Dear God Dexter is sexy... | INFJ Forum

Dear God Dexter is sexy...

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
I admit it. I have a genuine attraction to psychopaths. Oh, I don't want to sleep with one but I do find them amazing to spend any amount of time around. I have a friend with a fridge full of human colons taken from medical cadavers.

I realize Dexter from the television show doesn't really follow the patterns of actual psychopathic personalities but he is extremely hot.

Ultimately there is a distinct difference between recognizing you have an attraction to these people and can pick them out of a crowd if only for the hungry eyes and wanting to involve yourself with them. I avoid deep involvement if possible although for some reason these persons seem to unburden themselves to me.

I've only reported one of them for criminal charges to be brought as most psychopaths are not what you'd call 'social' people. Gregarious, yes, but social...no. Their internal worlds are too full of violence for them to relate to most people.

I am a bit curious as to if anyone has any experiences with psychopaths and what those included.

I try not to be judgemental but ewww.

Okay the only thing I can say about this topic is that this guy pulled up to the convenience store I worked at one time and I swear to god his aura made me physically ill. I will always believe that he was an evil person and suspected it was like serial killer evil. The truck had a camper with tinfoil on the windows. I had to stare out the window because looking at him made me sick and studied his vehicle. I made my co-worker wait on him because I couldn't bear to interact with him.

No, not attracted at all the evil people. I trust my Ni to tell me when to leave certain people alone and not interact with them.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I find the guy that plays Dexter so creepy I've had trouble watching the show. I know that's the point, he's supposed to be creepy but....ughh...he gives me the shivers.
It's supposed to be a really good show so I do intend to get over my creeped-out-ness and watch it one of these days.
But I don't find him sexy at all.

I find the guy that plays Dexter so creepy I've had trouble watching the show. I know that's the point, he's supposed to be creepy but....ughh...he gives me the shivers.
It's supposed to be a really good show so I do intend to get over my creeped-out-ness and watch it one of these days.

I LOVE MY DEXTER. INTJS ARE SO HOT.

Except when they're arrogant. It's like "wat."

Love that show, I'm on the fourth season.

I find him physically attractive. I am also a fan of his social disconnect and mannerisms. However, I am not a huge fan of his blood lust. *shrugs* Not attractive. I have a morbid sense of curiosity and I love the macabre which is why I love the show, but that side of Dexter is not attractive.

I LOVE MY DEXTER. INTJS ARE SO HOT.

Except when they're arrogant. It's like "wat."

Love that show, I'm on the fourth season.
Dexter is ISTJ

Jesus Christ, it's a fucking TV show. You just associated certain mannerisms (played by his character) with the actual person which may or may not be associated with being a fucked up serial killer. You're just filling in the blanks with a pen provided by the media and common generalizations you will probably never question.

The show is not real, and serial killers are rare.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, it's a fucking TV show. You just associated certain mannerisms (played by his character) with the actual person which may or may not be associated with being a fucked up serial killer. You're just filling in the blanks with a pen provided by the media and common generalizations you will probably never question.

The show is not real, and serial killers are rare.

Be nice.

It's really hard for some people to dissociate emotionally from what they see from what they know is true. For me this is hard for me, and why I avoid most series and television shows. I have never watched dexter, and I likely never will for the purposes of I don't want to become stressed out from watching it.

Be nice.

It's really hard for some people to dissociate emotionally from what they see from what they know is true. For me this is hard for me, and why I avoid most series and television shows. I have never watched dexter, and I likely never will for the purposes of I don't want to become stressed out from watching it.

Doesn't Ni see what's fake?

Doesn't Ni see what's fake?

Just because someone sees something, does not mean they will feel what they "should" feel.

Plus, y'know. We like to immerse ourselves in stuff we love. Dexter's not my thing...but ask me about Star Trek, Eureka, or Firefly. :D

Reactions: DevilDoll
Plus, y'know. We like to immerse ourselves in stuff we love. Dexter's not my thing...but ask me about Star Trek, Eureka, or Firefly. :D

Very true. And Fe can come up at the worst possible times. And its something that be switched off even if we wanted too.

Michael C. Hall is sexy, the Dexter character is not, not to me at least. As for the psychopaths I wouldn't know, I don't know any personally, and from what I have seen from various documentaries about ones, they were ugly and had that certain creepy aura about them, at least on photos.

As for the tv show, I didn't liked it at first, i tend to get emotionally involved, and him talking about killing animals in the first few episodes kind of put me off, though I watched the rest later on. I watch it from time to time now, but that is hardly one of my favourite shows.

Be nice.

It's a really great show. (My opinion of course) being an ENFP (or maybe just being me...) I can't stand the sight of unneccsary blood. However, his code of only killing serial killers is quite appealing. I love the suspense, and the witty writing of the writers, along with just... everyone.

About the killings: (Just incase you're iffy about watching the show, I hope to sway you...)

They happen not every episode, but typically close to every episode, they never jump out at you; so if you're squeamish there's plenty of warning. However, the only actual blood you see is when he scrapes each persons cheek with a scapel to rpduce a small bit of blood for his slide. (He keeps a trophy of a slide of blood for each kill) He then tells the killer about how wrong they were, and how basically they deserve what they are getting. I personally skip all the murder scenes, but what happens is you hear a saw blade for like.... a few seconds and a bunch of screaming, then it fades out. However you never actually see any of that gory of stuff, and its easy to skip.

I mean really, despite all the blood you may think thats in here, except for when he draws a bit from their cheeks there is very little.

Idk, I mean they have the first two seasons on NEtflix instant play, I HIGHLY recommend it. It takes a bit to speed up, and his ESTJ sister bugs the crap out of me. (And thats why o_q I say he's not an ISTJ. They're not alike.) Actually, I think she may be an ESFJ, only because she is always pissed off that her brother doesn't want to connect with her. Idk. I'm not good at typing people. But Dexter always gave my Ne a Mastermind or scientist type of.. type.

Go watch it! :m026:

It's a really great show. (My opinion of course) being an ENFP (or maybe just being me...) I can't stand the sight of unneccsary blood. However, his code of only killing serial killers is quite appealing. I love the suspense, and the witty writing of the writers, along with just... everyone.

About the killings: (Just incase you're iffy about watching the show, I hope to sway you...)

They happen not every episode, but typically close to every episode, they never jump out at you; so if you're squeamish there's plenty of warning. However, the only actual blood you see is when he scrapes each persons cheek with a scapel to rpduce a small bit of blood for his slide. (He keeps a trophy of a slide of blood for each kill) He then tells the killer about how wrong they were, and how basically they deserve what they are getting. I personally skip all the murder scenes, but what happens is you hear a saw blade for like.... a few seconds and a bunch of screaming, then it fades out. However you never actually see any of that gory of stuff, and its easy to skip.

I mean really, despite all the blood you may think thats in here, except for when he draws a bit from their cheeks.

Idk, I mean they have the first two seasons on NEtflix instant play, I HIGHLY recommend it. It takes a bit to speed up, and his ESTJ sister bugs the crap out of me. (And thats why o_q I say he's not an ISTJ. They're not alike.) Actually, I think she may be an ESFJ, only because she is always pissed off that her brother doesn't want to connect with her. Idk. I'm not good at typing people. But Dexter always gave my Ne a Mastermind or scientist type of.. type.

I'm not squeamish, not in the least. That has never bothered me in television, movies, plays, etc. ever since I was very young. It really just doesn't get to me. What gets to me is emotionality. Even if that isn't an issue within this tv show the premise doesn't appeal to me even in the slightest. I don't find crime based entertainment appealing, never have, never will.

Go watch it! :m026:

no.

But kitty monkey will be sad :( :m026:

Psychopaths intrigue me. My favorite would be Hannibal Lecter. I am so intrigued by his psyche that I want to dissect his brain and take a look inside. On the condition they remain fictional. :D

Other than that, no I do not find them attractive at all in any possible way. I wouldn't want to befriend one, nor be around them. If I ran into one, I'd probably stay out of their way, and play invisible.

I'm not squeamish, not in the least. That has never bothered me in television, movies, plays, etc. ever since I was very young. It really just doesn't get to me. What gets to me is emotionality. Even if that isn't an issue within this tv show the premise doesn't appeal to me even in the slightest. I don't find crime based entertainment appealing, never have, never will.

Yea I find people with Ne/Te (or both) tend to be more intrigued by crime dramas then people without. Like all my friends who have Ti think they're a waste, and I'm fascinated by them.