Cuddle Party? | INFJ Forum

Cuddle Party?

Subbalteatus

Community Member
Jul 15, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I'm thinking of attending a cuddle party. Does anyone here have any experience with this? If not, would you try it or what do you think of it? I think it sounds awesome! :)

Please, explain more about what a "cuddle party" involves? Sounds supicious!

Reactions: Scientia
Please, explain more about what a "cuddle party" involves? Sounds supicious!

A group of people, who don't usually know each other, meet up to share structured affection with one another. It's non-sexual. You wear pajamas. There's a trained facilitator, and you only share touch with someone by mutual verbal agreement beforehand. You can say no if there's someone you don't want to cuddle with. It's a way to enjoy affection and have your need for physical touch satisfied through a safe channel.

this seems slightly terrifying.

Question is, what's the real intent? Is it people who do not want anything intimate but simply want affection? Is it the need for emotional connection through physical closeness without the complications of sex? Or is one way to deal with a fear of emotional attachment, by only satisfying the need for physical affection without the intensity of sexual intimacy? What do you ultimately get out of it? Do you think it's going to adequately meet a need or is it merely a substitute for something else?

cuddle party? as long as it's safe i think you should try it, it might end up being a lot of fun. when i was in school we did things like this as part of my psych class, we also had 'color therapy' , art therapy, laughing groups (you literally had to fake laugh for x amount of minutes until your biorhythms changed), lots more I can't remember. it was interesting for sure.

Question is, what's the real intent? Is it people who do not want anything intimate but simply want affection? Is it the need for emotional connection through physical closeness without the complications of sex? Or is one way to deal with a fear of emotional attachment, but only satisfying the need for physical affection with the intensity of sexual intimacy? What do you ultimately get out of it? Do you think it's going to adequately meet a need or is it merely a substitute for something else?

I think there's a little of all that depending on the individual.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this per se.

Who gets to spoon who?
I cannot think of anything I would go out of my way to avoid more. Unless of course it consisted only of Victoria Secret models

I want this job just so I can say things like, "Hey! You with the erection! This is NON-sexual cuddling!"

I am going to chuckle about this all day.

yeah and make him wear a giant mickey mouse outfit next time ;P

I think there's a little of all that depending on the individual.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this per se.

yeah, since the OP was questioning it, I meant them as questions he could ask himself to figure out whether it was worthwhile. Personally, I couldn't do it, but that's just me.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
An introvert excited about cuddling with strangers...? I agree with Superlative and second the skepticism.