Describe Your Dream Home... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Describe Your Dream Home...

Um, it would have insontis in it...

images

I think the "Rainbow Row" houses in Charleston are divine, but wouldn't prefer to live there as I found it to be too segregated.

Also... don't type in "Southern House" if you have an aversion to large spiders. Thank you.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this so I had to dig up this thread.

What I came up with was lots of plants and books. And... a certain sort of cozy ambiance. Not a lot of knick-knacks or an excess of furniture and detritus lying around, but a simple sort of coziness.

tumblr_m43npdxWfD1qdnwc7o3_250.jpg

tumblr_m1zb9eCfVq1qm035lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7jh38DcJA1rbhkiso1_500.jpg

tumblr_m43npdxWfD1qdnwc7o4_500.jpg

tumblr_m43npdxWfD1qdnwc7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lztdv4iguC1qd4q01o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7qkqijXfT1qfb46yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2ckycgUJc1qfb46yo1_500.jpg

A sleeping surface surrounded by or close to windows is ideal, if that wasn't noticeable. :]

I find the exterior of the middle building terribly appealing:
tumblr_m7m2xxoMZW1qzw51po1_500.jpg

And the location of this one ideal:
tumblr_m7mn40kzWy1r7m9kyo1_500.jpg

Reactions: Wyote
This is a tea shop in Wales, but I'd gladly live here:

tumblr_m7pyp3zFe41rsobibo1_500.jpg

Reactions: Wyote
Open concept with big windows and natural light
Study/library room with book shelves up to the ceiling
Minimalist kitchen and office
Warm and cozy bedroom
Pet friendly
Big back yard where I can grow my own vegetables and flowers
Lots of space in general

Lots of trees outside
Lots of windows (to see said trees and to fill the place with natural light)
Places for books everywhere
Places to hide things (not in a creepy "bury the body/evidence" way, but in a fun "hidden treasures" type way)
Over-sized, overstuffed bed in a warm sleepy bedroom

i’m content with house i live in. it’s quite small and old. the older the better. dark wooden floorboards, high ceilings, persian rugs, 18th and 19th century paintings/prints, antique furniture (i don’t have antique furniture, because very expensive), fire place, heavy curtains to shut out light in summer, keep the house cold and dark.

i have lavender, rosemary, lilies, jasmine, and three types of david austin roses growing in my garden. recently, low-growing weeds have spread throughout my garden: they are soft and deep green --- i think it looks quite pretty.

and good speakers for music. i feel safe in my house.

A simple cottage.

cottage.jpg

And if I was several feet shorter, I'd be very happy living in my own hobbit hole.

Small-house-design-Hobbit-house.jpg

it would be in a bicycle friendly small town like corvallis oregon and close to nature. ideally, there'd be a stream or waterfall in the back yard, or at least trees or hills. a lot of the vistas in everyone else's posts are cool. i especially like the old plank path through the tree above.

i'd like a reasonable amount of space. i don't like closed quarters like the apartment i'm in now constantly stubbing my toes or shins.

if i were to build it from scratch, i'd either go for stucco on haybales or dirt mound construction. i'd least like an old victorian house and would prefer something modern.

the living room would have a really nice A/V system with extra emphasis on sound quality. if i were being extravagant, i'd even dedicate a home theater room, but i'm just not much into movies anymore. back when i still was, i imagined a nice grocery store style fridge with glass doors filled with all kinds of soda and beer. i'm not into drinking anymore either.

i like high vaulted ceilings and big windows much like the 3rd pic in the 2nd row in the post above.

i'd REALLY like a rear porch with an inspiring view for sunset cuddling sessions or back yard barbecuing. a nice outdoor cooking area and hot tub would be nice.

if there were an attached barn on the property, i'd build a recording studio in it and get down to making music for love, and not money.

i'd love to do landscaping, but NO red or roses! blues, golds, violets and greens only with the "overgrown natural style" and not that effing plant-space filled with bark mulch-plant control freak style everyone else uses. i like the look of random & dense better. a nice koi pond would be nice too. fish are very relaxing to watch.

i'd have a workshop in the basement or barn where i could dabble in art projects & businesses like tree hugger teeshirts.

there would be a windmill & solar water heating etc. for efficiency.

and cars in the driveway would be electric, or bicycles. access to a nearby bike path would be great too.

i don't know that i've written any of that down or shared it with anyone. more than anything though, i'd be happy in a regular old house and not have to share walls with aholes bent on driving me nuts. i'd be the neighbor with the big obnoxious fence and "no tresspassing under threat of alligators" sign. LOL

And if I was several feet shorter, I'd be very happy living in my own hobbit hole.

At first when I read this, I thought it said "seven feet shorter" -- For a moment I kept thinking "damn. How tall is she!?!"
hehehe :eek:)

(But I would also love a hobbit house)

A sleek, boxy, futuristic design, but made out of rustic/roughly-hewn wood with weathered paint--for both the interior and the exterior. Located in San Francisco, or maybe further up north in the redwoods somewhere.
Antique furniture. High tech entertainment options, including a private movie theater. Also an art studio and insanely huge library. Lots of huge windows and natural lighting. Near ponds, streams, lots of wildlife, etc. Very secluded and on a ginormous plot of land. :)

Clean. Seriously with two kids that's all I ask for.

Oh this sounds fun! I'll give it a go.

I'd live in an apartment, but I'd own the whole complex. Each apartment would have a different theme. One could be japanese, one could only contain metal (except for necessary fabrics and cushioning), one that only contained rectangles (everything has 90 degree angles), one that's meant to look like living outdoors, one that has tons of twinkly, colorful lights, one for electrical devices like computers and such, etc. I'd probably dedicate one to crafts and projects, it would be a total mess, lol. I could use whichever ones I want whenever I want.

All apartments would be chemical free, carpet free, have high tech air quality systems, permanent UV protection film on all the windows, removable blackout curtains, heating and a/c, uhhh...

I may be imagining condos, not apartments, because I see one lane roads that wind around the property and multiple buildings. All the roads would connect to a rotary in the center and be made of stones like in Italy, and be lined with tiger lillies and other orange, yellow, and pink flowers that have pointy, triangular petals.

Away from the public road that leads to my property, there would be a small, shallow pond that freezes in the winter. To the back left, there'd be a tiny Shinto shrine dedicated to Amaterasu. Japanese cherry trees would be scattered around, and a Japanese garden, framed by tall shrubs, would take up the right third of the outdoorsy area. It would contain a small sand and rock garden, meditation area, intertwined walkways and a mini, man-made waterfall (it wouldn't run on electricity, more like rotating wheels or something, idk, lol). The entire garden would be visually perfect, with the most pleasing angles, shapes, colors, proportions, etc.

It would be cool if I could open a specific part of my apartment/condo complex to the public as a community center of sorts, so I wouldn't have to walk far to interact with humans...

I'd also want a HUGE light up Ferris wheel, like the one in Japan! Mesmerizing... <(*-*)>

Lets see. What does my dream home have...

View attachment 17608

Two story architectural charmer with a lot of history.

View attachment 17609

Wonderful garden with cozy sitting area.

View attachment 17610

Landscaped and secluded walkways.

View attachment 17611

Children playing.

View attachment 17617

Spacious and well lit workshop.

View attachment 17612

Husband.

View attachment 17613

Guys

View attachment 17614

Gourmet kitchen.

View attachment 17615

Lovely sitting room.

View attachment 17616

Lots of room to roam.

View attachment 17618

Office, library, music room.

View attachment 17629

Relaxing bathtub

View attachment 17630

Pool

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonworld
I would love to have one of those houses from the 60s/70s that has a garden in the middle, and lots of windows. In my last place I had a lot of clutter, so in my next place I want it to be really minimal.

No walls. Japanese architecture. Water is running through the house, under open faced steps, etc. A tree grows inside the house.

Location: by a shallow river, surrounded by pine forest. Desolate place, but near a bigger city. Good connection to public transport.

Exterior: lots of grass, freely growing trees.

Form: Everything but simple cubic form. Classic form, perhaps something similar to the Victorian style but with more ornaments (perhaps renaissance). On the other hand I don't want it to look like baroque. I'd love it to have a turret, something similar to the one below:

Wie%C5%BCyczka-kamienicy-przy-ul-Gda%C5%84skiej-Bydgoszcz.jpg

Blue colored facade, like the one below.
tchaikovsky.jpg

Interior:
necessarily separate office and house library. Grand piano in the living room. No TV, just radio. Impressionist paintings on the walls. Pastel colors on the walls, green and yellow. Blue office. Green / red bedroom + chestnut brown furniture, with some plants so that it would look like a middle of a rain forest. Occasional art deco and modernist motives in ceramics and wallpapers.