[INFJ] - Melancholic or Phlegmatic? The five temperaments! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Melancholic or Phlegmatic? The five temperaments!

Can you exactly explain what you are trying to say here? I feel like I'm loosing my time with your ambiguities! So make your point clear!

At what am I thinking too hard?

What is the statement you're talking about?

What is this exactly mean in the context of the melancholic temperament?

I didn't realize you had so much trouble grasping the concept.

You see, most people, regardless of their individual personality traits, are outgoing/emotive when in a good mood, and withdrawn/depressed when in a bad mood. It is not a dynamic of human personality that is unique to "the melancholic temperament" or INFJs.

I didn't realize you had so much trouble grasping the concept.

You see, most people, regardless of their individual personality traits, are outgoing/emotive when in a good mood, and withdrawn/depressed when in a bad mood. It is not a dynamic of human personality that is unique to "the melancholic temperament" or INFJs.
Very interesting "concept".
By this concept, introverts, since most of them are withdrawn, are in a bad mood? They are born in a bad mood?
And those who are outgoing (extroverts or introverts), are emotive?

I want to add-up at this thread on some "traits" which I don't agree, or which I don't see them as any good in the melancholic temperament, to avoid any misunderstandings with regard to this thread. So, by the making of this thread, I do not encourage any of the followings:

-sensitivity: bad. If we're talking about artistic sensitivity, or anything that reffers to a gentle and good sensitivity toward any knowledge or any matter, a intellectual sensitivity, its good. But if we're talking about emotional sensitivity, emotionally squishy, think skinned, being easily hurt, that kind of sensitivity, I don't agree with it and I don't encourage it by this thread. I don't even think is sensitivity, probably someone named it so in a derogatory sense once in the past (I think is a excesive pride)

-pessimism: bad of course; it has nothing to do with temperament, so one would greatly benefit if he manages to destroy that mindset;

-self-deprecation: which is a kind of false humility;

-suspiciousness, holding grudge, thinking bad about people: another "trait" which brings nothing good;

-laziness, avoiding work: laziness leads to depression; even a ESTJ or a ENTJ becomes depressed if he's not working on something; this is a fact;

I took this test too before I came across the MB's one. Got Melancholic, then Phlegmatic, but I could've almost guessed it since that's the word to describe my mood most often.