Describe your style | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Describe your style

Hmmm, I describe my style as wearing whatever I want as long as it flatters me and is comfortable. It can range from hippie-meets-feminine to scene-meets-classy

I do make an effort to stay in my colour family.

Examples of things I would wear:

bohemian-skirt-muslim-women-fashion-6.jpg8-bohemian_fashion_fringe_bag_style.jpgtumblr_lxn00cyjPy1qd7sk5o1_250.jpg

My style would be described as feminine, wild, and sweet.

7570628530_324362e4dd.jpg

Work me

Otherwise I'll wear jeans with a t-shirt and blazer or golf shirt; track pants/shorts and a t-shirt at home.

I used to be some hybrid type of cyberpunk-vampire-iconoclastic-douchenozzle with all kinds of razor cut black hair, fitted dress shirts, dog collars, nail polish and shit. I even had a pair of faux leather pants once. A liquid metallic club shirt too.

Then I grew up.

Unfortunately, boredom came with it and I've gotten a bit drab in recent years. Pragmatic if you will. Combat boots, jeans and old black undershirts are how I'm rocking it these days. One of my big goals for this coming year is to jettison 80% of my wardrobe and start fresh.
I relate.

I haven't had a suitable income in a very long time and I've transformed into a mother, so my sense of style has sort of dwindled into frumpsville. I wear what is cheap and comfortable without too much care for style because I simply cannot afford to care.

When I was younger I was a rainbow haired raver/industrial-esque looking sort.

I tend towards more hippyish looking clothing now. I love chunky knitted sweaters and hats, fingerless knitted gloves like these
6a00e54f0fa61a88340153935e2d6a970b-800wi

I enjoy jewelry but I keep it very simple. Usually just an earthy gemstone pendant or beaded type necklace (amber, tigers eye, labradorite, carnelian, and bloodstone are some of my favorites). I currently only own one single pair of plain silver 14g ball clasp earrings, but again, if I could afford others, I would wear them. I like wooden jewelry as well. But my big jewelry weakness is rings. I love sterling silver rings.

I have very little jewelry currently, but if I had the means, I'd have a hell of a lot more. I like shiny things. And variety.

My color choices tend towards deep colors like various shades of grey, black, forest green, red, burgundy, brown. Dark navy blue is also nice.

I don't wear make up on a day to day basis, but I keep some around for the odd day I feel like getting a little extra gussied up. My hair is usually either braided or put up in some sort of twisty way with a clip, or just worn down.

Shoe choice is utilitarian and comfort. Sneakers that will go with everything (Saucony Jazz in black and oatmeal) and a pair of boots (Eastland Badgers).

Since it's winter:

- Jeans. I have 2 pair. So one pair or the other pair.
- A solid-colored top. Usually fleece. But if I want to "dress up" I will wear a long sleeved jersey shirt with a colorful scarf.
- Wool socks
- Running shoes, hiking shoes, or hiking boots (I live in western Montana...this is what people wear...in the summer it's Chacos...)
- Pony tail. Unless I felt extra ambitious that morning and washed my hair and dried it. Then I would wear it down. It looks nice that way, but I usually don't care to bother...
- I wear mascara most of the time. But no other makeup.

I am super low-maintenance. But I don't look frumpy, I think. Just kind of like a tomboy. Which I sort of am...in a girly, mommy sorta way...

I have three style modes:

Work style: everything is perfectly pressed and properly worn - I want people to see that I do things properly and will expect them to do likewise.
Free time: no style, indifferent to opinion.
Formal non-work: not a particular look - whatever is appropriate - but expensive. The expensive look makes dealing with both sexes easier in different ways.

i wear pajamas more often than any other type of clothing
dec9010.jpg

i have several different styles and colors and patterns that i mix and match. i have a bit of a fan club on my street and i'm not ashamed to say that i feel a bit proud and full of myself over that.

Reactions: Gaze and #@&5&49
I tend to range depending on my mood... I have gothic clothing, vintage clothing, etc... it really depends on my mood xD

This is my preferred style.

Snapshot_20121218.JPG

Snapshot_20121218_14.JPG

Snapshot_20121218_8.JPG

Post 80s neo-Meryl Streep business bitch though I am not above wearing a full-denim ladies power suit that i have bedazzled myself--all that with a dash of sexy dyke and a splash of pretentious swashbuckling baroque enthusiast. I enjoy walking through the fallen steel mills and remarking on the symmetry of degradation, I prefer ketchup on my eggs and boots so tall I can barely walk in them. Furthermore, I am part of a devastatingly hip new generation of underground illiterati hell bent on bringing back the wearing of inside out sweatshirts and candlebox. I have a speedy Gonzalez tattoo on my ankle and am on a maraschino cherry diet.
i am breaking all of the rules of science for love and honor.
Nike; just do it.
/tips cowboy hat politely.
None of this is true.

Reactions: acd
7570628530_324362e4dd.jpg

Work me

Otherwise I'll wear jeans with a t-shirt and blazer or golf shirt; track pants/shorts and a t-shirt at home.

i think I SA that outfit on an episode of Bones. Is that where you got the idea?

Reactions: Jet
i think I SA that outfit on an episode of Bones. Is that where you got the idea?

I was thinking the same thing - the buckle, specifically.

I have no idea what my style is.. ecclectic, perhaps? I have a mix and match of a lot of things - tshirts and jeans, floor-length skirts and hoodies are the majority of items in my casual wardrobe.

I very rarely go out anywhere (except to the gym), but my work style is more corporate though again leaning toward pant suits than dresses or skirts.

My colours however are muted - blue greys, taupe, olive greens and dusty purples are what I tend to gravitate towards, but I wear a lot of black and white as well.

I'm tall so I don't generally wear heals, but I love my cons and mary janes.

The accessories I wear however are usually geek-orientated in some way - superhero, steampunk or sci-fi based, mixed earrings on both ears, chunky rings on the pointers of both hands, etc.

The belt buckle is from Bones. I found out the manufacturer of it and had to order it. It was too awesome. David Boreanaz is my 'mancrush'.

Dunno if it happens, but I go for balanced, indescribable, like you can't label me. :D

I dont think i have any style. most of my clothes are a mishmash from op shops and the markets. And a lot of fair trade clothes here are just hippyish so i have some hippyish clothes. At home i wear pajamas or robes all day. i like robe dresses. A couple of my robes are nice enough to wear out so i do. I like floral prints, lace, velvet, silk, linen, bamboo, cotton. I pick clothes based on texture, durability, personal appeal, and ethics. If i really like an item i will buy several of them. I dont like buying things so i make sure what i buy will not fall apart. Most of my clothes are very brightly coloured, but conservative. Its hard to match them sometimes. I look 'clashing' a lot. I need to buy more plain black or white shirts i think.

mostly i guess i think of temperature, comfort and practicality when getting dressed. I dislike being hot or cold, feeling confined, or feeling like i cant run around if i wanted to etc. So i wear mostly dresses or shorts. Normally flat slip on shoes or runners. I bought a special tshirt that keeps my body temp cooler that i wear when its really hot. I dont own many pants. I wear jeans when its very cold- which it rarely is here. I like the look of jewelry and have a lot of it- mostly given to me- but i rarely wear it. It feels confining and it snags on clothes, my hair and other things.

The attributes i want to present to others is clean, neatish, respectful, non intimidating, approachable. I dont know if im entirely successful

What I'd like to wear, and what I actually buy and dress myself with are very very different. I do like interesting and quality textiles, and sometimes indulge myself in those things. I love real leather bags and even fur.

I think if I was thinner I would be much more stylish, but I'm not sure if that is really true.

tumblr_mgmzomSvRq1qzldazo1_500.jpg_mej58zOuri1re1i8qo1_500.jpg_m8nqs4ouUy1rdwn6to1_500.jpg_m5j1ng7Cjz1rvuy0co1_500.jpgmh3vqhTRhc1qzldo8o1_500.jpgmgy6cfmZxh1r7his3o1_500.jpgmfs6s1s77Z1r6f2sjo1_500.jpg_mh3u0pzl4t1qkt9aoo1_500.jpgtumblr_mbqm5wfVCp1revt7to1_500.jpgmh4nlkPmlt1qm5hnso1_500.jpgtumblr_mh41ngDA9c1qagzcfo1_500.jpgfashion1.jpg

I struggle to explain...so here are a collection of pictures. My style often has a strong 70s vibe to it. I like layering. I LOVE boots it makes me sad when it gets too hot for them.
In winter I love knitwear : long cardigans, loose fitting jumpers, knitted dresses.

I love dresses and skirts and I usually prefer them above the knee. Scarves are awesome. I wear a lot of dark colours.

I like my jeans and hoodies, generally, but if I have to put any effort in, I like a bit of western - I love love love my cowboy boots, and I have several tooled belts. I like slim, simple, classy looks that are casual. knee high boots, long blond hair, beachy mussed wavy. minimal makeup, just lipgloss and mascara most of the time. in the summer, soft flowy fabrics like linen beach pants.
I can't stand ruffles, bows, ruched, and super busy prints. I like a calm, flattering outfit.

My style varies a lot from day to day, depending on my mood, but almost always has a romanticized feel to it–whether it's neo-Victorian goth, Renaissance inspired, hippy-ish, retro, vintage, or more modern and edgy. There's often a theme to my outfits. I've been accused by more trendy, conformist dressers of "wearing costumes" all the time. For example, I might wear a black pencil skirt, a striped shirt, red lipstick, and a beret for a Parisian look. Especially if I've recently watched Amelie or some other whimsical French film that puts me in the "mood" to dress that way. My dress always reflects my mood.

I like contrasting edgy, masculine elements with frilly skirts and feminine accessories. I adore my black combat boots, which I often wear with tutus and lacy dresses. Nothing makes me feel more sexy than a pair of badass boots (except maybe corsets and stockings/tights). I don't shy away from very over-the-top, eye-catching outfits, and I dream of one day living in a big city where I can dress as crazy as I want without looking crazy to everyone.

Here are some examples of outfits that say "me":

View attachment 17022 View attachment 17021 View attachment 17023
View attachment 17024 View attachment 17025 View attachment 17026
View attachment 17027 View attachment 17028 View attachment 17029

Okay, enough pictures... >_>; Even though I feel like I've only given examples of a few of my many styles. When I say it varies a lot, I mean a lot. :p

I do a lot with my hair too. It's SUPER long (reaches my calves), so I can wear it down when I want a fantasy princess or hippy look. I might include one small braid down the back, or wrapped around the crown of my head, with the rest down. I get creative. When I want my hair up, there's an endless variety of buns and/or braids I can choose from. People are always commenting on the hairsticks I often wear, which have been nicknamed my "concealed weapons." I'm always watching long hair tutorials on Youtube for more ideas.

View attachment 17030 View attachment 17031 View attachment 17032

Long hair on women is awesome.