Attack on Titan | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Attack on Titan

I've read the manga and watched some episodes.

I gave up on it because I'm annoyed to still have no idea of the origin of Titans. That basement better be fricking awesome when they get to it. It had better be a massive underground cache packed to overflowing with an incomprehensible amount of win. It had better be, I tell you!

[video=youtube;MIkUAjpts6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIkUAjpts6A[/video]
When I watched this video, it really gave me insight that the "Book of Enoch" might be related to the origin of the Titans. It's quite interesting, give it a watch. Also, check out "Cabin in the Woods." The ending kind of relates to the anime as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: muir
[MENTION=9859]Mind Labyrinth[/MENTION]

Yeah I've got a bunch of hypothesis and some might relate to that but I will believe nothing until I see what actually happens.

Ok i've got upto the bit where they are experimenting on them and are beginning to speculate on what they really are

Its got a lot of interesting stuff in there

I think there has always been this thing in the Japanese psyche though since Hiroshima and nagasaki. Atomic power loomed large in the collective psyche and from that the whole godzilla thing grew. Godzilla symbolically represented the looming threat from nuclear power, yet it was a dual natured thing as is nuclear power. on one hand nuclear power can provide u with energy but on the other hand it can be weaponised. Godzilla could trash towns but could also tackle other hostile monsters

The titans series is capturing the zeitgeist of our times which is a sense of impending doom. Also it comes in the wake of fukishima so i think there's an element to that as well

But the origins of the titans in the series is a puzzler. Is it going to be something metaphysical....we create them ourselves.....they are our own rapacious all consuming nature manifested into physical form...i dunno....need to watch some more

Reactions: barbad0s
Ok i've got upto the bit where they are experimenting on them and are beginning to speculate on what they really are

I think there has always been this thing in the Japanese psyche though since Hiroshima and nagasaki. Atomic power loomed large in the collective psyche
The fact that everyone from the "Orient" in Attack on Titan world was pretty much wiped out ties in with this nicely too I think.

I think there has always been this thing in the Japanese psyche though since Hiroshima and nagasaki. Atomic power loomed large in the collective psyche and from that the whole godzilla thing grew. Godzilla symbolically represented the looming threat from nuclear power, yet it was a dual natured thing as is nuclear power. on one hand nuclear power can provide u with energy but on the other hand it can be weaponised. Godzilla could trash towns but could also tackle other hostile monsters

The titans series is capturing the zeitgeist of our times which is a sense of impending doom. Also it comes in the wake of fukishima so i think there's an element to that as well

But the origins of the titans in the series is a puzzler. Is it going to be something metaphysical....we create them ourselves.....they are our own rapacious all consuming nature manifested into physical form...i dunno....need to watch some more

It shouldn't be too much longer until you get several big reveals if you're at this point. It will flip how you look at the entire story.

It shouldn't be too much longer until you get several big reveals if you're at this point. It will flip how you look at the entire story.

Cool! :)

The fact that everyone from the "Orient" in Attack on Titan world was pretty much wiped out ties in with this nicely too I think.

Yeah good point; i hadn't thought of that

Well, I've caught up on all the anime episodes that are out. I have to say the manga covers a few details a bit better.

When you get to episode 25 if you're watching it, be sure to watch that until after the credits. If you already watched episode 25 and skipped the credits, you may want to go back and watch until the very end because there's a small but important scene. I don't know why they put that there, it's kind of dumb because it's a key part of that portion of the story, it should have been earlier but oh well...

Well, I've caught up on all the anime episodes that are out. I have to say the manga covers a few details a bit better.

When you get to episode 25 if you're watching it, be sure to watch that until after the credits. If you already watched episode 25 and skipped the credits, you may want to go back and watch until the very end because there's a small but important scene. I don't know why they put that there, it's kind of dumb because it's a key part of that portion of the story, it should have been earlier but oh well...

Oh yeah i missed that bit first time round!

They always leave each episode on such a cliffhanger! That's never a problem when theres lots of episodes out, but once you've caught up with a series and they end on a cliff hanger its like 'no you can't stop there!'

I was gutted at the end of the hobbit film because i didn't know it was going to be split into three parts! Those are the ultimate in annoying cliffhangers cos you have to wait a whole year!

Oh yeah i missed that bit first time round!

They always leave each episode on such a cliffhanger! That's never a problem when theres lots of episodes out, but once you've caught up with a series and they end on a cliff hanger its like 'no you can't stop there!'

I was gutted at the end of the hobbit film because i didn't know it was going to be split into three parts! Those are the ultimate in annoying cliffhangers cos you have to wait a whole year!

Yeah, I read the manga first though so it's not a big problem for me. The manga itself is currently on a bit of a cliffhanger though, but it's a lot further along in the story. The animated series isn't even halfway there yet, I hadn't realized how little it actually covers. -.-

Also I read the Hobbit first and knew there's no way it would only be one movie lol.

Yeah, I read the manga first though so it's not a big problem for me. The manga itself is currently on a bit of a cliffhanger though, but it's a lot further along in the story. The animated series isn't even halfway there yet, I hadn't realized how little it actually covers. -.-

Also I read the Hobbit first and knew there's no way it would only be one movie lol.

Yeah i'd read the hobbit as well, but i was so absorbed in the film as i was watching it that it didn't occur to me that it was just suddenly going to end, part way through! It was jarring!

The hobbit is a much smaller story than the lord of the rings

Yeah, this show is really excellent so far. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next; though I don't really plan to read the manga (the show took up enough of my time this week :p). My favorite character is by far Mikasa. She's just so..... awesome. Well, more than that. I dunno... I've been trying to gauge what her type could be but I only have like 3 guesses.

I think bjork looks like a titan here

tumblr_n1f8xzMlol1qdnfkpo1_500.jpg

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]
You reminded me to catch up on the manga.

Honestly, for having such a great start, it's starting to get drawn out and ridiculous currently. They're milking the drama and espionage angles way too hard right now and it's starting to get dull and repetitive. -.-

@niffer
You reminded me to catch up on the manga.

Honestly, for having such a great start, it's starting to get drawn out and ridiculous currently. They're milking the drama and espionage angles way too hard right now and it's starting to get dull and repetitive. -.-

Are there new episodes?

Are there new episodes?

No, just new manga. Manga is a lot further than the animated one.

Currently I'm waiting for it to resolve something. Even just a small random thing - anything at all. It kind of seems to just keep adding stuff but never solving any of it and it's a little annoying now so I hope it will do something in the next couple chapters or soon.

But at least they haven't killed off any of the main characters still... Yet.

No, just new manga. Manga is a lot further than the animated one.

Currently I'm waiting for it to resolve something. Even just a small random thing - anything at all. It kind of seems to just keep adding stuff but never solving any of it and it's a little annoying now so I hope it will do something in the next couple chapters or soon.

But at least they haven't killed off any of the main characters still... Yet.

So the same story is running in parallel in two different formats?

So the same story is running in parallel in two different formats?

Yes.

Manga version and anime version are pretty close to identical in the content they do have, the first 25 chapters or whatever until the last animated episode. The manga goes on for another 20 chapters so far after the anime left off.