Attack on Titan | INFJ Forum

Attack on Titan

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
If anyone else has watched this anime or read/reading the manga, please let me know here :33333

Reactions: muir
i watched the first episode, and the titans are super creepy.

that boy has watched way more.

crunchyroll for teh win.

[video=youtube;sr2PyNriPWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2PyNriPWI[/video]

I've read the manga and watched some episodes.

I gave up on it because I'm annoyed to still have no idea of the origin of Titans. That basement better be fricking awesome when they get to it. It had better be a massive underground cache packed to overflowing with an incomprehensible amount of win. It had better be, I tell you!

I've read the manga and watched some episodes.

I gave up on it because I'm annoyed to still have no idea of the origin of Titans. That basement better be fricking awesome when they get to it. It had better be a massive underground cache packed to overflowing with an incomprehensible amount of win. It had better be, I tell you!

You mean you're caught up to the 40 something chapters and still no basement???? (I've watched it and only read up to chapter 6 so far, been bizzy)

You mean you're caught up to the 40 something chapters and still no basement???? (I've watched it and only read up to chapter 6 so far, been bizzy)
Ah, I thought you might have read the whole thing, sorry.

Yeah I I've read all the ones that are actually out, no basement. There's a lot of other crazy stuff though. You'll get a lot of surprises so it's still worth it.

Interestingly Titan is a moon off saturn that is getting a lot of attention as a place that might possibly support life

Once they're done trashing this place the oligarchs will need somewhere else to leap to!

Interestingly Titan is a moon off saturn that is getting a lot of attention as a place that might possibly support life

Once they're done trashing this place the oligarchs will need somewhere else to leap to!

Titan would not support human life. There's no liquid water, and the atmosphere is not breathable, and the temperature is -180°C due to how far away from the sun it is.

Additionally, get out. o.o

A while back I saw this beta play of one the games:

[video=youtube;hZcL5_in7GA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZcL5_in7GA[/video]

Didn't know about the show until after.

Titan would not support human life. There's no liquid water, and the atmosphere is not breathable, and the temperature is -180°C due to how far away from the sun it is.

Perhaps not human, but maybe life

Here's a mainstream news article about how NASA scientists think Titan may support life:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...e-that-alien-life-exists-on-Saturns-moon.html

Researchers at the space agency believe they have discovered vital clues that appeared to indicate that primitive aliens could be living on the moon.

Data from Nasa's Cassini probe has analysed the complex chemistry on the surface of Titan, which experts say is the only moon around the planet to have a dense atmosphere.

They suggest that life forms may have been breathing in the planet’s atmosphere and also feeding on its surface’s fuel.

Additionally, get out. o.o

The thread starter recommended this manga story to me so i took a look at this thread out of interest

Titan is getting a lot of interest at the moment due to the findings of the cassini probe so i thought i'd say something about it

Can you explain to me what the themes in the manga series are about please?

Perhaps not human, but maybe life

Here's a mainstream news article about how NASA scientists think Titan may support life:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...e-that-alien-life-exists-on-Saturns-moon.html

Researchers at the space agency believe they have discovered vital clues that appeared to indicate that primitive aliens could be living on the moon.

Data from Nasa's Cassini probe has analysed the complex chemistry on the surface of Titan, which experts say is the only moon around the planet to have a dense atmosphere.

They suggest that life forms may have been breathing in the planet’s atmosphere and also feeding on its surface’s fuel.

It might be possible for simple life to live there. I doubt that any humans are looking to move there any time in the near future though. We would have to colonize orbital space first, and perhaps the moon, and be able to have production in space before we even think about colonizing something like Titan. The relatively tiny probes that we can send out would be way too inefficient and costly to lay down infrastructure by themselves and it's very difficult to get anything much bigger out of the atmosphere and send it that far.

The thread starter recommended this manga story to me so i took a look at this thread out of interest

Titan is getting a lot of interest at the moment due to the findings of the cassini probe so i thought i'd say something about it

Can you explain to me what the themes in the manga series are about please?

It's about humans desperate fight for survival against giants called Titans, who's sole reason for existing appears to be wiping out humans. There's also an oligarchy and a corrupt military police, and a church that knows the secrets of Titans, but ultimately the actions of these organizations have actually saved humanity and kept it from destroying itself in panic.

I won't give spoilers but there's a special way that the walls were built which the church was involved in which could not be allowed to be known. If it weren't for them, humans would have already been doomed to extinction. The government became lax and corrupt due to the safety of these walls, until new Titans came which could break them - Two incredibly powerful and sentient Titans, the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan.

Titan (the mooon) is also where the main characters go if they leave the house in Beetlejuice.

It's where this fecker lives.

Sandwormbio.png

Never heard of this manga though. But there's your proof of alien life - mouth in a mouth and everything.

It might be possible for simple life to live there. I doubt that any humans are looking to move there any time in the near future though. We would have to colonize orbital space first, and perhaps the moon, and be able to have production in space before we even think about colonizing something like Titan. The relatively tiny probes that we can send out would be way too inefficient and costly to lay down infrastructure by themselves and it's very difficult to get anything much bigger out of the atmosphere and send it that far.

But there is a lot of talk about the 'goldilocks zone' isn't there? That magic place where the conditions for life are 'just right'

Space tourism is beginning....the super rich can now pay for flights into space

A space station has been created and the effects on the human body of prolongued periods in space are being studied

So there is evidence of a desire there to stretch our boundaries....and who do you think will get a golden ticket to the new promised land when we find it?

I think though they are now thinking that the most realistic way a long distance journey can be made other than bending space star trek style is to map the human brain so that it can be uploaded into a computer. Such a computer can then be carried around on any robotic frame that the occaision requires. There is a lot of money being invested in robotics at the moment

So whichever brains get mapped will then sally forth in their terminator style drone bodies, clutching petri dishes of their DNA which they will then use to reanimate their physical bodies using tissue engineering and go forth and multiply on the new planet

heck i should be writing my own manga series...

It's about humans desperate fight for survival against giants called Titans, who's sole reason for existing appears to be wiping out humans. There's also an oligarchy and a corrupt military police, and a church that knows the secrets of Titans, but ultimately the actions of these organizations have actually saved humanity and kept it from destroying itself in panic.

ahhh those oligarchs ey? They're never far away.....

Have you noticed there's a lot of apocalyptic style stuff out there at the moment...you know?

I mean its exciting entertainment but if we're not going down with killer viruses, we're being chased by zombies or chomped down on by giant aliens!

There's a sense out there that we're heading towards something...its almost palpable. The people making the media want us to believe that its going to be something bad, but it could just as easily be something good

There's fukishima, the global economy, riots, war.....it all looks quite bleak, but at the same time there is also a lot of re-thinking going on....we're being snapped out of our complacency

So anyway....zizek reckons that in popular culture zombies represent the dumbed down masses and vampires represent the blood sucking elites

So with this one it is giants that eat us right? Humanity is living behind giant walls in fear

Once again its pushing an underlying fear of some giant problem that is threatening to literally consume us

I won't give spoilers but there's a special way that the walls were built which the church was involved in which could not be allowed to be known. If it weren't for them, humans would have already been doomed to extinction.

The church?

Ahhh so now the church are the good guys! Lets forget all the inquisition and the abuse and the brainwashing....they are the saviours of humanity!

The government became lax and corrupt due to the safety of these walls, until new Titans came which could break them - Two incredibly powerful and sentient Titans, the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan.

Ok so is there any hope in this series?

How do you take these things out?

Titan (the mooon) is also where the main characters go if they leave the house in Beetlejuice.

It's where this fecker lives.

Sandwormbio.png

Never heard of this manga though. But there's your proof of alien life - mouth in a mouth and everything.

He's just lonely and wants to snuggle....look he's smiling

Last edited:
The church?

Ahhh so now the church are the good guys! Lets forget all the inquisition and the abuse and the brainwashing....they are the saviours of humanity!
It's not the church of God. It's the church of the wall. They create a religion that dictates that the wall is holy so people will not mess with it, for a very good reason you come to find out later.

Ok so is there any hope in this series?

How do you take these things out?
Hardly any. The only way to kill them is by destroying a very small spot at the base of the neck, otherwise they regenerate, and humans only posses Renaissance style cannons and guns for ranged weaponry, and there are too many Titans. To most effectively kill a Titan a human must get into melee range with their most advanced technology called the Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear. Most who try this get eaten, especially since most Titans are large enough to fit a human in its mouth whole.

Edit:
Also keep in mind that humans do not have electricity or cars or telephones or anything like that, and the wall itself which they built would have been impossible to complete under the pressures they have, but the wall is eventually explained and you come to realize why it is so special.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

This should give you an idea of how humans are living and what they are up against in Attack on Titan

The Colossal Titan:
[video=youtube;4vkWI7iXap4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vkWI7iXap4[/video]

The Armored Titan:
[video=youtube;tt3O_Aw5Dok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt3O_Aw5Dok[/video]

A while back I saw this beta play of one the games:

[video=youtube;hZcL5_in7GA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZcL5_in7GA[/video]

Didn't know about the show until after.

I had to try this game and by gosh it's pretty hard. And the 3D maneuver gear is so accurately done! (and appropriately difficult as it is in the story)

It's not the church of God. It's the church of the wall. They create a religion that dictates that the wall is holy so people will not mess with it, for a very good reason you come to find out later.

Hardly any. The only way to kill them is by destroying a very small spot at the base of the neck, otherwise they regenerate, and humans only posses Renaissance style cannons and guns for ranged weaponry, and there are too many Titans. To most effectively kill a Titan a human must get into melee range with their most advanced technology called the Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear. Most who try this get eaten, especially since most Titans are large enough to fit a human in its mouth whole.

Edit:
Also keep in mind that humans do not have electricity or cars or telephones or anything like that, and the wall itself which they built would have been impossible to complete under the pressures they have, but the wall is eventually explained and you come to realize why it is so special.

Cool, i'll check it out! Thanks

Cool, i'll check it out! Thanks

It's worth it. There's many surprises and a good bit of depth. In the manga it is even explained how Titans can be so large and not collapse under their own weight. A lot of consideration went into it.

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]

EPILEPSY WARNING! I'm serious. Even if you don't have epilepsy, this might give you it. EPILEPSY WARNING!
[video=youtube;tMLRJyKgLEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLRJyKgLEc[/video]

BAHAHaha!