Cuddle Party? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Cuddle Party?

I have also been to a few cuddle parties. They were hosted by a close friend, though, and there weren't any random strangers there. A few close friends, some acquaintances. They were a lot of fun and very relaxing. We took turns cuddling so everyone cuddled with everyone. It was just like hugging a friend, you know, while in pjs and laying down.

One was also outdoors, near a particular beach that has campgrounds. It was lovely. Wine, soft music, pillows and blankets on the sand, under the stars listening to the waves breaking with the gentle breeze off the ocean. I would absolutely do it again. [MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION] It must be a crazy West Coast thing, heh.

Sure there were boners, but it was all just cuddles between friends. At one of them, I cuddled my guy friend who is 100% gay, and even he got a boner when we were spooning. "Well, that's not awkward at all," he said, laughing about his boner resting on my bum. And, by the way, I was felt up way more by the gay men there, lol. But mostly, the entire experience wasn't sexual at all. I can see how that could be used as an alternative pain therapy. So many endorphins. It did reach a point for me, though, where it was like, "Ok, enough cuddling, can't we just hold hands instead?" :tongue1: Sometimes physical touch is almost an intrusion of sorts if I don't know the person well, so I don't think I'd participate in one with perfect strangers. But, I would so cuddle you guys. :D

But...

05192e9b7faaa65785343ecd14b0427ce5b094-wm.jpg

Reactions: Misadventure
Toga! Toga!

4:1 is my dream ratio of men to women.

seriously, I'm with [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION] ... I would sign up in an instant.

I've been trying to start a cuddle party where I am for ages...but people always assume it's a front for an orgy.

Hmmm... I wonder why....

I dont get this. The closest I have come to a cuddle partay is throwing a 16 lbs medicine ball around with friends. And when I say throwing I dont mean tossing.

Last edited:
I dont get this. The closest I have come to a cuddle part is throwing a 16 lbs medicine ball around with friends. And when I say throwing I dont mean tossing.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] Awww, I think someone is in dire need of a cuddle...
5318a0d00d073e736cabddf90971f2f59b41f0b7e72919a1f2582f9e0a0eae21.jpg

76ef49ed928873f5ca26dd9b8a378773e61896ef823e92d0785d369eaf97cb67.jpg

Reactions: Misadventure
Your mouth is telling me no, but your body... your body is telling me yeah.

I don't see nothing wroooong...with a little cuddle par-taay.

BymejGZ.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Personally would never participate in such a thing. Cuddling is too intimate even for friends and acquaintances, much less strangers and the idea creeps and grosses me out.

im a bit like Peppermint, i couldnt do this. im too private about my body. i rarely like to be touched. the full body hugs that some people give make me want to be sick. i can give great hugs if im in the mood, but im usually not. i can hug family or close friends, but i usually dont enjoy it much. acquaintances, even very good acquaintances, never. some people sometimes express a clear inclination to force me into a hug with them, this causes me great consternation, i have to explain that not everyone likes to be hugged, and that im sorry but please do not hug me. people who insist on hugging their colleagues in their workplace disgust me, it is so unprofessional. hugging strangers would not be a good experience for me, i wouldnt feel respected.

Last edited:
Reactions: cvp12gh5
Something about this thread just tickles me. :3

Even the word "cuddles" itself sounds adorable.

Like others I tend to be kinda private, but I could suddenly go for a cuddle...

Reactions: Free and rawr
Question is, what's the real intent? Is it people who do not want anything intimate but simply want affection? Is it the need for emotional connection through physical closeness without the complications of sex? Or is one way to deal with a fear of emotional attachment, by only satisfying the need for physical affection without the intensity of sexual intimacy? What do you ultimately get out of it? Do you think it's going to adequately meet a need or is it merely a substitute for something else?

I'm single right now, and this seems like a good way to meet my need for affection. No, it won't replace having an emotional connection with someone. It's not meant to. For that, I'm dating, but it takes time to find the right woman. After I find a new relationship, I don't intend to continue going to cuddle parties.

cuddle party? as long as it's safe i think you should try it, it might end up being a lot of fun. when i was in school we did things like this as part of my psych class, we also had 'color therapy' , art therapy, laughing groups (you literally had to fake laugh for x amount of minutes until your biorhythms changed), lots more I can't remember. it was interesting for sure.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think it will be quite an experience. :)

Ok, I've actually been to one. Lol. Crazy Seattle people. :p

It was strange new-agey-hippy stuff to 'transcend to a greater plane through touch...and getting really really stoned'. Men outnumbered the women probably 4:1, and most of them didn't want to cuddle with each other. Although some did. It seemed that a majority wanted to hook up after. The few that were there taking it seriously were there for alternative pain therapy, to release those endorphins. (They were also the best cuddlers) The rest that were there wanted to meet people to 'cuddle' with, alone and naked. Some even escaped to 'cuddle' elsewhere. I would totally do it again if it weren't about or led to sex. Just cuddles. So many boners, which, ok, natural response to spooning so I don't knock em for that. I just stuck to cuddling women though, lol. There was this woman who had to be upwards of 300lbs, BEST CUDDLES EVER.

The cuddle party I'm planning to attend is strictly drug and alcohol free. Yes, people with some extra padding are much more fun to cuddle! That's why I prefer a girlfriend with a few extra pounds. Women with some curves just turn me on a lot more, too. ;)

Reactions: Gaze