Attack on Titan | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Attack on Titan

Yes.

Manga version and anime version are pretty close to identical in the content they do have, the first 25 chapters or whatever until the last animated episode. The manga goes on for another 20 chapters so far after the anime left off.

When does the anime return and if its not a stupid question what is the difference between manga and anime?

When does the anime return and if its not a stupid question what is the difference between manga and anime?

I *think* they're releasing another season this summer? Manga is comic books and anime is animated episodes.

I *think* they're releasing another season this summer? Manga is comic books and anime is animated episodes.

ah gotcha, thanks!

i should be more clued up really as a child of the 80's!

I've been revisiting with my kid a series i used to watch in the 80's which has been my favourite animation, called 'The mysterious cities of gold'

It features a group of people seeking for the lost cities of gold. I realised whislt watching it that i was watching stuff as a kid about ancient pre-historical civilisations and now as an adult i am still talking about atlantis and ancient civilisations.....nearly 3 decades later and i haven't changed a bit! lol

That series had a big impact on me. I left school as soon as i could after sitting my exams and worked in a few jobs to get some money together then i went off to south america to search for my own cities of gold!

They've made a new series in the last couple of years but they have changed the character a bit. mendoza has an american accent that doesn't suit him and he is more melodramatic in this series....in the original he was a very capable, very cunning and very hard INTJ....the new mendoza isn't quite as cool...too macho and reactive

*sigh*

I was curious and started it...now I can't stop. Titans are creepy as all heck!

*sigh*

I was curious and started it...now I can't stop. Titans are creepy as all heck!

oop thats it...once your're hooked.....its like the crack cocaine of animation!

oop thats it...once your're hooked.....its like the crack cocaine of animation!

It is!!!

It's soooooooooooooooooooo good!!!! I'm trying to figure out what's really going on- I have some theories- but it only makes me want to watch them all to know what's happening!

So my INFJ titan referee list has 2 members now: [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION]

NYAHAHAHAHAHA :m131:

*sigh*

I'm in love with an animation...

tumblr_static_levi.gif

Reactions: endersgone
!!! The last scene!!! Ah! I can't wait!! Hahaha XD

I love this anime! It was a bit creepy at first, though.

I don't want to be the guy that says this show isn't super awesome but, yes I do.

Don't get me wrong I watched it start to finish for the first season and enjoyed a significant part of it. Interesting world building, interesting portrayal of death, a fantastic job of balancing the characters romantic perception's of being a soldier mixed with the reality of their situation, incredibly creepy monsters.

But to many of the characters are just tropes without depth that have been replayed over and over and over again. The less then competent idealist protagonist who get's by on sheer willpower and his grounded rival who get's by on wits alone, not one but two tragic super soldiers changed by death. The useless in a fight by super intelligent friend, the attractive ditz. Just about every character is cookie cut out, which sucks because people die left and right, lot's of them your supposed to care about but you don't slash can't because they were never really that interesting.

Also every single person in that show with the exception of the commander of the expedition force(really hoping he turns out to be a sociopath) seems to be extremely emotional. Eren loses it to something every episode, dude insults the expedition force, well Eren's gotta fight over that, some one wants to be safe behind the walls? Eren's gonna pitch a fit. Bagel for breakfast? may as well not get out of bed today. Watch mom get crushed and bitten in half? well.... actually.... ok that merits a freak out.

Like I said, I enjoyed watching it, I'll get the second season when it comes out. I'd even recommend it as a watch, but people seem to fall head over heals for this show and forget how many flaws it has.

Also pacing, it's like they said "Alright, did we make it to the climax? yes alright cut it there will do the resolution at the start of the next episode."

@Barnabas yeah the creator is definitely doing what he wants in that regard. Honestly I didn't expect it to become a huge cultural thing so quickly either, but that's the power of social media nowadays too I guess. I have heard from others I've discussed it with that the characters and their development is meh, but they *are* tools for the bigger message of what is going on in my opinion too (well, not just my opinion). You are definitely right about that impacting the effect of people dying though - that's something I didn't think too much about before. I am just hoping that it will try to reveal more about human nature with its symbolism as it plays out. There's a lot of potential in it for that. Did you read any of the manga yet?

I started watching this on Netflix after seeing a discussion about it here. Considering its a "kids" show, a think it goes a long way in giving the younger generation a better look at the realities of life then they get with other kids shows. I know, how odd to say that about a cartoon.

I often wonder if my life would be better or worse had I been raised to see the stark reality of life rather than to have been coddled as I was. Dont get me wrong, I saw enough harshness. I just question all of the fanciful things I was allowed to believe in, how the world could be. Now seeing that it is not I have the overall general feeling that I am somehow a loser for not being able to make it that way.

Its a good show if for no other reason that it makes you think where many shows do not. Thats becoming more rare these days I think. So many kids shows out there where its almost required you be on some sort of drug to even begin to understand them.

attack_on_titan_mbti_by_mbti_characters-d6wei0k.jpg

Hmmm what do you guys think of this Attack on Titan MBTI chart?

On a side note: Levi thoooooooo <3 :m055: I also freakin' love Mikasa. She's like the female version of my BF :p

I started watching this on Netflix after seeing a discussion about it here. Considering its a "kids" show, a think it goes a long way in giving the younger generation a better look at the realities of life then they get with other kids shows. I know, how odd to say that about a cartoon.

I often wonder if my life would be better or worse had I been raised to see the stark reality of life rather than to have been coddled as I was. Dont get me wrong, I saw enough harshness. I just question all of the fanciful things I was allowed to believe in, how the world could be. Now seeing that it is not I have the overall general feeling that I am somehow a loser for not being able to make it that way.

Its a good show if for no other reason that it makes you think where many shows do not. Thats becoming more rare these days I think. So many kids shows out there where its almost required you be on some sort of drug to even begin to understand them.

I'd not say it's a kids show. In fact I'd say it definitely isn't.

If you think it is then you haven't watched enough (or have really bad standards for what kids should be watching)

I'd not say it's a kids show. In fact I'd say it definitely isn't.

If you think it is then you haven't watched enough (or have really bad standards for what kids should be watching)

Fair enough. I tend to think that anything that shows up on the cartoon network is a kids show... I dont think its just me that has really bad standards. Still, I question would I have better standards for thinking its better for kids to watch Sponge Bob?