the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Describe your style, aka the way you look and the way you want others to see you. This is a completely shallow thread so none of that philosophical bs. Post pics of you showing off your style if words escape you.

Reactions: acd
Picture 27.jpg465.jpg

I think these two plus my avatar sum it up. (I hope).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
So you like black tops. That's all the style you got?

C'mon, a psychologist would have a field day with the all black. I wear tee-shirts and jeans mostly, go barefoot, but its my facial expressions that show my style.

What does your face show?

Aren't we riding the cusp of philosophical bs? You stated, "Describe your style, aka the way you look and the way you want others to see you." I couldn't really put it into words so I gave pictures. Hopefully, the pictures express the way I want others to see me. If I had to think of three words that may come close they would be: contemplative, sexy, caring.

Does that float a little better with you? Maybe I misunderstood the intent and I apologize.

I like people to see me as lighthearted, friendly, and as someone they can trust, but I have trouble conveying that because I have a tendency to be rather quiet, reserved, and somewhat shy. I generally make horrible conversation unless it is a topic of interest, in which I can go on and on, until I overdo it. I also like to be seen as someone who works hard, as I feel I do, and like to be relied on. I always try not to come across as arrogant, but as a results, I sometimes end up downplaying my strengths and people get the wrong idea or think they've bested me, even though getting "bested" doesn't really matter to me. I don't like playing the social hierarchy game, so I stay away from gossip, which can be really hard for some people to understand. I like to wear t-shirts and jeans and don't like wearing baseball hats because I have a small head and I just look like a kid wearing his dad's hat. I used to try really hard to look older because I look extremely young for my age. I'm 31 and people often say I look maybe 20. This I attribute to my babyface and lanky frame which I cannot do anything about, so I've stopped worrying about it.

Aren't we riding the cusp of philosophical bs? You stated, "Describe your style, aka the way you look and the way you want others to see you." I couldn't really put it into words so I gave pictures. Hopefully, the pictures express the way I want others to see me. If I had to think of three words that may come close they would be: contemplative, sexy, caring.

Does that float a little better with you? Maybe I misunderstood the intent and I apologize.

You don't need to apologize, it's just a conversation on the Internet. :)

You will discover I apologize profusely, as I blame myself for pretty much everything in my life - a flaw, I know.

Reactions: 5r6jhd and the
I have a plain but sometimes comfy style. I like light colors, usually something floral or solid dark colors. I don't like too bright colors which call attention to myself. I like to be visible but not noticed if that makes sense. I've changed in style- used to be a plain jane, a very dowdy and blah fashion sense. Once wore loose and baggy clothing, not very flattering. Now, I dress up a little more. I gots a little style. :D I don't like to be too exposed but I like to look feminine. I don't wear make-up so I am au naturel in face except for light lip gloss. Otherwise, I like nice scents. I don't like clothing which is too tight because I feel self conscious but I do like form fitting clothes to wear casually because they're comfortable. I guess I like to be seen as comfortable and conscientious. I like to be aware and I like my style to show that I am aware of who I am, that I have a sense of self or style that fits who I am but doesn't overdo it.

Reactions: Bellosome
When I'm at home, I like to dress as comfortably as possible. I'm all about yoga pants and t-shirts and over-sized, zip-up hoodies. I throw my hair up in a ponytail and never bother with make-up or jewelry.

When I go out, though, (even if its just out to the grocery store) I make a conscious effort to pull myself together. I'd describe myself as a bit preppy/business casual with a feminine flair; I wear a lot of blazers, heels and skirts and I never leave the house without at least a bangle or two. I typically dress in solid colours and I will shell out a little more money for better quality material if I know I can get away with wearing it for a couple of years. I don't do loud colours or crazy patterns or prints and unless I really, really like the style, you won't see me wearing any odd cuts or anything overly loose and bedraggled. I do like funky accessories, though, and I will usually dress things up with a pop of colour or subtly introduce an interesting detail into the outfit.

As a general rule, I dislike wearing anything that puts branding on full display--like lettering across the chest or a big company logo sewn into the ass pocket of my jeans. I don't mind if it's small or understated, but even then, I try to avoid it.

Here are a few examples of things I'd actually wear:

tumblr_mf1ppurjsT1s0pd45o1_500.jpg
tumblr_meyyqq63Ec1ryf44mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mf1oru9glh1rgq5eio1_500.jpg
tumblr_me9pnful5Y1rz7i6ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_me9pocHnDU1rz7i6ro1_500.jpg
tumblr_me7yuyA2jG1rz7i6ro1_500.jpg

When I'm at home, I like to dress as comfortably as possible. I'm all about yoga pants and t-shirts and over-sized, zip-up hoodies. I throw my hair up in a ponytail and never bother with make-up or jewelry.

When I go out, though, (even if its just out to the grocery store) I make a conscious effort to pull myself together. I'd describe myself as a bit preppy/business casual with a feminine flair; I wear a lot of blazers, heels and skirts and I never leave the house without at least a bangle or two. I typically dress in solid colours and I will shell out a little more money for better quality material if I know I can get away with wearing it for a couple of years. I don't do loud colours or crazy patterns or prints and unless I really, really like the style, you won't see me wearing any odd cuts or anything overly loose and bedraggled. I do like funky accessories, though, and I will usually dress things up with a pop of colour or subtly introduce an interesting detail into the outfit.

As a general rule, I dislike wearing anything that puts branding on full display--like lettering across the chest or a big company logo sewn into the ass pocket of my jeans. I don't mind if it's small or understated, but even then, I try to avoid it.

Here are a few examples of things I'd actually wear:

tumblr_mf1ppurjsT1s0pd45o1_500.jpg
tumblr_meyyqq63Ec1ryf44mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mf1oru9glh1rgq5eio1_500.jpg
tumblr_me9pnful5Y1rz7i6ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_me9pocHnDU1rz7i6ro1_500.jpg
tumblr_me7yuyA2jG1rz7i6ro1_500.jpg

I LOVE that kinda stuff. Are those your boots? They are positively sexual.

Reactions: Jet and Bellosome
I LOVE that kinda stuff. Are those your boots? They are positively sexual.

I have boots very similar to that. That photo gave me the idea to pair them with some ultra feminine knee-highs next time :)

Reactions: Jet
I would probably do a triple-take if I saw those boots and socks.

Post 80s neo-Meryl Streep business bitch though I am not above wearing a full-denim ladies power suit that i have bedazzled myself--all that with a dash of sexy dyke and a splash of pretentious swashbuckling baroque enthusiast. I enjoy walking through the fallen steel mills and remarking on the symmetry of degradation, I prefer ketchup on my eggs and boots so tall I can barely walk in them. Furthermore, I am part of a devastatingly hip new generation of underground illiterati hell bent on bringing back the wearing of inside out sweatshirts and candlebox. I have a speedy Gonzalez tattoo on my ankle and am on a maraschino cherry diet.
i am breaking all of the rules of science for love and honor.
Nike; just do it.
/tips cowboy hat politely.

frump gone sour with an old man Beiber.

Reactions: acd and Jet
Jeans, hoodies (or hooded zipped sweaters) and leather jackets as outerwear for every day life. Generally, I don't like to show much skin. I like scarves too. Knee high boots if it's raining or snowing, but I prefer not to tuck in my jeans. I own more heels than I do flats, I keep the latter for when there is a lot of leg work to be done. I don't think I own any dresses, and not into skirts either.

I can dress up nicely for an occasion, but other than that, I like my comfortable and warm hoodies.

Blue collar. Dickies shirts, jeans, desert boots. Gets the goddamn job done.

I used to be some hybrid type of cyberpunk-vampire-iconoclastic-douchenozzle with all kinds of razor cut black hair, fitted dress shirts, dog collars, nail polish and shit. I even had a pair of faux leather pants once. A liquid metallic club shirt too.

Then I grew up.

Unfortunately, boredom came with it and I've gotten a bit drab in recent years. Pragmatic if you will. Combat boots, jeans and old black undershirts are how I'm rocking it these days. One of my big goals for this coming year is to jettison 80% of my wardrobe and start fresh.

Reactions: Linda Loo