[INFJ] - Define the meaning of Boundaries | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Define the meaning of Boundaries

Reactions: Wyote and Infjente
I get called a child by an INFJ, no big deal

I call an anonymous INFJ too sensitive, an entire message board erupts

Point proven

Reactions: Infjente
Dude you generalize INFJs left and right, and you wonder why we call you out on your attitude.

The whole MBTI system is a generalization

In the future, I can preface things with “in my experience there was a person who is an INFJ who had these characteristics that are oddly similarly enough to some other people who are also INFJs but not really of any other type that I can see”

Reactions: ClevelandINTP
If you're doing it and don't even realize it, that's worse unless you're like ten years old

Well, I don’t realize it. So you’re calling my behavior that of something you’d expect of ten year old. So yeah, you’re calling me a child in so many words

Own it

Well, I don’t realize it. So you’re calling my behavior that of something you’d expect of ten year old. So yeah, you’re calling me a child in so many words

Own it

Only if you're admitting your behavior.
Own it.

I get called a child by an INFJ, no big deal

I call an anonymous INFJ too sensitive, an entire message board erupts

Point proven
This is an interesting narrative.

I don't think the 'entire message board' 'erupted'... and I don't think the reaction you've received is anything to do with calling INFJs 'too sensitive'. INFJs are sensitive, everybody knows this, it's the way you've gone about saying it.

It's the whole faux-objectivity, 'your feelings are meaningless' schtick.

Hey I get you. I'm sometimes misunderstood on here when I take devil's advocate positions and expect people to dispassionately prove me wrong in the name of good faith debate (Te), but the INFJ tertiary Ti equates positions/arguments with some kind of deeply held belief or character flaw, so that's more problematic than I sometimes hope it will be.

The thing is, though, you can't hold that your 'INTPness' (or 'INTJness') makes you exempt from upsetting people simply because that's not how you work. That's just immature.

The whole MBTI system is a generalization

In the future, I can preface things with “in my experience there was a person who is an INFJ who had these characteristics that are oddly similarly enough to some other people who are also INFJs but not really of any other type that I can see”

Comparing your weird stigma against INFJs and a whole personality theory are completely off.

It’s childish and fucking ridiculous.

It’s like blaming the whole INTP type for the wrongdoings my INTP ex did, but I don’t do that shit because not every INTP is the same.

You’re trying to find justification for your actions and attitude, and when INFJs and other people from different types call you out on your shit, you turn it around and gaslight. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and realized that maybe you need to change your behavior?

Hey, I asked you instead of launching

Never forget my attempts to build understanding and mutual respect

I don't even know what you're talking about here.
You asked for clarification, I answered. Simple as that.

Comparing your weird stigma against INFJs and a whole personality theory are completely off.

It’s childish and fucking ridiculous.

It’s like blaming the whole INTP type for the wrongdoings my INTP ex did, but I don’t do that shit because not every INTP is the same.

You’re trying to find justification for your actions and attitude, and when INFJs and other people from different types call you out on your shit, you turn it around and gaslight. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and realized that maybe you need to change your behavior?

Yo, I’m not trying to blame INFJs for anything and I’m not looking for justification

Sorry about your experiences with your ex

If I were looking for justification, the last place I would look is an INFJ forum