Describe Your Dream Home... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Describe Your Dream Home...

I saw this and was immediately reminded of [MENTION=5715]Lemonworld[/MENTION]

lemonworld_zps92ccf1a5.jpg

Reactions: invisible
Small, quiet, clean. Lots of white. Lots of windows. Minimal, practical furniture that is comfortable and durable. A few pieces of art or photographs that I can stop and appreciate, even when they begin to blend into everything else and I barely notice them anymore. Efficient. Open. No more than 1000 sq ft because I hate cleaning too much.

Infinite cushions and grilled cheese

Couch-Cushion-Fort-03.jpg

Tbh, I've been starting to work on mine since january. I need to move in to it, in order to take care of my grandmother and keep my deceased grandfather's business running. The over growth in the back yard has been cut down now and the trees trimmed down to a manageable size. Back there is going to become a pretty beautiful garden if I may say so myself. There's also a nice green house attached to the garage and a solarium attached to the kitchen. The biggest undertaking will be the installment of a bathroom downstairs. Currently the house has no shower, just a bath on the upper level. So I'm using the pluming from the laundry room for a bathroom with shower in the basement. My dad and uncle have really been a tremendous help with the whole thing and it's really coming along nicely so far.

It's pretty interesting that I can definitely see elements in everyone's dream house that I would certainly like. I guess that shouldn't be too shocking. I'm a total lush for this kind of stuff, so I'll elaborate for anyone else who really cares...

Mine would be spanish colonial villa on top of a heavily-forested hill inside of an inlet or bay in the southern part of the pacific northwest. Northern California or southern Oregon. It would be so tucked in that no one would know it was there, but anyone within would have one hell of a view. In fact, it would overlook the bay and would have a beautiful, well-landscaped path all the way down the hill to the water. If anyone isn't familiar with the villa style, its a U-shaped structure made of stucco and/or brick with a courtyard in the middle, and has a Mediterranean-tiled roof. My house would be somewhere between dove-grey and mauve, with cobalt-blue tiles. The interior trim, beams, stairs etc. would be aged chestnut and the railings would be cast-iron.

It would be a south-facing home with bold canna lilies lining the front, succulents and a rock garden in the southwest, trailing white poppies to the west, a moon garden to the northwest, blue hydrangeas to the north, an immaculate arbortoreum all along the east, and finally, a full-out lily garden in the southeast - comprised of all of the hundreds of lilies known to man. This is all for harmonious feng shui purposes of course. The courtyard would be full of vegetable, fruit, and various other plants. It would also have water features like a fountain and a waterfall/pond. Everyone could hear the sound of rushing water anytime they liked. Instead of being open-air, the courtyard would have a mural-like stained glass ceiling. Clear skylights would highlight the ceiling, so that we could see the stars at night.

The rooms would all be tall and lofty, most would have fireplaces with tile-rock-glass mixed-media mantles, and huge portal-like circle windows to the outside of the house. Rooms include: a library (duh), a fantastic master suite (with a antique brass bed, embroidered textiles, fur rugs, and an immaculate jacuzzi tub), a music studio with incredible acoustics for my husband, a art/sewing studio for myself, a state-of-the-art kitchen with plenty of [stone] counter space, a gorgeous dining room painted emerald with a glass chandelier and an antique walnut dining table. I suppose there'd have to be a couple of extra rooms for guests and future children. Each of these would be fantastically beautiful of course, and tailored to that person's needs.

View attachment 17953 View attachment 17954 f5fdb3a4d60be3e2cbcddc9627c80abf.jpg 40ad74f367f9eb9756e7822a2948dc88.jpg solartiles1.jpg

Reactions: just me
It'd be a town with buildings of older or charming and/or nostalgic architectural style...

Strangely, there wouldn't be too many crowds of people that could leave you feeling nervous...with everyone friendly and open to conversation but not too prying...

There would be a university nearby that was open to the public, farmer's market, lots of cafes, bookstores, tea shops, etc... There would be trees, flowers, nature that coexisted with the town

I'd have a cozy apartment (w/washer & dryer somewhere hidden and so not intrusively present), small kitchen and bedroom, moderate size room devoted to work, and moderate sized balcony where I could overlook the town but also have a good view of a natural landscape; there would be herbs growing on these balconies

Inside: books, journals, observatory instruments for curiosities, internet, music, tea, coffee, my own unique wardrobe... The place would be comfy, have candles/incense burning at night, present some naturalistic sentimental items. It'd be a little carefree and thereby messy or not overly organized (simplistic rather), but not cluttered

I retreat to places like this in my mind...or when I'm studying, I pretend this surrounds me...

Home is where the heart is. Anywhere I could be surrounded by people that really loved me. Of course, I'd need somewhere to sleep and such. And the wife's taste? It would need a view similar to this. But I would like to at least be here for awhile.

Last edited:
This is generally my kind of style
reeses-peanut-butter-cup-problems.jpg
The actual house itself wouldn't be large but there would be a secret door in the bookcase leading to a massive bunker complex, filled with libraries, a game room, and I've always wanted a pool table so there would be that somewhere as well. Hopefully built by a lake so that there could be a glass cigar lounge built into the complex so I could sip my scotch, smoke my pipe, and watch the fish swim about. (think like Bioshock, except not terrifying)

NoManpower.jpg
and without the skyscrapers in the background, obviously.

I've always wanted to live underground
NoManpower.jpg reeses-peanut-butter-cup-problems.jpg

I think the first think i'd do if I had a setup like this is just walk the underground passageways over and over- the second image really makes me want to be in there and just hear the echo of my footsteps.

Medium sized house, ideally 3 bedrooms so I can have 1 for a study and 1 for guests. Separate kitchen and living/dining rooms. Floors all on 1 level, no steps. I like timber floors. Everything is about comfort for me, I like to be comfortable, so I would have really good quality sofas. Space around the house to be away from neighbours, maybe even on a decent sized piece of land and have a micro farm. If there were enough land I would have 2 small cabins on the land and rent them as bed & breakfast to people visiting the area, so that my house would support itself.

I've thought about this more than is probably practically healthy.
Problem is, I keep changing what I want. I've pinned down a few core ideas that generally stay consistent though.

luxurious-style-floor-black-cushions.jpg

4ac754c4c409d9467bc5dd72aeef0f94--theatre-rooms-movie-theater-room-home.jpg

Sunroom.jpg

FE3PW0THR3EG1EK.MEDIUM.jpg

40e6861a152956e5ff56c0ef5c303a99.jpg

02ab6d94c3a256e0271e1f67b27b3ec2.jpg

Reactions: hush and Reason