Could you be an Introverted Feeling Type (Fi dom / I_FP)? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Could you be an Introverted Feeling Type (Fi dom / I_FP)?

Here is a short and concise definition I would give of Fi:

Fi is how a person weighs new information gained by a perception function, based on a subjective model of personal values. Fi will react to inputted information through a process of

With no offense to anyone here but the way it was described seems somehow inferior to me. Maybe it just proves that I am a Fe user or maybe that Fi is something else. For it reminds me of childish behavior - one who shines her own responsibility away and just reacts. It would be hard to be around such a person because I would never know which of her internal values I can accidentally step on and then she would just shut down and become hostile out of sudden.

From my own perspective - I do go through the initial "resonation" phase when processing input but I've learned not to base my decisions entirely on that. For example if I detect inconsistency between what is being said and what is being done then I would investigate further. Maybe that person acts erratically because she's in distress? Or maybe my initial assessment was wrong? Come to think of it I would rather trust my own thinking about a person (Ti) than my feelings (Fi). It's also very important to check the direction of the internal moral compass with other people. Otherwise one can end up chasing windmills.

with no offense to you but ... apparently you have no clue about what Fi is all about! Maybe you could investigate what it is about before starting judging other types of showing inferiour childish behavior (listen to yourself, who is the judger here?). Judging about something you don't know anything about is a childish behavior in my opinion. You just focus yourself on one description and then state that you wouldn't want to be around such a person while in fact you are absolutely wrong in your judgements and have no clue, totaly no clue about what you are talking about. You are completely right that you trust on your Ti rather than on your Fi because you don't have Fi

Fi is for me the best way to make decissions. It focusses on the welbeing of everyone involved unbiased by desires, manipulations and half truths. To me it goes back to the deepest truths/source of nature and helps me to see that what is right and not that what is expected.

Last edited:
With no offense to anyone here but the way it was described seems somehow inferior to me. Maybe it just proves that I am a Fe user or maybe that Fi is something else. For it reminds me of childish behavior - one who shines her own responsibility away and just reacts. It would be hard to be around such a person because I would never know which of her internal values I can accidentally step on and then she would just shut down and become hostile out of sudden.

Fi, negatively speaking, can be selfish and chidlish. Fe, negatively speaking, can be accommodating and spineless.

From my own perspective - I do go through the initial "resonation" phase when processing input but I've learned not to base my decisions entirely on that. For example if I detect inconsistency between what is being said and what is being done then I would investigate further. Maybe that person acts erratically because she's in distress? Or maybe my initial assessment was wrong? Come to think of it I would rather trust my own thinking about a person (Ti) than my feelings (Fi). It's also very important to check the direction of the internal moral compass with other people. Otherwise one can end up chasing windmills.

I think you use Ni/Fe for that instead of Ti. Ti could be used to discern a difference in a person, but Fi isn't about other people typically at all. Fi drives at authenticity, in relationships, in the self, and in others. A person with Fi would be utterly responsible, respectful, and dedicated not because society wants him/her to be, but because that's what the person him/herself expects of her/himself.

It's actually quite interesting, I note that many INFPs find Fe to be fake and manipulative while XNFJs find INFPs and other high fi users selfish and childish.

with no offense to you but ... apparently you have no clue about what Fi is all about! Maybe you could investigate what it is about before starting judging other types of showing inferiour childish behavior (listen to yourself, who is the judger here?). Judging about something you don't know anything about is a childish behavior in my opinion. You just focus yourself on one description and then state that you wouldn't want to be around such a person while in fact you are absolutely wrong in your judgments and have no clue, totaly no clue about what you are talking about. You are completely right that you trust on your Ti rather than on your Fi because you don't have Fi

Fi is for me the best way to make decissions. It focusses on the welbeing of everyone involved unbiased by desires, manipulations and half truths. To me it goes back to the deepest truths/source of nature and helps me to see that what is right and not that what is expected.

huh? I've noticed a description from Adymus which I thought a bit questionable, later I've noticed that you also associated with it - that's why I've added "no offense" to my statement because I was speaking about the described stereotype and not about any person in particular. I do understand that you're much more than a vague description and there should be more to it. My intent was "I say how I see it" then "you say how you see it" and then "we both learn from the experience" because neither of us owns the truth. And yes, I do admit that my view of Fi might be distorted and incorrect. Partly from my misunderstanding and partly from my immature judgment of the matter.

ow but I said how I see it, I find your view judgemental and prejudice. It is easy to say "no offense" and then brake down a MBTI type based on prejudice arguments and say you wouldn't want to be around a person like that while you perfectly know that I highly associate with it.

one who shines her own responsibility away and just reacts

since I concider myself an Fi dominant and you clearly know that, is this how you see me then? And could you elaborate on it?

since I concider myself an Fi dominant and you clearly know that, is this how you see me then? And could you elaborate on it?

By all means no. And for a variety of reasons:
1) The fact that I know some (possibly incorrect) assumptions about Fi does not mean that I know you.
2) I have no way to verify if your association with Fi is actually true.
3) I do not know much about Fi in general.

It's normal for people that use different functions to get a sense of superiority over the other, because you're projecting your own inferior use of the function onto others.

The truth as to why Fi and Fe can look down on each other is that we are on completely different playing fields playing a completely different game.

It's normal for people that use different functions to get a sense of superiority over the other, because you're projecting your own inferior use of the function onto others.

The truth as to why Fi and Fe can look down on each other is that we are on completely different playing fields playing a completely different game.
I think in this case there is just a huge misunderstanding for what it is that Fi is and does.

Fi and Fe are on two playing fields, true, but they essentially speak the same values based language, they are not conflicting functions. On the contrary, the two functions call out to each other and can inspire the other to grow.

Last edited:
/scratches head I think.....we all have Fi. :| Some stronger than the other, but we all have Fi. In layman's terms, it'd be 'moral foundations'. (Fe would be 'moral obligations')

That being said, I kinda have a strong Fi.....but now I'm developing Fe. :p (former INFP here)

From my limited knowledge, I think most Introverted functions work inside and is somewhat responsive in nature (even when the manifestation of it is expressive in nature)

We technically all have Fi, but we don't all have conscious control over it.
Fi is not simply "moral foundations", it is serves a purpose in the psyche to be a values-based form of judgment based on personal criteria. Very much like my our Ti is serving the purpose of being a Logic-based form of judgment based on personal criteria.
The cognitive functions are all apart of a structured apparatus, they are not just randomly placed.

For a person to be able to actually have a functioning psyche, it is necessary for a us to have both an objective/Universal form of judgment (Fe/Te), a subjective/Personal form of judgment (Ti/Fi), as well as the opposing Value based Judgment (Fi/Fe) and Logic based Judgment (Te/Ti). With that said, it is actually not necessary that we have conscious control over all 4, because even with just Ti and Fe, or Fi and Te, we still get Universal, Personal, Values-based, and logic-Based forms of judgment.

Last edited:
Here are some traits:

-'Still waters run deep'

My waters aren't particularly still ... and when they are, I'd say they run broad. "Deep" isn't really a word I would apply to myself in any way. I don't have the attention-span for it.

-Mostly silent, inaccessible, and hard to understand

I can be all of these things, depending on my mood. +1 for Fi!

-Can wear a childish mask

I'm pretty immature. +2 for Fi!

-Reserved

Nah.

-Private about their motives

Nah. Unless there's some reason I need to be ... but nah ... I prefer being open about these things.

-outward demeanour is harmonious and inconspicuous

Nah.

-Not inclined to lead, follow or try and impress others

I don't like leading or following either ... one's a pain in the butt and the other makes me feel like a sheep. But, when I'm able, impressing people is awesome!

:m168:

-Harmonious as long as they are free to be themselves

Dunno. I'm always free to be myself.

-Can be outwardly cold/indifferent

Depends on my mood.

-Generally unenthusiastic

hahahahahahahahahaha ... um ... NO.

-Responds to strong emotions with coldness

Nah.

-Not inclined to express feelings

I don't usually like doing this. +3 for Fi!

-Intensive feelings rather than extensive, can be very kind in some instances without regard for appropriateness/manners etc.

I'm kind without regard to manners/appropriateness. But, again, I don't think my feelings are intensive ... they're pretty simple. Um ... + 3 1/2 for Fi! (?)

-Feel sympathy without taking action

Nah. I like to help if I can.

-Can feel misunderstood

Doesn't everybody sometimes? I don't walk around thinking about this, but I am frequently misunderstood ... not because I feel that way but because I actually am. But this is about feelings, so no point for you. Boo-yah, criterion.

-Under stress can be paranoid about "what others are thinking"

Nah. It's usually easy to tell what people are thinking. Whether I respond to it the way I'm supposed to, however, depends on the situation, my mood, a butterfly flapping its wings.

-Idealistic: continually seeking an image which has no existence in reality, but of which it has had a sort of previous vision.

*blink* ... on to the last question.

-Expresses itself best through art/writing but can struggle to find the right medium

Yes! I have 4 1/2 Fi points now. Does that make me an IxFP? Should I buy a harp?

ADD: I just realized it said "childish mask." My childishness isn't a mask ... it's just what I'm like. Either I have no masks at all or I have so many of them that the issue becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:
-'Still waters run deep'
-Reserved
-Intensive feelings rather than extensive, can be very kind in some instances without regard for appropriateness/manners etc.
-Can feel misunderstood
-Idealistic: continually seeking an image which has no existence in reality, but of which it has had a sort of previous vision.
-Expresses itself best through art/writing but can struggle to find the right medium

I bolded the ones relevant to me. Honestly it seems too vague. INFJs can appear to do many of these things and not because of Fi. I don't like leading and I'm reserved because I'm scared what people think of me. I don't really relate to the childish stuff, well if you mean silly, I was under the impression that INFJ are much more uptight than INFP, so we wouldn't be like this particularly. I suppose my idealism is rather childlike in it's delusionality lol!

Last edited:
-'Still waters run deep' In my case, more like still waters seem to run deep but really aren't.
-Mostly silent, inaccessible, and hard to understand More like silent, intimidating, and strange.
-Can wear a childish mask It's not a mask :p.
-Reserved This is the definition of introversion.
-Private about their motives I don't like scheming. I want you to know my motives so you can help me.
-outward demeanour is harmonious and inconspicuous People say I affect them like Valium.
-Not inclined to lead, follow or try and impress others I'm sure I do all three depending on what I want to do.
-Harmonious as long as they are free to be themselves Harmonious as long as I'm free to think for myself.
-Can be outwardly cold/indifferent Saying 'hi' isn't warm enough for you?
-Generally unenthusiastic I don't think this applies to Fi users.
-Responds to strong emotions with coldness I respond to strong emotions by looking like a deer in the headlights.
-Not inclined to express feelings I express feelings when I have them every few years :p.
-Intensive feelings rather than extensive, can be very kind in some instances without regard for appropriateness/manners etc. I'll take kindness when I can get it. I'm not picky.
-Feel sympathy without taking action Sometimes that's a good thing. I appear to have "sucker" written on my forehead.
-Can feel misunderstood Are there people who feel that everybody understands them? I would like to meet them so I can totally misunderstand them.
-Under stress can be paranoid about "what others are thinking" I can be paranoid about what others are feeling. I know what they're thinking.
-Idealistic: continually seeking an image which has no existence in reality, but of which it has had a sort of previous vision. Sort of like General Relativity?
-Expresses itself best through art/writing but can struggle to find the right medium I'm a large :p.

Reactions: NeverAmI
Here are some traits:

-'Still waters run deep'
-Reserved
-Can feel misunderstood

http://psychclassics.asu.edu/Jung/types.htm

Everything that I've highlighted in bold sounds about right. It's been discussed that either Ni and Fe are one of my dominants (indeed, there have been several heated debates as to what order they present themselves in where my character is concerned). It's quite possible I've mistaken Fe for Fi, but I know for certain that I'm more Ni than Ne. So therein lies the problem. If I'm Ni in either one of my dominants, where would the Fi fit in?

Last edited:
Here are some traits:

-'Still waters run deep'
-Reserved
-Private about their motives - What motives?
-Can feel misunderstood

http://psychclassics.asu.edu/Jung/types.htm

I relate to a lot of them, many seem to be a general introversion aspect. A lot of them seem general.

I can be idealistic but not in comparison to some people I know!

-Mostly silent, inaccessible, and hard to understand More like silent, intimidating, and strange.
-Can wear a childish mask It's not a mask :p.
-Reserved This is the definition of introversion.
-Private about their motives I don't like scheming. I want you to know my motives so you can help me.
-Not inclined to lead, follow or try and impress others I'm sure I do all three depending on what I want to do.
-Responds to strong emotions with coldness I respond to strong emotions by looking like a deer in the headlights.
-Intensive feelings rather than extensive, can be very kind in some instances without regard for appropriateness/manners etc. I'll take kindness when I can get it. I'm not picky.
-Feel sympathy without taking action Sometimes that's a good thing. I appear to have "sucker" written on my forehead.
-Can feel misunderstood Are there people who feel that everybody understands them? I would like to meet them so I can totally misunderstand them.
-Under stress can be paranoid about "what others are thinking" I can be paranoid about what others are feeling. I know what they're thinking.
-Idealistic: continually seeking an image which has no existence in reality, but of which it has had a sort of previous vision. Sort of like General Relativity?

Lol, yea.