real life, because then you don't have to wait. The waiting is deadly in my opinion.
So I think it's mean if you let them wait without an answer.

have you ever asked a guy out?

Yes, I have indeed asked a guy out. We dated a few times and upon getting to know each other better I opted to not go any further. Didn't seem to put a hitch in his stride as he starting dating a girl down the hall from me a week later.

I asked him to his face. In person. Was it difficult? Of course it was. I put myself out there but I wasn't asking him to commit to me. I wasn't asking for a long term relationship, I was asking for some one-on-one time to get to know him better.

The attitude towards dating seems to be that you go from strangers to hand-fasted in the course of one date. That if you ask someone out to dinner, or coffee that makes you a 'couple'...*rolls eyes*

I'd tell you males not to be too sensitive, but I am talking to a bunch of NF's. Rejection is a part of life. Part of the problem for most of you is you have no patience. It's all or nothing. No one considers anything in between. No one seems to tell a girl 'Hey, I'd like to get to know you better. Let me take you out to lunch.'

From a girls point of view, sometimes we have no idea you guys even are attracted to us. When suddenly confronted with the second or third party knowledge that 'Yes! So-and-So 'likes' me...?' the initial reaction will most likely be...'AHhhh Lets just be friends! I'm not looking for anything serious right now'....but since Now we know that you like us, that makes us look a little differently at you. But when you ask her for some one-on-one time to her face and she turns you down you can throw in a futures option by telling her.... 'Thats just fine, but if you change your mind the offer stands.'

Then you have absolutely no conception of his anxiety, and some would call that quite insensitive. Make of it what you will.

His anxiety is completely of his own creation. I wouldn't call that insensitive, I'd call it pragmatic.

If you are a member of an online dating site, I could accept the necessity of an email or text, as that is the purpose of internet dating sites. However, if this is someone you know IRL, and you don't have enough consideration for HER to walk up and tell her that you would like to move towards a romantic relationship...How is she supposed to gauge your level of sincerity (or even authenticity as someone could have stolen a password or accessed a social networking site from his computer, or sent a prank text from someone elses phone) from an electronic message?

Dating is full of bumps and bruises. And the sooner you get used to the idea that its gonna hurt sometimes the easier it is to handle the ride.

About the patience thing, we were first friends, and I developed feelings for her. I didn't really skip any steps <.<
I couldn't even fall in love with a girl whom (sp?) I don't know.

I would've asked her out to her face....If I could ever meet up with her!

That was kind of the point of the message, I'd rang and text her to arrange meeting, she ignored most of it so I sent that last message as like, an ultimatum. But it doesn't matter now, I have accepted the situation and I'm moving on. I hope she has a fantastic life, because she is a lovely young woman and I'm sure she'll find someone who suits her, like I will for me!

I would've asked her out to her face....If I could ever meet up with her!

That was kind of the point of the message, I'd rang and text her to arrange meeting, she ignored most of it so I sent that last message as like, an ultimatum. But it doesn't matter now, I have accepted the situation and I'm moving on. I hope she has a fantastic life, because she is a lovely young woman and I'm sure she'll find someone who suits her, like I will for me!

You know.. we could be together?
A gay long distance relationship?

Nah, two INFJs who have the exact same problems= nuclear explosion

Now you'll probably say 'It's not you... it's me' or the classic 'I just think of you as a friend'
I'm allowed to laugh with my own 'problems' right?

Status
Not open for further replies.