Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
I fear the death of the thought is soon coming, people have stopped seeking answers and have started to demand them.

Come let us think deep thoughts before the art of thought falls asleep.

I'd say the art of thinking dies and is reborn in each generation.

A society which cannot cope with doubt and ambiguity is a society without a future.

Thoughts are as endless as life and death. Ideas come and ideas go, they also die only to be reborn once again.

Death was my first true love in this life.
Death comforts me and holds me in it's arms when I am in sadness.
When it is my time Death shall come and we will hold hands as we walk together.

death_gaiman.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie
i think thought only exists in a select few ...

I disagree. Thought in exists in even the simplest of things, your judgement does not change the fact that something else thought.

Reactions: enfp can be shy
Meh, you'll all die when I die, that's the real death of thought.
I thunk you all up!

Reactions: enfp can be shy
What is truly scary is what politicians and society will demand to do with the technologies and knowledge cognitive science is producing. There is a thread floating around that they injected flies with a pattern that made it "learn" to avoid a certain smell.

We already have simple neuron to computer interfaces. The death of thought is when "thought restricters" can be implanted "for a more secure society."

Science in the hands of a fanatical public that misunderstands it is truly scary.

The best things that ever happened to me came from not thinking. Thinking, pondering and analysing just don't work for me.

What is truly scary is what politicians and society will demand to do with the technologies and knowledge cognitive science is producing. There is a thread floating around that they injected flies with a pattern that made it "learn" to avoid a certain smell.

We already have simple neuron to computer interfaces. The death of thought is when "thought restricters" can be implanted "for a more secure society."

Science in the hands of a fanatical public that misunderstands it is truly scary.

yap yap :( :( :(

i wanna die too.

I feel you on this one :) It's sad living in an age where Philosophy is viewed by most as a useless waste of time.

what weirds me out is that after icouldn't find the philosophy section(don't believe they had one, I miss my old B.A.M), is that from there on the way back to my car my mind jumped why can't i find book to logic be dead

I don't believe physical thought restriction is ever going to happen, because it is too obviously wrong. Orwell cannot really happen for the same reason.

Thought won't really die, but it may be outperformed on too many areas, and not anymore of existential importance. Would that comfort make human thinking more lazy than it has been before? On average, probably not, at least not that fast.

About "wires" in our brains, the positive idea would be to enhance the brain, but I personally don't want it. I prefer to die as natural, stupid man. They may turn it into an advertising industry, and through peer pressure to make it "modern" and "cool" so that you would be an outcast if you don't extend your brain - just like you would be now without a cell phone. Then I guess I'd be an outcast.

I had also noticed this. Even with myself. When I was an adolescent I constantly was thinking and reading about live, philosophy, relgion. How is the world put together etc. But since I'm working, it is not incouraged any more to think deeper than what lies in front of us. No one around me seems to think about live.

It feels like I'm falling asleep more and more each day...

Reactions: bamf
If you remember, during the Generation x's reign on this earth it was once thought that life as we knew it was doomed, for the world would be full of grunge rock, bad hair, and curt cobain...You can see we have progressed through that, and have bred another generation...The Now Generation, The entitlement generation...

They want everything now, they cant wait, they are entitled to it just for being born...its up to all of us, as adults, role models, parents, teachers, and the like...to stear this generation back to a realistic line. They must work for their answers, their food, and their cars...so stop buying your Now Generation kids cars, toys, phones, ect...stop doing their work for them... and relearn tough love...You want a car...fine. theres a wendys down the street you can walk to and earn enough money for a car.

I had also noticed this. Even with myself. When I was an adolescent I constantly was thinking and reading about live, philosophy, relgion. How is the world put together etc. But since I'm working, it is not incouraged any more to think deeper than what lies in front of us. No one around me seems to think about live.

It feels like I'm falling asleep more and more each day...
How horribly depressing but your metaphor usage is great

If you remember, during the Generation x's reign on this earth it was once thought that life as we knew it was doomed, for the world would be full of grunge rock, bad hair, and curt cobain...You can see we have progressed through that, and have bred another generation...The Now Generation, The entitlement generation...

They want everything now, they cant wait, they are entitled to it just for being born...its up to all of us, as adults, role models, parents, teachers, and the like...to stear this generation back to a realistic line. They must work for their answers, their food, and their cars...so stop buying your Now Generation kids cars, toys, phones, ect...stop doing their work for them... and relearn tough love...You want a car...fine. theres a wendys down the street you can walk to and earn enough money for a car.

They, they, they, there is no they, yuck!