Are there any body language/visual/speech patterns that are very INFJ? What do you think they are? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are there any body language/visual/speech patterns that are very INFJ? What do you think they are?

I agree with ................................many here ..........................Many INFJs.............................pause a lot....................................while talking.....It takes time....................for messages...................................to return from.................................................................................................................................................................................the Astral Plane.

I really think one of the common denominators though is that you are going to notice most introverted intuitives are generally lost in their heads, like they are dreaming, thinking, contemplating most of the time. It can be hard to get their attention. Even when they hear you, you are never quite sure. Generally a melancholic, pensive type with individualistic flavors that vary from very reserved to quite outgoing, but that distant look and behavior is usually apparent. INFJs are very aware of their own distance and the ethics of not fully being available and present, how it may affect others. This creates a focus on the action of their ethics to maintain emotional connection with others.

That's just the sound of consideration.
If you listen closely you can hear the emotional triangulation... and maybe some forest spell magic or some shit like that
My dad is an INFJ and he also used to do acid every day for an entire year when he was a teenager and found an abandoned van full of it. (The guy who owned it had been arrested but they didn't find his van).

So growing up I thought the long pauses was just him completely losing touch with reality and then "snapping back". That's really how it seems and when he comes back he either answers what you asked or seems to have gotten lost in thought related to it so deeply that he has forgotten how he got there in the first place and hence your question.

In my dad's case I think it's particularly pronounced due to drug use but I see it in other INFJ males.

Not so much in INFJ females though. Maybe it's just how I interpret it. With INFJ females they might pause before to think, but they don't tend to stop midspeech or talk slowly. Most of the female INFJs I have known have very big eyes or something about their eyes that draws you in. They have a very mysticism type presence. Unlike the males, female INFJs are much better at hiding their INFJness. They interact pretty smoothly with other people but it's only talking to them one on one where they feel you really understand them that you can feel the true intensity they have.

Male INFJs seem to just act strange all the time and everybody knows theyre strange. I happen to like it but apparently most people don't.

Not so much in INFJ females though. Maybe it's just how I interpret it. With INFJ females they might pause before to think, but they don't tend to stop midspeech or talk slowly. Most of the female INFJs I have known have very big eyes or something about their eyes that draws you in. They have a very mysticism type presence. Unlike the males, female INFJs are much better at hiding their INFJness. They interact pretty smoothly with other people but it's only talking to them one on one where they feel you really understand them that you can feel the true intensity they have.

Male INFJs seem to just act strange all the time and everybody knows theyre strange. I happen to like it but apparently most people don't.

I wonder if what you are picking up on has to do with Fe navigation. You might find an INFJ male interacting with other males (that he is comfortable with) to be less "weird."
Women have a greater understanding of social navigation by default. So younger INFJ males in particular aren't exactly going to have their shit together in that sense.
And of course, some people never really grow up in a lot of ways, so they are gonna still be shit at social navigation when older.

I wonder if what you are picking up on has to do with Fe navigation. You might find an INFJ male interacting with other males (that he is comfortable with) to be less "weird."
Women have a greater understanding of social navigation by default. So younger INFJ males in particular aren't exactly going to have their shit together in that sense.
And of course, some people never really grow up in a lot of ways, so they are gonna still be shit at social navigation when older.
Yeah I think I would agree. I have seen male INFJs interact 1x1 with other men they know and it's fine. But if it's a woman or a group their behavior is a bit quirky.

Yeah I think I would agree. I have seen male INFJs interact 1x1 with other men they know and it's fine. But if it's a woman or a group their behavior is a bit quirky.

I am still pretty terrible in groups, though better than I used to be. And I'm not nearly as weird around women as I used to be.
It's mainly Fe overload, is what I'll call it here. The opposite sex will overload anyone's system at times but it's more visible with INFJs cuz we have our feelings out on the table.

I agree with ................................many here ..........................Many INFJs.............................pause a lot....................................while talking.....It takes time....................for messages...................................to return from.................................................................................................................................................................................the Astral Plane.

LOL. That's exactly how I talk. Lots of pauses. Never realised it was a INFJ thing.

So my question is whether you people noticed some pattern in the presentation of INFJs in their speech, tone, facial expressions, even the way they dress and their eyes and so on.

A lot of INFJ types in history were exceptionally great orators which to me suggests the ability to captivate an audience. One can't do that without practice lol.

I've wondered for awhile though if there is any connection between INFJs and autism spectrum disorder.27bde85b5058c17a7e3c4b223eeffbe4.jpg

I wear “strange” like a badge despite never having to dress eccentric like the cool goth folks. I guess that’s why I love women with unconventional hair color, I don’t find them strange, I find them interesting and I just wanna make out with them all.
And thank you for appreciating the strange and I find that makes you special.

The strangeness that comes with this type does make life in society pretty challenging at times and it hasn't done me any favors growing up so anyone who had it bad has my sympathy especially when the pressure for the norms was heavily applied coupled with the lack of understanding by the usual types. That speech pattern has bitten me in the ass on more than a few occasions when the mind had gotten too tired.

So my question is whether you people noticed some pattern in the presentation of INFJs in their speech, tone, facial expressions, even the way they dress and their eyes and so on.

Well, since I am older and more experienced, you'd not be surprised that I would have noticed more idiosyncracies than others by now in myself and others. You would be correct:

Speech: Halted/truncated at times, mumbled, trailing, bouncing lyrically along at times, non sequitur...

Tone: Even, level, but changes depending on my current state emotionally

Facial Expressions: Tee Hee. Yep! I got 'em, and they match whatever I'm feeling to the max. I don't like to appear angry or sad, though I often do probably.

Eyes: They probably glow or radiant love, if not whatever emotion is around.

Honestly, I don't know how others put up with me, but I'm glad when they do. I think one thing I've noticed other INFJ's do (as well as myself) is to look away in thoughtful repose while attempting to understand something in conversation. I'm sure there are many other mannerisms best stated by others around me who can see them best. We get so entrained (falling in sync with that around us), involved emotionally, deeply connected, that we mirror that of those around us without realizing how it appears, I think.

Like this?

Actually I’m pretty much like others have described here. Except that if I go into a flow about something I know about and I’m enthusiastic about, then I probably come across differently to the people I’m with - authoritatively, with both intellectual and emotional positive charge blended together.

There’s a dark side to this too. If I feel certain about something intuitively and intellectually, and my emotional charge is high and negative, I can go into ‘tell’ mode and give out commands or definitive statements without background explanatory information - there’s very little INFJ pausing with that, but I suspect the death stare is involved with some of this :sweatsmile:. That’s been a work of a lifetime to try and control.

We get so entrained (falling in sync with that around us), involved emotionally, deeply connected, that we mirror that of those around us without realizing how it appears, I think.
It’s fascinating getting involved with Zoom meetings in the lockdowns and watching your own appearance on screen as the sessions happen. I look quite different to how I feel inside - it’s taken me a while to integrate this experience but it’s well worth it.

Actually I’m pretty much like others have described here. Except that if I go into a flow about something I know about and I’m enthusiastic about, then I probably come across differently to the people I’m with - authoritatively, with both intellectual and emotional positive charge blended together.

Same, for sure

‘tell’ mode

I tend to run on this frequently sometimes, so what you wrote here is helpful to me, thanks :)

Once I feel like I have clicked with someone I want to be their best friend for life and want to know everything about them and sometimes it comes across as though I've fallen in love with them (I admit I have mini crushes but overcome them). But really it's just fascination of the person. I need to work on setting boundaries though because in the end I'm the one who gets hurt and generally I am usually really aware of this irl but I've noticed online since lockdown I have crossed those boundaries.

Is anyone else like this??? Or has been??

Perhaps it's just me.

Whether online or off, I usually stick on the fringes or outskirts of a group until I've determined the dynamic of the group at large. I have a feeling many INFJ do this and, once they've concluded the nature of the group, determine whether or not they wish to intermingle and harmonize via social chameleonism to interact, or to refrain for lack of hope in something substantial coming of such an interaction.

edit:
shit I just realized this was an intuitive answer to a sensory question. damnit.