Condoms | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Condoms

I would just like to point out (from what I remember), HIV is mostly being spread by women because their husbands are selling them as prostitutes. So... its not like they were being moral by the catholic standards in the first place, so whats to say their going to listen to this statement now? silly church.

Don't worry, there's no aids in heaven.

Mormons (alot of them) drink hot drinks and caffeinated beverages when it clearly states its a sin to do so...They only follow those rules that suit them best...They are not excommunicated for it...If your going to join a religion you are either all or nothing...you don't take the doctrines you feel safe about and to hell with the rest...Its hypocrisy ALL religions are!

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :| Restricted caffeine intake in RELIGION and sinful?!? I mean is this a joke? So much for me once thinking highly of mormon beliefs (the -together in eternity- idea attracted me)...

Well isnt religion supposed to emphasise the morally right for humanity, looking out for their best that is. Instead, it seems hypocritical to lead health care against HIV and yet ban condoms. So this leads to more infections if one participates, so perhaps it is a mean to keep catholics conservative, preventing casual sex.

If you are saying that it would be redundant to wear condoms and be abstinate/ only have sex with your wife. Then I agree.

The part I bolded is already thier teaching on the subject.

If you are saying that it would be redundant to wear condoms and be abstinate/ only have sex with your wife. Then I agree.

The part I bolded is already thier teaching on the subject.

Haha I'm sorry I'm was not clear enough. I think its horrible, talk about being pushed to an oppression by religion and yes it is redundant.

Haha I'm sorry I'm was not clear enough. I think its horrible, talk about being pushed to an oppression by religion and yes it is redundant.

I take it you find this oppressive? :p

I agree, condoms isn't the problem in africa, it's rape, drugs and casual sex. that's the problem with HIV the world over.

If people stopped those, they'd never* get aids.

*drastically reduce their chances.

I agree, condoms isn't the problem in africa, it's rape, drugs and casual sex. that's the problem with HIV the world over.

If people stopped those, they'd never* get aids.

*drastically reduce their chances.

YEa thats the main problem but banning condoms is not exactly helping...

I take it you find this oppressive? :p

Well yes if I was a catholic living in Africa, I would feel opressed.

People might be forgetting the second half of the Catholic Church's stance when it comes to HIV in Africa...

Abstinence only education.

No condoms and no safer sex education could be quite the recipe for disaster.

a) Condoms are only banned for catholics and others who share the belief. The only people who it's stopping are the rape victims. And Rapists don't wear condoms.

b) So just stop being a catholic. It'd be your choice to be oppressed.

YEa thats the main problem but banning condoms is not exactly helping...

Well yes if I was a catholic living in Africa, I would feel opressed.

Why? If you dont like the rules you are free to leave. I doubt the inquisition will get you.

why dont you want to understand someone?

It is a personal flaw of mine. I have rediculously strong opinions. But when someone elses opinion grates agients mine very strongly, I won't look at the other side, because I will never understand it even if I try.

Slowly we get closer and closer to overpopulation.

If I'm alive to see it, I'll laugh the day when food is scarce in 1st world countries.

As for banning condoms, I don't see the problem with it. So what? The people who have sex know the consequences, and if they don't than who's fault is that? It's all just choices. If you want to have sex, just do it. The results of that are yours to own.

I think it's funny that we get so worried about things like this, or contemplate them, when the only thing that keeps us alive at the end of the day is a series of colored lights at the end of a road.

Occasionally you CAN understand opinions that are diametrically opposed to yours. They're stupid.

If you ban condoms I have a serious problem with it. What if I want to use them for my own personal saftey?

make your own?

Get a plaster mould of your penis, make it a little smaller, make the latex covering, and voila, your own personalised condom.

There is a solution to every problem.

At least, there should be.

If you can't find a soultion to a problem then find something to blame it on.

God, Astrology, Psychology, Science, Yourself, Government etc.

Anything, really.