Crushes, love them or hate them? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Crushes, love them or hate them?

I suspect my crush has a crush on me. That makes it even weirder.

^ always does. In some it's easier unrequited, less drama. Stupid f-feeling things, stupid reality :rant:

I loathe crushes. The unrequited bit just kills me.

I have to agree here. Crushes suck if they last longer than... oh... a week. Within that time they're ok because they provide the necessary push to get you to do something about it. If you don't act on it, then let it die. Long term (longer than a week) are a sign of an unhealthy attachment issue.

Also, in such cases, the mental idea of the person you're crushing on may begin to fall out of line with who the person is.

Moral of the story: If you feel a crush, act on it in whatever way is natural/advantageous to you, or let it die.

Also, you cannot crush on a fictitious character. :mno: That's just having romantic daydreams that can lead to disappointment when you're confronted with real life.

I detest crushes---which is why, I don't have them. They don't make sense at all. But if I crush on someone with reason, good reason, it's ok.

Well I haver really had crushes, kinda male of me;),I always was either with then person I wanted, or just shook it off. But then I fell in love with my husband, and it seems I am not interested anyone one else, except movie stars-that look like him. Weird, uh?

I have a crush on the actor Ben Barnes... :m163:
Damn you, why do you have to be so smexy?!

I've had one true crush, and I ended up following through with asking him. Fortunately he already knew and we dated after that.

'Course it ended crazy, but that's beside the point.:m179:

I have a crush on a girl I haven't seen or spoken to in three years.

I guess since we're on the topic of crushes a good question is what type of person does an INFJ gravitate/infatuate towards since we're so picky anyway as to whom we are close with, which is few....

Let's see, there are a couple type of crushes for me. #1. The long term crush #2. The short lived crush

My crushes aren't really based on physical attraction because I can think someone is cute but never think of them in romantic way. Mostly I base them on intellect and similar point of views. I have crushes on peoples brains, if you will.

Now the first type of crush will last years on years on years. I've only had one like this and he currently goes to my school. I'd never talk to him, but I still am hopelessly in love =/

The second kind is the more common for me; I have a guy friend who shares my common interests, we get along well and I have a brain crush, though I don't ever move out of crush mode because it is so much easier to just be friends. I actually like to dream about crushes more than I like to start something up with them because in my head things are much better =)
&& plus too it's always fun to look back on the past 'crush relationships' I've had and compare them. In a weird way it feels like our brains have dated >.< Wow, I am out of my mind I think.

I find myself having crushes a lot too. What is it about they that makes the whole sensation so enjoyable? I really like having them because they make me feel more normal, you know? I feel like I'm alive, as trite as that sounds. But I tend to think more about the crush than actually pursuing anything.