Are INFJs creative? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs creative?

Do you think we're more creative than other types?

If we're not the most creative type, we're certainly in the upper part of the list. If I had to guess, I'd wager it to be a toss up between NFJs and NTPs for creative power, with NFPs and NTJs battling for 3rd and 4th.

NFJs tend to be aesthetically and artistically creative, focusing on the beauty of their work.
NTPs tend to be functionally and conceptually creative, focusing on the applications of their projects.
NTJs tend to be practically and efficiently creative, focusing on the cleverness of their applications.
NFPs tend to be expressively and individually creative, focusing on manifesting their inner intentions.

What creative talents do you have?
I'm an artist, designer, illustrator, writer, improvisational actor, comic, and comedian. My creativity also manifests itself in any area in which I can identify a problem. Creative practical solutions are my specialty, and I'm constantly accused of not being able to think inside the box. But when point A and point B form a line through the box, why bother with the box?

yeah i think INFJs are pretty creative, people often tell me i'm creative, sometimes just by hearing what i say, i don't know how, but anyways, i write poetry, i like being creative in the kitchen, in what's inside my recipes and also in garnishing and making the food look nice, i love decorating things, and recently i've started to paint. people also tell me that the way i dress is creative.

I'd say so!

But, if I may be so bold to make a generalization, I think INFJ's also tend to be a bit perfectionistic, which stunts our full creative potential.

I'd say so!

But, if I may be so bold to make a generalization, I think INFJ's also tend to be a bit perfectionistic, which stunts our full creative potential.

i think there is some truth to that, because even when i am being creative, i tend to be a perfectionist with what i am doing at times, and that probably does limit me from being even more creative.

Well this is an interesting question really. I don't consider myself creative - I've always felt as if I have the mentality of an artist but no capabilities of one

I mean, sometimes I can write pretty well if I'm inspired and motivated enough to do so (lately I haven't been writing much, it's a shame, I think I've been gathering inspiration) - but still I dislike my own writing and anyway it's not that amazing, many of my friends write so much better than me.

Well one thing I like is creating plots and stories in my head, and characters. When I was little I used to talk to myself on the way to home through the forests when I was coming from school and create all kinds of stories. I also drew and told the story as I went along - to myself.

But nowadays I don't seem to have a lot of outlet instead of the insides of my head.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, all MBTI types are creative in their own way.

I admire the works of INFJs the most. They are so powerfully deep and so in touch with natural human needs and aesthetics. I think INFJs are the classics-definers and trend-setters of every generation, especially in terms of moral values. Usually this effect happens subtly, but it grows with time.

I notice more and more INxJs in the area of painting and arts. I think it's because of the shadow ESxPs - the primary Se is the best for drawing, for pure and bold physical expression; and the original primary Ni gives deep meaning and purpose to their works. Many INFJs are also great writers, because they understand people so well, and more importantly - they can describe it so masterfully.

I love the hidden passion in everything INFJs do. To me they are natural artists even in day-to-day life, and in the small details of insignificant tasks. They also have the ability to provide significance to anything - if it gets their touch, it changes its meaning and becomes so much more desirable.

yes, we are creative. I consider myself as a creative person.

I am, but it frustrates me when I want to be more creative than I am. I love to write, but sometimes that ol' pen just dries up like a desert. Either that, or I find folks who are infinitely more talented, and I start saying, "what's the point?"

Which...is horrid, I know. But I'm such a perfectionist and such a "new ideas" person that if someone has an idea that sounds too similar to what I'm doing, I'll give up the idea I had. Or I won't feel like finishing the idea.

Sucks, yep!

But to answer the question I think we're about as creative as any other type, but we have different ways of showing it.

I would call myself extremely creative actually.

I am not creative when I say "hey you, let's be creative" but rather when I just feel what's inside. If I put my pen on the paper and just write, without a clear direction, I often find that I in fact have written something clear and concise... but in a very creative way!

I am creative when I improvise, when I do not feel the box that I am supposed to think outside.

Yes in coming up with new ideas.

If you mean with art, then in my case, I am definitely not good at art.

All NF's have incredible creative potential. MBTI theorists describe NF's as the most creative of them all. Definitely the case.

I would say, however, that NFP's are even more creative than NFJ's.

All NF's have incredible creative potential. MBTI theorists describe NF's as the most creative of them all. Definitely the case.

I would say, however, that NFP's are even more creative than NFJ's.

Why do you say that?

I say yes.

If we're not the most creative type, we're certainly in the upper part of the list. If I had to guess, I'd wager it to be a toss up between NFJs and NTPs for creative power, with NFPs and NTJs battling for 3rd and 4th.

NFJs tend to be aesthetically and artistically creative, focusing on the beauty of their work.
NTPs tend to be functionally and conceptually creative, focusing on the applications of their projects.
NTJs tend to be practically and efficiently creative, focusing on the cleverness of their applications.
NFPs tend to be expressively and individually creative, focusing on manifesting their inner intentions.

I think you might have gotten a bit too creative with your ideas there.

:m176:

In my opinion no type is more creative than the other, preference doesn't imply ability o que.

Like if I were a thinking type that does not mean I think better than a feeling type.

:m036:

You know I find the creativity contest a little sickening.

Lucifer not read thread no more just thought I'd make my thoughts known.

Ok I will probably still read the thread but this still a little effed to me.

No I have a better idea... I Lucifer the dark lord are more creative then every type.

I say that with nooo sense of irony what so ever.

Did I just destroy the joke?

What eve I'll shut up now.

I'd say so!

I say all you have to do is look at how many artists and writers are on this forum. Yes, we are a creative lot. I will let others with more knowledge of the MBTI speculate on which types are more creative and how.

I love what you said DHT because I found that to be so true for me! I used to started editing my poems before I was finished , and would sometimes lose the creative flow of it. I learned to push though and finish it (mis-spellings and all) and go back to edit. This can drive me crazy if I think about it--so I don't.

Last edited:
depends on the area of creativity your talking about, I'm very good at creative writing and have an active imagination, always coming up with ideas but I am very bad at manual stuff..I can't make let's say a decent potter to save my life for example, or work clay.

I'm talking in general here. I've definitely seen some NFJ's who can go head to head with the best of NFP's in terms of creativity but, in general, the NFP's seem to be slightly ahead.

I guess so. They are the most sensitive of all the types and would be in more touch with their emotions then us, in general.