Classical Music! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Classical Music!

I'm not too much into orchestra arrangements, I prefer chamber music (especially Saxophone because I studied it privately for 8 years).

As far as actual classical composers go, I enjoy Shostakovich, Dvorak, and Bach.

Love it. Would love to hear some recommendations as I'm not well versed on classical pieces except for the most familiar including Mozart's "Moonlight Sonata," Beethoven's "Fur Elise", Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", etc. It can be so relaxing and uplifting. And quite transcendent in its effect on mood and feeling. It can take you through so many emotions in just a few minutes.

I'd love to hear and fall in love with little known pieces I've never heard before.

Here are a few based on the names some of you suggested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-MIDDfckw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAS1exdlqLM&feature=related

Last edited:
I really a problem with everything that is Baroque (also in classic art btw). Its way to pompous and focuses too much on technique instead of the music.
I wonder if you are thinking of performers today to specialize in this music. At the time of its creation there are plenty of examples of clear non-elitism. The most striking example is possibly Antonio Vivaldi who composed specifically for his orchestra of orphans.

wiki said:
In September 1703, Vivaldi became maestro di violino (master of violin) at an orphanage called the Pio Ospedale della Piet

Last edited:
My father directed men's choruses and glee clubs and I grew up listening to classical music (and classical radio on Saturday mornings meant the Met!). Even when my father and mother divorced I'd always listen to classical pieces. I like the more obscure composers nowadays (or soundtracks if we're doing modern), but I still like the old favorites like Vivaldi, Shostakovitch, Brahms, Beethoven, Bach, Rachmaninoff, Bartok...and I love opera. I always seem to associate operas with Spring (Verdi, Mozart, Rossini, Puccini, Delibes, Bizet, Berlioz...etc).

It's okay. Some classical music I like to listen to from time to time but not usually.

I love classical.. always lifts my mood. I love Claude Debussy and Chopin. Ave Maria by Mozart and some Strauss and Phillip Glass

Does anyone know the piano parts in this video? It repeats itself throughout the show
[youtube]AOw-AfylyYg[/youtube]

I'm a fan of all the cliched greats, but a fan of contemporary composers as well (i.e. Igor Stravinsky, Phillip Glass, Kryzysztof Penderecki)

And if 12th century hymns by Hildegard Von Bingen can be considered classical then I listen to them too. :)

Symphonic music (that includes classical) - the only music that matters. :)

It's just the most complex and developed, it has the most interesting patterns in harmony etc. Everything else is a simpler easier version of it.

Hard to say about periods or authors, I'll just mention again Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Dvorak, Grieg, Stravinsky, Gershwin, Glass, Nyman. Many others.

I've been introduced to it since birth. In recent years I don't really listen enough, I got influenced by all kinds of other music. But I realize they are all empty in comparison.

For some reason I tend to dislike Mozart. Sounds too shallow to me. It's a pity he never got to more mature ages, and was so spoilt during his youth. His requiem shows real depths, and he could have done much greater things later.

Last edited:
I could just die without classical music. PEOPLE who say that it is boring are just Closeminded and ignorant. Truly listening to it cannot be boring whatsoever!!! If they genuinely feel that way then oh my that reflects their appreciative capacity...
I myself love it :m054:

[YOUTUBE]O2AEaQJuKDY&[/YOUTUBE]

Paul Potts has been the only redeeming value of reality television lol.

Is this dude still present at all in the media in Britain? I love this guy, but haven't seen him in forever.
Wiki says he's been doing opera and stuff, he seems to be having a good life which makes me happy.

ALSO I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER SAW THIS WITH FREAKIN JAMES CORDEN