Dear God Dexter is sexy... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Dear God Dexter is sexy...

Ok, I just watched the promo. I don't think I'd be able to watch it. Hannibal Lecter is probably the only fictional psychopath I can tolerate. lol

When did u turn ENTJ?!

She's been ENTJ for over a month now. You just missed it. She's subtle like that. ;)

I like certain crime dramas, but I don't like crime for crime's sake. I need characters to drive the plot, and I need characters I can be sympathetic to. My speed is more like Monk, Psych, the Closer...and occasionally CSI (the first one) if it doesn't get too graphic.

I doubt I'd like Dexter.

I *do* like "Breaking Bad" though; perhaps because that character began with so many strikes against him and he turns into a monster, after losing everything that makes sense to him.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I *do* like "Breaking Bad" though; perhaps because that character began with so many strikes against him and he turns into a monster, after losing everything that makes sense to him.

That is an amazing show. I want the next season now!

I personally enjoy the show and the character. I can't say I find him particularly attractive (then again I can't say that about anyone), however I can say I find his character development fascinating and tragic. He makes the show enjoyable for me, even though I strongly dislike other crime shows.

Richard Ramirez and Ted Bundy had a lot of groupies.

Methinks this belongs in the random thread...
And a whole bunch of Germans followed Hitler too.

I absolutely adore this show! ...the man is a sexy beast, but I cant say that I love what he does...but, he is doing what he was born to do while still making the world a better place.

I am watching the current season...which I think is 6...and man...what a ride.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I absolutely adore this show! ...the man is a sexy beast, but I cant say that I love what he does...but, he is doing what he was born to do while still making the world a better place.

I am watching the current season...which I think is 6...and man...what a ride.

Season 5, actually.

Dexter is alright.
Not my favorite show, but it's great.
And he's no INTJ.

I'll hazard ISTJ. For the fact that he is a creature of habit through and through and thrives on the consistency and the meticulousness of his work. Everything is planned out and follows that plan so far as he can predict, which is almost completely. He has loyalties and steadfastly guards them when he can.

I will say I've been out of the loop for two seasons so I'm not sure how well this adds up now.

Typing Dexter could go either INTJ or ISTJ, depending on what source you choose to focus on. Other typology forums that have discussed the issue believe the TV show Dexter is an ISTJ and the book Dexter is an INTJ. Having seen both the TV show and read the books, I can concur with their theories.

Typing Dexter could go either INTJ or ISTJ, depending on what source you choose to focus on. Other typology forums that have discussed the issue believe the TV show Dexter is an ISTJ and the book Dexter is an INTJ. Having seen both the TV show and read the books, I can concur with their theories.

There's a book Dexter? Sheesh. I'm mad now, because Dexter gets a book but Firefly doesn't... (end rant lolz).

But to be fair: I'd think the show is canon and the books are apocryphal, so he'd probably be an ISTJ, if he's typeable at all.

I'll hazard ISTJ. For the fact that he is a creature of habit through and through and thrives on the consistency and the meticulousness of his work. Everything is planned out and follows that plan so far as he can predict, which is almost completely. He has loyalties and steadfastly guards them when he can.

I will say I've been out of the loop for two seasons so I'm not sure how well this adds up now.

Thats very very true... I think. He just has his loyalties very oddly placed, like he may be loyal to Rita but not his sister. (Not really, just an example). And then he can just disregard the loyalties like swiftly if he feels the need to. Which I've just not noticed in ISTJs irl. I guess everyone is different.

There's a book Dexter? Sheesh. I'm mad now, because Dexter gets a book but Firefly doesn't... (end rant lolz).

But to be fair: I'd think the show is canon and the books are apocryphal, so he'd probably be an ISTJ, if he's typeable at all.

The only flaw in your reasoning is that the books came before the show. So the books got a show, not the other way around. But the thing is, the show deviates from the book's storyline after book/season 1 of each respective series. The characters aren't all that similar anymore, at least in the way the book/show portrays him.

As to the Firefly comment... I bet there's a lot of Firefly fanfiction :D

As in sexy hot guy or sexy hot serial killer? Hmm. I can't get past the character to find the guy attractive, that's just me.

The only flaw in your reasoning is that the books came before the show. So the books got a show, not the other way around. But the thing is, the show deviates from the book's storyline after book/season 1 of each respective series. The characters aren't all that similar anymore, at least in the way the book/show portrays him.

As to the Firefly comment... I bet there's a lot of Firefly fanfiction :D

Ah, I see! I naturally assumed the show came first. I didn't realize the books existed first. And yes, once something deviates from the norm, then you can take the characters in different directions and be faithful to either medium.

Firefly fanfic ain't the same. :( I've read enough of it (and written enough). I want books I can buy, to keep it alive. :p

There are also official Firefly comic books.

*Whines* It's not the saaaame. Besides, I read 'em. They lose the spark. Although to be fair I haven't read the one about Book yet. Sadly, I hear I'm not missing much there either.