Describe Your Dream Home...

Relm

Community Member
Jul 3, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If you were NOT bounded by money, physics, geography, or any other practical constraint... What type of home would you live in? Describe your dream home inside and out (including environment/location). What would be your most perfect habitat? =)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reason
I'd live on a cliff overlooking the ocean somewhere, with rocks not sand. It'd be off the grid, and at least half a mile from any other people. Small but super comfy and very neat. Lots of windows and natural building materials. Decor would be shades of blue and I would have the biggest bed ever. And a playstation. And lots of tea.

My next home. I will have it. Small ranch home with a walkout basement on abt 5 to 10 acres of land. Nice stone patio with pool and flower planters. The house will be on elevated land so I can view the open sky and perhaps a lake down below. A vegetable garden nearby. A detached garage with large workspace and a small studio. My decorating sense is simple/non-cluttered and I enjoy antiques or other eclectic items.

I LUUURRRVEEE yardwork. :)

Reactions: invisible
[MENTION=4383]Ryo[/MENTION] That sounds pretty amazing... lotsa tea is key ;)

Mine: a cobblestone "cottage" on a high hill overlooking an evergreen forest with pristine snow-capped mountains in the distance. Huge windows, wood-paneled vaulted ceiling in the mail room, a great stone fireplace, and all of the floors are rich golden oak. Directly out back is a courtyard of sorts with herb and flower gardens. The third floor is an artist-loft studio that has spacious windows facing in every direction, so that I can have sunlight shining in no matter what angle the sun is at. *purrrs*

As a totally fantasy element, I would love to have a magical door that leads to my own private beach on a distant shore...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
Wood floor and paneling throughout.. except a richly coloured meditteranean mosaic tiled floor in the kitchen with maybe terra cotta colored painted walls.

Somewhere somewhat remote.. not too far from civilization if I felt like going out and being social and seeing other people
My ideal home must be on a body of water
Must be near a forest or small wooded area
Must have at least a four or five acres all around... space for a vegetable garden, perhaps a grove or orchard.. and room for dogs to run... and a fire pit to sit outside and play the fiddle around

I like cathedral ceilings and fire places and antique wood shelves and cabinets built into walls
Must have a BIG veranda
Must have a lot of windows facing south for our giant indoor plant collection (one wall of my apartment now looks like a jungle. Need more room.)

The house doesn't have to be huge. I don't want a really huge house.. it would feel too empty and lonely. There has to be room enough for company and animals.. but it should be cozy.

I always change my mind about what I would want.

Sometimes it's a modern home on a beach overlooking the sea, decorated in pure white so as not to detract from the view.
Other times I think I'd prefer a castle with a huge library and a ginormous fireplace.
Or a mansion with winding staircases. Or a decadent Victorian manor with canopied beds.
Or a cozy house built within a huge tree deep in the forest.

The things they have in common is rural living and the solitude that comes with it. I love gardens and unobstructed views of the stars.

But I also like my creature comforts, so it couldn't be too rustic, or it would have to be updated to include things like a relaxing bath.
I really would like to keep my running water, electricity and internet connection.

Of course, if there really were no restraints, I could have them all! :D (Spoken like a true Taurean, I know, lol.)

Hmmm... This is actually quite difficult... xD

I wouldn't mind my dream home here in the UK, nor would I mind it in another country, really.
I guess I'd love a quirky little house.... with nice features. :)
In an isolated area, surrounded by beautiful views...
:3

I don't really care what it looks like, as long as I have a view like this:

city-Anchorage-Alaska-sunset-Mount-Redoubt-erupting-AKSSPEH0003.jpg

Quiet. Calming smells. A warm oven in the winter. Tons of drawers to put things in. A wonderful bed. Nooks. Air flow. A small garden that I wouldn't tend :)

Rather small. Clean. Safe.

A very personal and comforting place.

Penthouse suite in a luxurious hotel. No yard chores and no house chores. I pay as I go and I leave when I please.

Reactions: barbad0s
[MENTION=2300]Siamese cat[/MENTION] - Those are some lovely photos! =)

[MENTION=4434]brownegg[/MENTION] - I really like yours. I think it is easy to overlook the "feeling home" we are truly seeking in favor of something concrete and externally impressive. By that token, I'd describe the feel I'm looking for as: wood floors glowing in sunlight, the sacred quiet of a snowy morning, the pop and crackle of a cozy fire, the savory smell of a stew or spice bread cooking... =)

[MENTION=1292]Quest[/MENTION] Looks lovely! =)

This looks interesting. I always wanted to have a house in Art Deco style.
artdeco_woking.jpg

Why describe it when google is filled with imagery. :D

klvIo.jpg