Behavior Alone | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Behavior Alone

I don't see the relation between being alone and being really active/interesting.

I don't see the relation between being alone and being really active/interesting.

I don't actually either (nicely focused, Q).

I'm at my most serene and introspective when I'm alone, I think.

I'm at my most serene and introspective when I'm alone, I think.

Yeah me too, I'm at my most active/interesting when I'm trying to amuse someone else but that's just the _SFP in me I think.

Yeah me too, I'm at my most active/interesting when I'm trying to amuse someone else but that's just the _SFP in me I think.

Don't know if that's SFP, because I'm most physically and verbally animated when I'm in a group, or trying to entertain, too. I play a mean game of charades.

See, when I am alone, I don't ALWAYS act like a loon. Like everyone else I have my moods. I'm introspective and inward when I'm alone, but not at every single waking moment. And who is to say you can't be acting weird and being turned inward at the same time? I just am able to express myself much more freely, thus appearing animated. For example when I have some kind of apifinay, when other people are around, I silent react. But when I am alone I will usually jump up and be like "ah ha!" or something to that respect.

Perhaps the people in the basement had nothing to express or they express it in other ways rather than when alone in basements or maybe they were deep in thought? I don't see anything unusual about their behaviour.

I find life and most people very, very fast. I feel like I'm surrounded by spinning tops. Mostly I rise to the occasion and extravert myself in order to get along. But when I do get alone time I let all extraversion go and just let it all seep out and start recharging again. The last thing I want to do is bounce off walls and throw myself down corridors when I'm alone!
:m129:

You are in the minority. Most people I encounter don't act up when alone. They will complain and whine most oft. However, should one egg them on (That would be me) it is very easy to rile them up.

As for myself, I act up when bored. I will entertain myself damn it. I get worse if there is someone else in the vicinity.

Last edited:

The cards. THE CARDS.

Apparently my half siblings from my dad's first marriage put baby guinea pigs in an unplugged toaster. Just thought I'd mention. (they were fine)

Now I'm gonna have to find the recording where I'm reading a John Cage essay while friends of mine are making strange noises...

DO IT.

Again, everything else, I'm sure this sort of behavioural quirk doesn't have to do with personality type directly, but the underlying causes in the brain that govern such behaviours, and personality, anyway.

For instance, I no doubt have ADHD; for me, life is like experiencing a Festival of Holy Sh*t, a cacophony of thoughts on an almost manic level, whether I'm awake or asleep. That's just how I'm wired, and it probably does contribute to my personality, and MBTI, in the first place.

I have some wildly extraverted feeling, that's for sure. But my touchy, high-strung nervous system demands that I introvert away from stimuli, so I'm stuck in my inner world for life. Still, that incredible pool of hyperactive mental energy needs to be released, and since I have a social bent, that's where it tends to be directed. Thus, I am a nutcase. An INFruitcake.

Also, insecurity can never be overlooked. Never mind MBTI, many people are very self conscious in public, whether or not they appear to be alone or not. Some people are just a lot more confident, and express it more where ever they are. It's quite the mixed bag.

As for myself, I act up when bored. I will entertain myself damn it. I get worse if there is someone else in the vicinity.

Haha yea same here.

When we're around people, we tend to have all these social inhibitions and "filters" that are supposed to keep us "sane." When we feel alone, those inhibitions go out that window, making us act "crazy." Its perfectly natural to bounce off the walls when alone, if thats the kind of person you truely are. For me, I'm normally very quiet and shy. However, when alone, I sing like a bird:lalala: (excluding the fact that I'm a baritone, and will never hit those notes)!

I have observed recently that I laugh a lot when I am alone. Probably as much or almost as much as when I am around people.

I think I'd talk to myself a lot and maybe start singing. If I knew for sure no one would be in there I might even start dancing, if I were in a good mood. I think it all actually depends on my mood. If I'm feeling down I won't sing or anything, but if I am happy I'd probably be talking to myself and whatever. Maybe they're like that too, who knows.

But then again, if I knew that there were cameras I definitely wouldn't do anything :p

Last edited:
I think I'd talk to myself a lot and maybe start singing. If I knew for sure no one would be in there I might even start dancing, if I were in a good mood. I think it all actually depends on my mood. If I'm feeling down I won't sing or anything, but if I am happy I'd probably be talking to myself and whatever. Maybe they're like that too, who knows.

But then again, if I knew that there were cameras I definitely wouldn't do anything :p

Sounds a bit like what I'd do :D

When I am alone, I sing, draw, meditate, or day dream.