Desire for an Identical Twin? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Desire for an Identical Twin?

• An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete upgrade
I've wished that I had multiple brothers before, but I wouldn't want just one.

I think having a twin would change things growing up. I think having a twin actually helped me develop, and it's probably the reason for a wing 3 in my enneagram.

That's not to say they would be the closest thing to you forever. But growing up, having a twin made it easier for me to feel comfortable socially and gave me someone to imagine with as a child.

The only problem is, you can't get rid of them. That could mean many good and bad things

I grew up sandwiched between two brothers. The idea of having a twin sister is incredibly alien to me but sort of a fun imagination exercise. I imagine I would have picked up on girl-tips a lot sooner.

Nah, I don't particuarly want a twin.

I love my sisters. I think while it would bring joy at times, I would always be feeling responsible, regardless of whether or not I loved them like the dickens.

On a shallow note, I would feel terrible b/c I wouldn't be able to think myself ugly without thinking somebody else ugly o_O

hell yes! The E in me would be satisfied and i would be much more advanced as well as balanced. We could bounce off each other and grow. Imagine fred and george, they are identical entp twins
Posted via Mobile Device

I love fred and george. If I was entp I'd probably enjoy having a twin... but I'm not and I enjoy my privacy.

this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode
I think we would brutally kill each other in the end

hell no. I really wouldn't want one.

For some reason I find it a bit creepy.:m197:

err... I have four siblings so maybe it comes from that. But I've always felt I gained much more from other's differences than from similarities.

Of course it would have good sides but there would be way too much overpouring emotion... I can't really explain why but the idea really doesn't appeal to me at all. Psychoanalysis anyone? :D

Well, can I just keep my twin? We're fraternal, but people confuse us sometimes (less so now that he's in the Navy). Growing up, people confused us constantly. Now, if someone calls me "Max," my first instinct is to say, "David." At that point, they say, "what?" So now I have to say, "I'm Max's twin brother, David."

It also doesn't help that we have incredibly similar mannerisms, movements, and speech patterns, so we often get the question when we're together, "Are you guys twins?"
Do you have any freaking clue how many times I've heard that freaking question in my 20 years of existence?!?!
We've come up with some jokes for it, such as "identical cousins" (people believe us), clones (no one believes us), etc. If anyone has a good one, I'd appreciate the suggestion.
...another frequent question, "Who's older?" Although, only women ask that.

On that note, the only time we switched places was, supposedly, in kindergarten. I remember only an instant of coloring in a strange place.

While we can't complete each other's sentences, one can say to the other, "Remember that one time?" and we'll usually be remembering the same thing.

I don't know if it's because we're fraternal, but I see my face and body as very different from his.

Also, our personalities are different, in that he's an INTP and I'm INFJ. Because we're both introverts, we spend plenty of time alone. However, I recently watched him play through Tales of Symphonia 2, and he was nice enough to wait for me before moving with the story. We did the same with Eternal Darkness, but that game had good gameplay, so we beat it...together.

He might've been compared to me while we we're growing up (he's...lazier), but then I went to an IB school for high school. My mom says it was one of the best things to happen to us.

I'll think about this more and see what's pertinent and most interesting. Still, I feel like I'm skewing the data 'cause we're technically fraternal, and, like
gloomy-optimist, once people know us, they can tell us apart. They always say something about one of us having a rounded head and the other a squarer one. If I hear that conversation one more time...

Well, can I just keep my twin? We're fraternal, but people confuse us sometimes (less so now that he's in the Navy). Growing up, people confused us constantly. Now, if someone calls me "Max," my first instinct is to say, "David." At that point, they say, "what?" So now I have to say, "I'm Max's twin brother, David."

It also doesn't help that we have incredibly similar mannerisms, movements, and speech patterns, so we often get the question when we're together, "Are you guys twins?"
Do you have any freaking clue how many times I've heard that freaking question in my 20 years of existence?!?!
We've come up with some jokes for it, such as "identical cousins" (people believe us), clones (no one believes us), etc. If anyone has a good one, I'd appreciate the suggestion.
...another frequent question, "Who's older?" Although, only women ask that.

On that note, the only time we switched places was, supposedly, in kindergarten. I remember only an instant of coloring in a strange place.

While we can't complete each other's sentences, one can say to the other, "Remember that one time?" and we'll usually be remembering the same thing.

I don't know if it's because we're fraternal, but I see my face and body as very different from his.

Also, our personalities are different, in that he's an INTP and I'm INFJ. Because we're both introverts, we spend plenty of time alone. However, I recently watched him play through Tales of Symphonia 2, and he was nice enough to wait for me before moving with the story. We did the same with Eternal Darkness, but that game had good gameplay, so we beat it...together.

He might've been compared to me while we we're growing up (he's...lazier), but then I went to an IB school for high school. My mom says it was one of the best things to happen to us.

I'll think about this more and see what's pertinent and most interesting. Still, I feel like I'm skewing the data 'cause we're technically fraternal, and, like
gloomy-optimist, once people know us, they can tell us apart. They always say something about one of us having a rounded head and the other a squarer one. If I hear that conversation one more time...

Oh, this is fun :D My sister and I sometimes say something at the exact same time, and it freaks people out, but it's so much fun!

I always like to keep a straight face when someone asks us if we're twins and respond with something like, "I've never met her" or "We're not even related" -- people never know how to respond to that :D

And at this point I respond to so many names it's not even funny...I've heard about three or four variations of my name, plus the several ways to say hers...after a while, people just called us by our last name because we respond to both names and it's too confusing for them :D

And we got the whole head schpeel too -- I'm the one with the square face, and hers is rounded. Lovely.

We recently got our hair cut to near the same length. I'm interested to see what happens :D