Describe Your Dream Home... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Describe Your Dream Home...

tumblr_lu5y6gkdyE1qaj4mpo1_500.jpg

If you were NOT bounded by money, physics, geography, or any other practical constraint... What type of home would you live in? Describe your dream home inside and out (including environment/location). What would be your most perfect habitat? =)

If physics aren't a limitation, then I'd go with a flying island fortress. lol

i like the fantasy of living in outrageous luxury with everything arranged for complete convenience and comfort with clean lines of everything and nothing ever in the way always in perfect repair and everything anyone could ever want.

Why describe it when google is filled with imagery. :D
klvIo.jpg
You know, I must be older these days since I look at that and just think, "That's a whole goddamn lot of house to maintain!!" As for mine... it's already been built in 1935:
View attachment 10225

You know, I must be older these days since I look at that and just think, "That's a whole goddamn lot of house to maintain!!" As for mine... it's already been built in 1935:
View attachment 10225

That's actually the first thing that came in to mind when I saw that picture but I think it'll be worth the effort, not that I'll be owning such majestic house haha. We will always be young at heart. :m059:

Very artsy house you got there. ^^

I like the contemporary villa design, either that or art deco with a warm wood interior. I especially like the idea of an interior courtyard
thumbnail.aspx

That's actually the first thing that came in to mind when I saw that picture but I think it'll be worth the effort, not that I'll be owning such majestic house haha. We will always be young at heart. :m059:

Very artsy house you got there. ^^

Thanks, Frank Lloyd Wright would agree :)

Fallingwater

a large town sized complex containing (yes a list):
music venue,practice space and recording studio
theatre/cinema
fighting pit
restaurant sized kitchen and banquet hall
small university with library
destruction field (for breaking things and shooting)
wild gardens
water fall/features through whole complex
large art spaces and a gallery
full gymnasium
guest houses
stables

all would look similar to Villa d'Este
[h=1][/h]

My home would be like Walden. It would have to be up in the mountains with lots of pine trees and a modest amount of snow in the winter. There would be a creek running through the property, and a lake nearby. It would be very small, so that it would be easy to keep up -- maybe a one bedroom. It would be pretty rustic but with a few exceptions such as really good insulation and internal atmosphere control. It would have a fireplace. The kitchen has to be really functional. There would be no manicured lawn, just natural beauty with a few flowers planted by the porch, which has a swing or rocker. There is a small vegetable garden, and lots of animals: chickens, a goat, a horse, lots of cats, and a big ol' wolf dog. It is within driving distance of a town that has at least one movie theater, but the nearest neighbor is not within hearing.

mountain cabin.jpg

This is the closest thing I could find: Deep in the redwoods with some mid-size windows, not a monster of a house, made of the stuff all around the house. I don't like the French doors on the front of this one, but this is super close... a nice cozy cabin made for just two.

dreamc-EXT1.jpg

I just want a beautiful townhouse in NYC. I know it's nothing imaginative but I've always wanted one:

tumblr_lvm2ixdMyT1qhuar3o1_500.jpg

I don't have to describe it, I found it. :D It's a house arranged by a painter in France. The pics are in the link. Enjoy. :)

http://www.freshomedesign.com/2011/04/beautiful-design-of-french-country-house-a-dream-house/
Lovely! :D

I'm partial to Victorian houses. One of my dreams has been to live in an Octagon house
irvington_ny.jpg
but as this is the ultimate dreamhouse the octagon would be a part of the house, the top housing my victorian style library. ;D
...and there's be a conservatory
Victorian-conservatory-exterior.jpg
and the house would be a crazy sprawling house with odd rooms and corridors that lead nowhere and secret passages! ...like the Winchester Mystery House
(minus the spirits, please. No ghosts allowed.)
winchester-house.jpgWinchester_Mystery_House_San_Jose_CA_C31107.jpg
And there'd be rooms for music and painting, welding, restoration etc.
I like eclectic bohemian interiors

Attachments

• Goetheanum.jpg
    Goetheanum.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2
There would be two.

A big open condo in my regular city, downtown where most of the stores and restaurants are, with plenty of windows and light, a big kitchen with room to cook and have guests when I wanted, but soundproofed (both ways) so I could isolate myself when necessary. A music room where I could have lessons, and a room that was just big and flat for exercise of various sorts.

And a house in the country, similar, again plenty of windows, surrounded by trees and green. Fireplace, warm in winter, cool in summer, hardwood floors and plenty of room. Room for a garden and a dog.

(Of course, if I could afford these, I could also afford someone to clean them. i've learned the hazards of big houses, i won't do this to myself again.)

Last edited: