Brain Dysfunction? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Brain Dysfunction?

ShaiGar said:
I've got several comic Ideas... Mostly they're very serious stories, with slight comedic twists... I'm a terrible artist however, and I need someone to team up with.
Yeah, that's what we're doing; my sister, my best friend, and I are teaming up to try to open our own studio one day...I'm going to be the art director, my sister's going to work mostly in advertising and business deals, and my friend's going to work in handling finances. We all pitch in ideas, for the most part, and right now we have a comic in mind that will probably span at least 10 graphic novels, if we're successful in making it...The main problem is that we don't really know where to start in breaking into that field :/
So yeah; don't give up in looking for someone to draw it for you because teaming up is actually very beneficial for everyone in that sort of situation. It takes a lot of pressure off of the artist :B

ShaiGar said:
:( Was hoping you'd be innerested :( But okay.

I'm always interested :) I wasn't sure if you were asking or not, so I decided to skirt around a bit.
I can't guarantee anything because I'm already so busy with my current project, but I do like to hear ideas and wouldn't mind possibly giving it a shot if it seemed to click. Of course, you might have to stick it out a bit if that's a case (sometimes I take a long time to get things done), but before I decide anything I'll need to hear what you got.
So let's hear 'em!

Does anyone here have difficulty focussing on movies? I find I often get distracted by details like costumes or what's going on in the background or my mind will just wander off on a tangent. It's kind of embarassing to have to ask people "what's going on?!"

Does anyone here have difficulty focussing on movies? I find I often get distracted by details like costumes or what's going on in the background or my mind will just wander off on a tangent. It's kind of embarassing to have to ask people "what's going on?!"

I get bored with movies easily, sitting through an entire movie can be a difficult at times as my mind get’s distracted, not usually with things happening in the background of the movie though.

It frustrates my husband to no end. I will suddenly become aware that I've 'gone away' and ask him to rewind. Sometimes it's embarassing how far back he has to go for me to catch up.

Any flakes in here? Absent-mindedness, problems with simple tasks, accident-prone, forgetfulness, socially inappropriate behavior, blurting out the unexpected, uncontrolled irreverence, anyone?

*raises hand* Absent-minded, forgetful- especially with names and dates. It's kind of embarrassing to have to ask someone's name three or four times. I usually try to find another way to get their attention, with the result of me still not knowing anybody's name. Not as much socially inappropriate behavior nowadays, I did all that back in middle school and early high school and kept track of reactions.

Does no sense of direction qualify as one of these? Because I don't think I have one. Basically, if I can't see it I don't know where it is, no matter how many times I've been there. And I'll walk out of a room and have to re-orient myself.

I get bored with movies easily, sitting through an entire movie can be a difficult at times as my mind get’s distracted, not usually with things happening in the background of the movie though.

*laughs* You mean I'm not the only one who does this? Yes! :bounce: I have a rather bad habit of walking into or out of a movie/show halfway. It's one of the reasons I prefer to read things, rather than watch them. I've got no problem with asking what's happening, though, since I rarely watch movies with people I don't know. They get kind of annoyed at that, for some reason :meyes:

YES.

*everyone laughs*
me: *sigh* I missed it.
friend: you missed it? how could you miss that?
me: I was looking at a different part of the screen...

I'm not the only one!? ^^

I'm starting to get mocked by my friends now... "Are you following? Is it too hard to understand for you?"

It has nothing to do with if it's too hard to understand... I'm just figuring out what the end is gonna be. Or thinking of something else ... I need to watch film alone so i can repeat stuff ^^

Eh I forget things and get distracted easily (except when meditating. lol.) ooh look butterfly. *chases*

Well as far as true brain dysfunctions, I have epilepsy (Temperal lobe, simple partial seizures, complex partial now and then), but it isn't super bad. I should take medication for it but its infrequnt enough that I don't have to. ^_^'

I used to have a terrible compulsive lying problem when I was younger. That has since deminshed by alot. I had it because it was a badly over-compensated defense mecanism I formed because of poor emotional living conditions at my dads house.

Other then that, I have a tendancy to focus in on my own inner world or task at hand and completly zone out of everything else. This makes me SUPER jumpy. I will scream if someone knocks on my door and I am doing homework, haha :)

I also look like a loon when I am working in the lab. I always forget things, do things out of order, ect. and end up doubling back and redoing something, or compensating for something. So I look terribly confused (partly cause I babble to myself) and lost. I have seen a video of myself doing this, and its kind of funny actually. BUT, as I like to say, there are methods to my madness :D

Last edited:
Anyone here aware that Mr. Bean the comedian guy from the UK is an INFJ??? Well anyway here is a good story.

I was working one day in the seismic industry. My driller was drilling and i was approaching him with a "rhino atv", anyway we were drilling on a hill and it took me three tries to get the rhino to stay put it kept rolling back and i would run and stop it. My driller said "ITS LIKE WATCHING MR BEAN!!!!!"

Not too mention he says I have ADD hahahaha.

Rowan Atkinson rocks. I appreciated him a lot more in Blackadder though.

i have chronic anxiety...and panic disorder
i probably have ADHD, chronic stress, and i had some depression problems also...but i'm doing much better...almost done with the stupid depression, and my stress levels are going dooown...so i won't have that stupid problem no mores...

and i tend to forget peoples names after the first 5 minutes they tell me it.

Last edited:
  • My amygdala is probably dysfunctional and my norephinephrine is likely flushing trough my brain constantly: I almost always suffer from anxiety.
  • I probably have a dysfunction in my dopaminergic systems: undifferentiated schizophrenia. Also related to dopamine are my concentration problems (although it could be due to the anxiety as well which distracts me)
  • When my mood fluctuates, the energy levels consumed in my brain fall and rise with emotional switches.
  • I dissociate when I have been too emotionally hurt.
  • Histrionic personality dissorder
[Slightly melodramatic to assume that it is all pathological]

Last edited:
I'm more or less classic impulsive-hyperactive ADHD with mild autistic spectrum bits and pieces thrown in, just like everyone else in my family. My brother is classic ADHD, as was my mom, and my dad, I'm very sure, had Asperger's syndrome straight up.

I love being ADHD most of the time, and it's a family legacy I'm proud to carry on. I've moved some 50 or so times in my 27 years. I can't do one thing for more than 10 minutes without my brain eating itself alive.

And then on the Asperger's/ASD side of things, I was a weird kid with the toe-walking, obsessions (lots of them), odd posturing, OCD cleanliness, and bad motor skills. I guess those things can be chalked up to an ADHD brain, too.

I'm social and everything, I just have a hard time due to being impulsive. That's always been my problem. I was a class clown.

I'm really just an absent-minded professor. With slight ADD tendencies. :)

Hey, Emily, did you know that most people don't even try to remember a person's name? And that they're often surprised that they've forgotten it? Try repeating it to yourself a couple times, and intentionally use the new names a little - as soon as I started doing that I hardly ever forgot a name! :D

Any flakes in here? Absent-mindedness, problems with simple tasks, accident-prone, forgetfulness, socially inappropriate behavior, blurting out the unexpected, uncontrolled irreverence, anyone?

Irreverent, almost always, irl, with little or no brain-mouth editing. Here I tend to be more irelevant than ireverent. Before the brain injury I had a near-phographic memory, but since the stroke my short-term memory is pretty impaired; if something isn't in its appointed place, I can't find it

I've always been a little klutzy despite my athleticism, but since the stroke it's got worse; hence, the broken hip, shoulder and thumb.

If that's flakey, I guess I qualify.

Oh I didn't know that you went through a stroke as well. My 'step' grandfather had a brain stroke (who already has Dementia, ahlzeimers disease). No one thought that he would survive, but he did, although he is completely in his own world now even though he is alive :/ Nonetheless in USA :(

Oh, anica, that must have been terrible. Going from great memory to poor. Is it hard to cope? Or do you just view it as part of life now? I feel for you, but I'm curious too.

PristineGirl, that sucks about your step Grandfather. My great aunt had the same thing, and ... it was rough. In the end the only person she recognized was my dad... so sad.