Cognitive Processes | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.1)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.3)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
Yeah... Odd. But not that odd. I'm a total hippie.

But there is this:
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP
I guess it is pretty good...

Last edited:
I'm all over the daggum map...

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.5)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.7)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.8)
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.5)
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.8)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.8)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.7)

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

Not exactly accurate: ENFP?

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.3)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use

Can't really say it's the test's fault - as I child I forced myself to be ASTJ, so I never come out "true" on any test. I've ranked as pretty much every MB type, depending on mood.

EDIT: ASTJ -> A for Ambivert

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) ******** (8.7)
unusedintroverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24)
limited useextraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.3)
average useintroverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.8)
excellent useextraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
average useintroverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.9)
average useextraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.3)
excellent useintroverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************** (17.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.9)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.1)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ESFP

Very interesting! I've been looking for a test that measured the cognitive functions. Seems pretty close to me, especially considering my 50% I/E and 50% J/P on most tests. My Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se are all above my Ne, Fi, Te, and Si. Looks like my 'shadow' is an ENFP, hehe. Imagine that. Jung, Beebe, and the rest of them seem to be right again. *wink*

Last edited:
Not exactly accurate: ENFP?

The test questions seem to lean more toward extraverted wording. They lean toward how the subject interacts with the world more than how they interact with themselves. This may be causing the lean toward E functions. It might indicate that you're actually INFP, though. Fi, Ne are stronger in your result than Ni, Fe. Then again, it's just a quiz to get us in the ballpark. It would need more questions and more clarity to be truly accurate, but I would love to take such a test.

-> A for Ambivert

Ambivert! I like that! I may have to borrow it.

I like their description for INFJ, as well as their description of ENFJ. They're both really close for me.

ANFJ? Hehe.

Last edited:
Hay!! This is the test that was rude to me the other day! Bearing in mind it rejected me before, I answered "Mostly me" to several questions I could have more accurately answered "Exactly me".

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.9)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process

Introverted Sensing (Si):
Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe):
Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

So I think I'm closest to INTJ (based on type descriptions), and Lurker suggested ENTJ (because I remind her of her brother). Now come these test results:

Se ... 22.1 (limited use)
Si .... 23.9 (limited use)
Ne ... 37.4 (excellent use)
Ni .... 24 (limited use)
Te ... 44.3 (excellent use)
Ti .... 51.4 (excellent use)
Fe ... 8.6 (unused)
Fi .... 28.1 (average use)
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP or ISTP

So that makes me Ti-Te-Ne-Fi-Ni-Si-Se-Fe according to this test, compared with the Ti-Te-Ni-Ne-Si-Fi-Se-Fe result that I got on the other version.

I too am broken. :loco:

You know what's weird though? I followed the link they gave to ISFJ, and it also fits me. Does this mean I'm an IN/SFJ? Can I have a longer MBTI type, like the one Lurker has, with shrugs and stuff in the middle?

I like feeling I have helped someone with a concern, helping them figure out, deal with, and resolve the problem, knowing that what I recommended or advised really did help that person. I am fairly quiet with an easygoing attitude and am modest to some extent. I do not mind being alone, although I do like to be with people too. I like having friends, and family is the most important thing in my life. I am a reluctant leader–I like to have some say in things and I am glad I am doing it, but if things go well with someone else as leader, then that doesn’t bother me. Privacy is important, though it’s nice to be thought of well by others. I like to have some independence; to be able to come and go as I please is nice.
I am dependable and conscientious. I have a big sense of obligation with work. Doing a good job is really important to me. Give me specifics and a plan on how you want me to do it. Brainstorming is generally harder–it’s a skill to acquire. I prefer to work by myself without distractions because I like things done a certain way. It’s taken me a while to learn that my work is much better quality when I’m drawing from those who see things differently. They help keep up my enthusiasm. And I get upset when work backs up–and it probably takes me longer than most people to do something because I am so thorough. But when I have learned a lot about what I do, I think I get the job done much faster and I can make difficult work look easy. I cannot stand people not doing their best job. I do what I say I’m going to do and stick with it until it’s done. And I can find myself overcommitted. It’s important to me to be able to say “Okay, this is enough responsibility for now, I don’t have to climb that ladder at any cost.”
Organization has always been a real strength. I do it all internally, in my head. I am fairly detail oriented and a very structured person. I have to have things in a certain place, with a plan and things prioritized, so I can leave things and pick up the next day where I left off. Being structured is a natural thing with me, to want to have things set.

I'm pretty sure you can enter a longer type. If not, let me know, and I'll fix that.

Nahhh... it looks so untidy :becky:

But thanks for the offer!

Here are my results:

Se ... 25.2 (average use)
Si .... 25 (average use)
Ne ... 31.1 (good use)
Ni .... 43.4 (excellent use)
Te ... 17.8 (limited use)
Ti .... 29.1 (average use)
Fe ... 40.6 (excellent use)
Fi .... 28.2 (average use)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ or ISFJ.

I am seriously worried. I don't understand why my introverted thinking reapers to be 'unused' and very low on every single test I have ever taken. Because as I have read different descriptions of it, it seems as if I have more of it than what is resulted on the tests. Could this be due to missunderstanding of certain questions or WORSE: HOW can I improve my introverted thinking?

extraverted Sensing (31.2) good use
introverted Sensing (17.5 limited use
extraverted Intuiting (43.3) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (45.9) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (24.5) average use
introverted Thinking (8.6) unused
extraverted Feeling (47.9) excellent use
introverted Feeling (45.9) excellent use

I am seriously worried. I don't understand why my introverted thinking reapers to be 'unused' and very low on every single test I have ever taken. Because as I have read different descriptions of it, it seems as if I have more of it than what is resulted on the tests. Could this be due to missunderstanding of certain questions or WORSE: HOW can I improve my introverted thinking?

introverted Thinking (8.6) unused
Relax, it's no worse than my Fe. You have average use for your Te, and the two mix a lot.

Relax, it's no worse than my Fe. You have average use for your Te, and the two mix a lot.

Luckily haha! :)
Although somehow I associate Thinking with intellectual ability and smartness. (Not intelligence because that comes in different forms e.g musical intelligence etc.)
Furthermore I don't think I am stupid but rather the opposite haha and to me a too low T would indicate mental retardation. (don't jump me if you disagree haha , be nice ^^ )

Last edited:
More likely just poor self-awareness/evaluation.

I suppose if you want to put a label on it, maybe...