Condoms | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Condoms

I agree with the churches position here. It's Church law that the girl has sinned, as have all those who helped the abortion take place.
Excommunication is a valid response to that.

The thing is however; "who cares?". A person makes a choice, a person lives with the repercussions of that choice. In this instance it's excommunication from a religion that doesn't want you. She's not being imprisoned, just shut off from the magic sky daddy as the catholic church interprets it. They had every right to do it.

Every private club (as defined by myself as being "a group of people or entities not run and organised by the government for the purpose of all"), has the right to choose its members and exclude those it chooses to exclude.

Flavus Aquila has a point. Sure, I think the prohibition of birth control is dumb, but that's part of Catholicism, and I also think a lot of Catholicism is dumb. Catholicism also prohibits extramarital sex, and if people adhered to that rule, then the lack of condom use wouldn't be problematic disease-wise (just population-wise). Blaming the prohibition of birth control for the spread of AIDS is looking at it backwards, because those who would be harmed by not using condoms are usually not following the pope's rules in the first place, making this "conflict" largely nonexistent.

Reactions: the
No, they want to pretend they're catholics so they obey all the superficial rules that give them a better time.

And honestly, doesn't sex feel better without a condom?

Every private club (as defined by myself as being "a group of people or entities not run and organised by the government for the purpose of all"), has the right to choose its members and exclude those it chooses to exclude.

I wasn't saying I disagree with the Catholic Church's decision to excommunicate the doctors and mother. I'm happy to hear of more people who will no longer be influenced by teleological doctrine spouted forth by that silly bureaucracy. I would be utterly thrilled if the Church took just has hard a stance on every action they decree as sin, because then their membership would be wiped out in a few short years.

I'm simply saying that when the Church is unyielding in its doctrine, even when a young girl's life is in danger, that they are no longer about helping people and have lost their purpose entirely.

No, they want to pretend they're catholics so they obey all the superficial rules that give them a better time.

And should the pope change the rules to accommodate those who only want to pretend to be Catholics? It's not like he is the government. He's a religious leader, and if people don't like his rules, they can renounce the religion.

....oh my good gravy...

Seriously are we still in the damned dark ages...

i will admit to not knowing much about Catholicism because I live in mormonville and if they could get away with as many stupid effed up banns they would...

"every sperm is sacred" yay god!

eff that

....oh my good gravy...

Seriously are we still in the damned dark ages...

i will admit to not knowing much about Catholicism because I live in mormonville and if they could get away with as many stupid effed up banns they would...

"every sperm is sacred" yay god!

eff that

You don't know the half of it. Girls who got pregnant at my Catholic high school were expelled unless the baby daddy married her. Then they allowed her back into the school. Yeeeaaaaah...

You don't know the half of it. Girls who got pregnant at my Catholic high school were expelled unless the baby daddy married her. Then they allowed her back into the school. Yeeeaaaaah...

holy merciful CRAP! well i guess the Mormons do that too...they try to force you to go to an alternative school. And usually succeed! Then they are divorced before they are 17! WOOO HOO family morals and again Yay god...PFFTTTTT!

And should the pope change the rules to accommodate those who only want to pretend to be Catholics? It's not like he is the government. He's a religious leader, and if people don't like his rules, they can renounce the religion.

No. I agree with what Satya said. Excommunicate all sinners so they no longer have a membership base to get their monthly dues from, and can start spending their own money.

This is why i dislike religion -- they are determined to keep mankind in the dark ages and damn proud of it. If there was such thing as evil this would be it.

Flavus Aquila has a point.Sure, I think the prohibition of birth control is dumb, but that's part of Catholicism, and I also think a lot of Catholicism is dumb. Catholicism also prohibits extramarital sex, and if people adhered to that rule, then the lack of condom use wouldn't be problematic disease-wise (just population-wise). Blaming the prohibition of birth control for the spread of AIDS is looking at it backwards, because those who would be harmed by not using condoms are usually not following the pope's rules in the first place, making this "conflict" largely nonexistent.

Yes, the belief system doesn't need to change and evolve. It needs to die in a fucking fire.

Last edited:
Why would a Roman Catholic need a condom? They aren't supposed to have sex unless it is with their spouse anyway. They aren't supposed to inhibit pregnancy either except for abstaining from sex altogether. If their spouse has AIDS then they are probably supposed to abstain. If they don't then they die probably within a close time frame and are probably better off anyway according to their religion.

Unless wearing a condom somehow stops the new pregnancy from having AIDS I don't see the problem.

BTW, are children born with AIDS or HIV?

PS

Shit most Roman Catholics dont listen anyways, so who cares what the pope says?

Yup. If the mother has it, she can pass it on to her kids.

Which one? I am rusty on this. Also isn't it spread primarily through breast feeding? I kind of recall the "barrier" (placenta?) stopping it but again, I'm not sure. Maybe I should just go read a book.

Which one? I am rusty on this. Also isn't it spread primarily through breast feeding? I kind of recall the "barrier" (placenta?) stopping it but again, I'm not sure. Maybe I should just go read a book.

Infants are exposed to HIV while traveling through the birth canal.

Drug cocktails have actually been highly successful at treating newborns who have been exposed to HIV.

When it comes to something resulting in the harm of others, I won't do that, for example someone who goes beating people up. This is no exception.

why dont you want to understand someone?

To be honest I think this is a mean to keep catholics "clean", to be the better 'specie' by forcing them to not have casual sex (as they may get infected). Its horrendous! Also isnt religion supposed to emphasise ethics? Ha, what an excellent way to do so...

To be honest I think this is a mean to keep catholics "clean", to be the better 'specie' by forcing them to not have casual sex (as they may get infected). Its horrendous! Also isnt religion supposed to emphasise ethics? Ha, what an excellent way to do so...

What do you mean?

Well isnt religion supposed to emphasise the morally right for humanity, looking out for their best that is. Instead, it seems hypocritical to lead health care against HIV and yet ban condoms. So this leads to more infections if one participates, so perhaps it is a mean to keep catholics conservative, preventing casual sex.

I agree that the catholic church should be more proactive in STOPPING the spread of aids...but its just not in their testimonies, and covenants...I only have one huge religion to compare to so forgive me

Mormons (alot of them) drink hot drinks and caffeinated beverages when it clearly states its a sin to do so...They only follow those rules that suit them best...They are not excommunicated for it...If your going to join a religion you are either all or nothing...you don't take the doctrines you feel safe about and to hell with the rest...Its hypocrisy ALL religions are!

On top of that...their "living prophets" can change the doctrines to suit themselves as well

ANd with regard to the use of condoms and all pro choice practices...Church should have no damn say in it! Here the church successfully banned domestic partnerships just because the measures were directed supposedly to help gays...They passed liquor laws that are absolutely ridiculous! They passed a law saying that all restaurants that serve alcohol have to build a 10 foot wall around the bar so kids cant "SEE" the alcohol being served...They have also successfully passed a "PRO life" bill as well trying to make all abortions illegal unless medically necessary. Im sorry if I got raped and resulted in pregnancy I want to know I have the option to abort the pregnancy! Really! This really pisses me off Religion belongs in the private sector NOT the political! UGH

Im gonna not come back here for a while because Im just getting angry!

Last edited: