Are there any body language/visual/speech patterns that are very INFJ? What do you think they are? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are there any body language/visual/speech patterns that are very INFJ? What do you think they are?

I was talking to Pin the other day about this exact behavior of sticking to the sidelines and learning the social dynamics before engaging in how and who to interact. Another INFJ in the convo said she did the same. Seems to fit our type.

I am glad to hear it's not just me. :p

Once I feel like I have clicked with someone I want to be their best friend for life and want to know everything about them and sometimes it comes across as though I've fallen in love with them (I admit I have mini crushes but overcome them). But really it's just fascination of the person. I need to work on setting boundaries though because in the end I'm the one who gets hurt and generally I am usually really aware of this irl but I've noticed online since lockdown I have crossed those boundaries.

Is anyone else like this??? Or has been??

I need to work on this for sure...

So my question is whether you people noticed some pattern in the presentation of INFJs in their speech, tone, facial expressions, even the way they dress and their eyes and so on.
So my question is whether you people noticed some pattern in the presentation of INFJs in their speech, tone, facial expressions, even the way they dress and their eyes and so on.
When you feel eyes piercing your soul but can't find anyone looking at you, search for sunglasses. That's me, studying you incognito.

Pausing while reflecting, eyes darting around or looking down (anywhere but the person so I can focus on my thoughts, not what they may be thinking) as if looking for the appropriate explanation that that particular person might understand better.

In a high energy state, I tend to talk in circles to a point, it helps me unwind the ridiculous patterns of thought in my head and yes, it drives some people crazy when I do this.

In a lower energy state, I tend to hold it in and come back to the discussion at a later time after I've processed what I really feel outside of their presence. Sometimes that's necessary for me to remove myself because then I can focus on how I actually feel versus how I think what they might relate with. It just takes so much time to unravel the mess in my head sometimes. I'll have a brilliant idea or explanation but it's more like an intuition or feeling that I can't put into words unless I work it out first... you know rehearse it in my head or write it out. Writing it out really helps because I can see the words and it reminds me of other points... and then it brings me closer to the main point I am trying to make. Lol I hope that makes sense.

And sometimes I never come to an explanation because the way I feel is contradictory, like I can see both or multiple sides and then it's gonna take a long time to explain my reasoning. :p

Hand waving yes, expressive, opinionated but considerate in my expression. <3 Unless I'm triggered, hehe. Then irrational emotion comes out and I blurt things without explaining and that's never good haha. But I always usually come around and try to reiterate in a more relatable way. A more connected way. Because that's my goal to connect. :)

Last edited:
Once I feel like I have clicked with someone I want to be their best friend for life and want to know everything about them and sometimes it comes across as though I've fallen in love with them (I admit I have mini crushes but overcome them). But really it's just fascination of the person. I need to work on setting boundaries though because in the end I'm the one who gets hurt and generally I am usually really aware of this irl but I've noticed online since lockdown I have crossed those boundaries.

Is anyone else like this??? Or has been??
Me. My fascination with people I click with (whether they click with me or not) causes me to become overly enthusiastic and oversharing and quite frankly obsessed or really passionate about them. I in the past was confused that it was romantic, and it could very easily turn into that if I'm not careful, but I am much more aware that when I'm fascinated or intrigued by someone, it's just how I am. It's not necessarily romantic but it is very intense. I love them fiercely and not afraid to show it. But sometimes in the past it backfired and I was too intense. I was actually made fun of for it behind my back. But it's okay, I made some people uncomfortable with my high energy obsession of them, when I was just trying to find connection on a real level. I've learned to try and hold that back and try and match what's given. But when that is not sufficient for me I do tend to try and be their friend anyway.

Me. My fascination with people I click with (whether they click with me or not) causes me to become overly enthusiastic and oversharing and quite frankly obsessed or really passionate about them. I in the past was confused that it was romantic, and it could very easily turn into that if I'm not careful, but I am much more aware that when I'm fascinated or intrigued by someone, it's just how I am. It's not necessarily romantic but it is very intense. I love them fiercely and not afraid to show it. But sometimes in the past it backfired and I was too intense. I was actually made fun of for it behind my back. But it's okay, I made some people uncomfortable with my high energy obsession of them, when I was just trying to find connection on a real level. I've learned to try and hold that back and try and match what's given. But when that is not sufficient for me I do tend to try and be their friend anyway.

Oh yh, I've broken a few hearts because they got the wrong end of the stick! :flushed:

Hey Ren,

That was a beautiful video; I pray you and your bro continue to have a lifetime of love and happiness together and you always have each other to lean on in life.

Anyway, I started watching your other videos on your YouTube channel and can't seem to stop watching them haha; proper intriguing and feel like home. Just gone 2am here and my eyes are shutting but just wanted to say thank you man:)

Hey Ren,

That was a beautiful video; I pray you and your bro continue to have a lifetime of love and happiness together and you always have each other to lean on in life.

Anyway, I started watching your other videos on your YouTube channel and can't seem to stop watching them haha; proper intriguing and feel like home. Just gone 2am here and my eyes are shutting but just wanted to say thank you man:)

Thanks Jonah! I'm glad you're enjoying my content. I'm still releasing videos (more or less on a weekly basis), so stay tuned ;)

I'll just talk about myself, because I can't type others. I am stoic regardless of what I'm feeling, and I may appear shy, melancholy and confident simultaneously. I speak in a somewhat formal manner, and I make more eye contact when I speak than when I listen. Overall, I have a strong, magnetic presence, which might be mostly attributed to factors other than my behavior.

I believe this was slightly touched on, but when I get excited or passionate about something, and I am comfortable with whoever I am with, I speak very quickly and get louder than normal. Sometimes people hate this.

Definitely expressive with face and hands. Too much, in my opinion. I prefer to hide emotions and appear stoic, but when I feel comfortable I can be perky/bubbly. Again, usually irritates people.

I also prefer to observe till comfortable, then I will use humor as an icebreaker. Doesn't always land, lol.

I believe this was slightly touched on, but when I get excited or passionate about something, and I am comfortable with whoever I am with, I speak very quickly and get louder than normal. Sometimes people hate this.

Definitely expressive with face and hands. Too much, in my opinion. I prefer to hide emotions and appear stoic, but when I feel comfortable I can be perky/bubbly. Again, usually irritates people.

I also prefer to observe till comfortable, then I will use humor as an icebreaker. Doesn't always land, lol.

Same here a lot of concrete blocks out there in the world don't like the bubbles Fe and have had some pretty painful experiences as a result. If they're going to hate me anyway I may as well turn up the heat and tap into some Fi instead. :smilingimp:

Reactions: grt$5vb
I've an expressive face, so you can read me like an open book. I talk with my hands a lot as well, especially if I'm very excited about something. I'm so deep in my thoughts that I don't notice I'm doing it. People have commented about it before (facial expressions and hand gestures), lol.

Last edited:
Excessive use of "uhhh", "ummm", "ya know?", "does that make sense?", pauses to allow thoughts to form in digestible ways:laughing:

Excessive use of "uhhh", "ummm", "ya know?", "does that make sense?", pauses to allow thoughts to form in digestible ways:laughing:

I Definitely do lots of pauses for contemplation.
I have said it before but our hesitation to seek for clarity etc look as if we might be lying to others who are not our way.
In my opinion it is always better if an INFJ look people in their eyes to encourage ease. Yet I still feel uncomfortable doing that.

I have said it before but our hesitation to seek for clarity etc look as if we might be lying to others who are not our way.

LoL, I haven't thought of it that way. Oh well:smile: