Cognitive Processes | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

Pristine girl, remember that both F and T functions are "rational" functions, meaning they are used for decision-making, and can both be part of intellectual identity. Now if you had little or no T or F and only had developed N and S functions, that might be a problem.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.1)
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.8)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.3)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.5)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.9)
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.3)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.4)
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.1)

But mental retardation is intellectual dissability, and if the T function is 0 wouldnt that propose retardation?

Oh bless your soul.

You are mistaken though.

A low preference for T just means you don't utilise what potential you have for thinking, however large it may be. F and T functions are no indication of how emotional or academic a person is. Besides there is Emotional Intelligence as well. :wink:

Oh bless your soul.

You are mistaken though.

A low preference for T just means you don't utilise what potential you have for thinking, however large it may be. F and T functions are no indication of how emotional or academic a person is. Besides there is Emotional Intelligence as well. :wink:

Aah classic :) Thanks, it makes me happier to hear ^^ I'm sure there must be emotional intelligence, because somehow I have something certain T's around me don't have, I have the passion. Therefore I still do well. Although I am looking to develope my T function =)

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.4)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.5)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.8)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.5)
unused

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************** (14.2)
unused

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************************** (53)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.
The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Improviser; then Theorist; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

hmmm...

Last edited:
Aah classic :) Thanks, it makes me happier to hear ^^ I'm sure there must be emotional intelligence, because somehow I have something certain T's around me don't have, I have the passion. Therefore I still do well. Although I am looking to develope my T function =)

Indeed. What use is high aptitude for anything when you don't have the passion to use it or improve upon it. I'm not sure if passion can be attributed by EI, but your undeniable charm can. :panda:

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (21.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (29.7)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************** (17.7)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (21.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (32.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (21.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************************* (54.4)
excellent use

INFP

Other suggestions: ENFP, ISFP.

I have an ambitious Ti it seems. I think that could be explained by my supremo science geekiness. :nerd:

Indeed. What use is high aptitude for anything when you don't have the passion to use it or improve upon it. I'm not sure if passion can be attributed by EI, but your undeniable charm can. :panda:

Haha how sweet of you ^^ I wonder why my T is so low though because I really like math and psychology and I am good at those. Hence, when it comes to e.g Biology,, both labs and theory, I am an epic fail. Luckily I have a great memory and can memorize what I need to know easily, hence without really understanding it.

Haha how sweet of you ^^ I wonder why my T is so low though because I really like math and psychology and I am good at those. Hence, when it comes to e.g Biology,, both labs and theory, I am an epic fail. Luckily I have a great memory and can memorize what I need to know easily, hence without really understanding it.

You're probably just not giving yourself enough credit, or you didn't think enough about the statements to realise that they are more true than you think (how ironic haha). Try taking the test a month or so from now.

I think Si is related to memory in some way. I'm not sure. I had the same approach in Economics though. I didn't understand a single bit of it, but as long as I memorised everything I could cheat the system.

Last edited:
You're probably just not giving yourself enough credit, or you didn't think enough about the statements to realise that they are more true than you think (how ironic haha). Try taking the test a month or so from now.

I think Si is related to memory in some way. I'm not sure. I had the same approach in Economics though. I didn't understand a single bit of it, but as long as I memorised everything I could cheat the system.

HAHAHA I DO THE SAME with economics too, it's just a bunch of diagrams that don't say a thing haha. You have me smiling haha because I am actually studying economics as we speak *sigh* xD The memory is an advantage actually, I once heard it is called a photographic memory although I'm not sure which memory would be the correct one. Maybe we have well developed Si in that case ? :)

Maybe Si is connected to memory. That might be why I have such difficulty remembering dates, names, errands, etc.

Although I do have a slight photographic memory and I can remember certain facts very easily, so maybe Ni might be connected to that to-- it would make sense if they were both connected to memory but made it easier to memorize certain things.

I believe there is some truth to what you say Gloomy. Although I would even like to propose that Fi and Ni together make a good memory. Because in my case when I feel good about something and am passionate and motivated then my memory works wonders.

if both my introverted and extraverted thinking are very low, does that mean I don't think much?

if both my introverted and extraverted thinking are very low, does that mean I don't think much?

No it does not mean that you don't think, because every human thinks more or less.

It means that you are not so capable of analyzing (Ti) nor being logical (Te).

Side note: the question still remains, is a person mentally retarded if they have an extremely low T functions or none?

No it does not mean that you don't think, because every human thinks more or less.

It means that you are not so capable of analyzing (Ti) nor being logical (Te).

Side note: the question still remains, is a person mentally retarded if they have an extremely low T functions or none?

that's odd though, because i like analyzing, a lot...maybe i use my feelings more than logic when i analyze :m075: my thinking functions are very low acc. to this test but i've always been a top student, so i don't know...

EDIT: maybe i should add that when it comes to memorizing something, its hard for me to do unless i can relate to it personally.

Last edited:
that's odd though, because i like analyzing, a lot...maybe i use my feelings more than logic when i analyze :m075: my thinking functions are very low acc. to this test but i've always been a top student, so i don't know...

EDIT: maybe i should add that when it comes to memorizing something, its hard for me to do unless i can relate to it personally.

I know what you mean, for me when I feel for something or can relate to it, then I will be able to analyze brilliantly and memorize it easily ^^
My T functions are extremely low, as well. And as with you, I can analyze amazingly if there is a theme or something that clicks with me.
With logic, it is different because there emotions don't really fit in to the context. It is somewhat blank with emotions and I seem to use my S function when trying to unravel logic, focusing on what is and try to twist and turn with it.

Keep in mind that most MBTI tests ask questions about your general decision-making and interests, and do not indicate how good your decisions are. If you want to find out how good your thinking skills are, try an IQ test. You might judge almost everything in your life using Fi and/or Fe, but obviously you are not going to use your empathizing skills to solve a quadratic.

Keep in mind that most MBTI tests ask questions about your general decision-making and interests, and do not indicate how good your decisions are. If you want to find out how good your thinking skills are, try an IQ test. You might judge almost everything in your life using Fi and/or Fe, but obviously you are not going to use your empathizing skills to solve a quadratic.

Haha thats what I don't understand though, because I score high at iq tests and I am very good at math. Also I can analyze as well, Still my T functions are low.

Although maybe I need to understand the questions on the T section better or something?

Haha thats what I don't understand though, because I score high at iq tests and I am very good at math. Also I can analyze as well, Still my T functions are low.

Although maybe I need to understand the questions on the T section better or something?

I think your math skills are more basic than the cognitive functions we talk about. Functions have little to do with intelligence. MBTI is not a perfect or complete tool for describing brain function, and there are some things that are not well covered by the eight functions.
S functions (mainly Si) are helpful for fundamental math like algebra, because that is little more than remembering what to do with certain types of equations, and then being intelligent enough to multiply, divide, add and subtract, which is pretty universal. N functions are better for understanding why the operations work, and for formulating new mathematical theorums. The downside is that N types are more likely to miss steps and screw up the problems due to overthinking.
In short, your T functions, as Jung defined them, don't have much to do with math. That might be why I see more F types who are skilled at math than F types who are skilled at objective analysis.

I think your math skills are more basic than the cognitive functions we talk about. Functions have little to do with intelligence. MBTI is not a perfect or complete tool for describing brain function, and there are some things that are not well covered by the eight functions.
S functions (mainly Si) are helpful for fundamental math like algebra, because that is little more than remembering what to do with certain types of equations, and then being intelligent enough to multiply, divide, add and subtract, which is pretty universal. N functions are better for understanding why the operations work, and for formulating new mathematical theorums. The downside is that N types are more likely to miss steps and screw up the problems due to overthinking.
In short, your T functions, as Jung defined them, don't have much to do with math. That might be why I see more F types who are skilled at math than F types who are skilled at objective analysis.

AAAHHH I see it now I think. It has to do with objectiveness haha, then it actually makes sense. Scientifically I find it hard to be objective and matters such as politics. Yet for language literature analysis I can analyse objectively, but still connected with what I acknowledge and can connect to me. ^^

This made so much sense, thank you =) I feel that I finally understand it now. I wish I could be like you Mohican ^^