Are INFJs creative? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs creative?

Haha. Yes. I was only joking.. Merely being sarcastic about the negative stereotype towards the SJ temperament that I see people have on certain (not this one) mbti forums. You're definitely not boring at all. And I think you're creative as well, and usually--it's just not a party without your repartee.

This is possibly why a lot of INFP's are less than keen on parties (in general)

This is possibly why a lot of INFP's are less than keen on parties (in general)
I like parties... when they are at my house and I can excuse myself half-way through to go and read my book in my room. lol.

Oh, no it's nothing I've written.. Just whatever I happen to be reading at the time, is what I meant. But you're ever so kind to me. haha.

I'm pretty sure my mom is an SJ (ISFJ - she is a nurturer by definition, for sure) and she's like my hero :D. My mom is an excellent cook and decorates beautifully.....for her, I think it is taking care of her family & making a home that brings out her creativity.

I definitely like some SJs, and they throw great parties because everything is so organized and well-planned, and ISFJs in particular will make sure everyone feels included, which misunderstood and withdrawn little INFPs like me need :D.

By what would you define creative?

The next buisness solution model?

A complex math theory?

Oil painting?

Sculpting?

Fashion?

An Infj could be just as clueless as the next type
An Infj could be just as "creative" as the next type

I think it's mostly a matter of persective.

Reactions: the
At least in my case, creativity is essential to who I am... People have always told me that I have a gift for creativity whether it be in writing, design, or even in problem solving. The funny thing is, I don't really feel like I have to work at it. I constantly have these thoughts and ideas buzzing around in my head and I need just pluck one out when I need it. One thing is for sure though... I really need to work on getting those thoughts and ideas down on paper. I can be truly masterful in writing, but is very difficult for me to express myself verbally. Sometimes I cannot get a complete thought put together in conversation before I interrupt myself, then completely forget what I was saying in the first place. Anyone else experience this?

Schmarmy!

I'm not sure what that means, but by saying it must be a pretty book someone is reading, I am symbolically indicating that they see whatever they are seeing (or reading) at the time through eyes that see in pretty ways. That's the power of inner creativity at it's very best to me.

At least in my case, creativity is essential to who I am... People have always told me that I have a gift for creativity whether it be in writing, design, or even in problem solving. The funny thing is, I don't really feel like I have to work at it. I constantly have these thoughts and ideas buzzing around in my head and I need just pluck one out when I need it. One thing is for sure though... I really need to work on getting those thoughts and ideas down on paper. I can be truly masterful in writing, but is very difficult for me to express myself verbally. Sometimes I cannot get a complete thought put together in conversation before I interrupt myself, then completely forget what I was saying in the first place. Anyone else experience this?

Yeah, I used to wonder why I did this. Now I try to plan out what I'm going to say before I actually say it. Either that or ask whoever I'm talking to what point I was trying to make! :lol:

I'm pretty sure my mom is an SJ (ISFJ - she is a nurturer by definition, for sure) and she's like my hero :D. My mom is an excellent cook and decorates beautifully.....for her, I think it is taking care of her family & making a home that brings out her creativity.

I definitely like some SJs, and they throw great parties because everything is so organized and well-planned, and ISFJs in particular will make sure everyone feels included, which misunderstood and withdrawn little INFPs like me need :D.
My mom is an SJ, too. Everything that you stated about your mom, I have to say is pretty true of mine. She will spend the entire day making up her own outlandish recipes. She has a real talent for cooking. I remember awhile back on one of my visits at her house she kept talking about how she wanted to decorate and update the house. I got frustrated because I'm not interested in talking about materialistic things.. but then I realized that my mom isn't materialistic--it's just her way of making everything nice and comfortable for everyone. So yeah, taking care of the family and home does seem to be where she is most creative, because that is what she cares about--maintaining those things she values.. whereas nf types creativity is more expressed in trying to well.. express themselves. Honestly, I think all the types are creative and innovative in different ways. It just has to do with their motivations.

My mom is an SJ, too. Everything that you stated about your mom, I have to say is pretty true of mine. She will spend the entire day making up her own outlandish recipes. She has a real talent for cooking. I remember awhile back on one of my visits at her house she kept talking about how she wanted to decorate and update the house. I got frustrated because I'm not interested in talking about materialistic things.. but then I realized that my mom isn't materialistic--it's just her way of making everything nice and comfortable for everyone. So yeah, taking care of the family and home does seem to be where she is most creative, because that is what she cares about--maintaining those things she values.. whereas nf types creativity is more expressed in trying to well.. express themselves. Honestly, I think all the types are creative and innovative in different ways. It just has to do with their motivations.

Same goes for my mom (I wonder if that in itself isn't an INFJ thing?).

I definitely feel like a creative person. Constantly thinking or dreaming, and I express myself a lot better in writing than in plain speech. I'm also coming up with new ideas for short stories, or characters, or plot points, or thinking up "Here's how I would've done it" about various films or literary works. The hard part for me is a) applying that creativity to everything I do and b) enjoying what I create, instead of critiquing the hell out of it and redrafting it endlessly (which is why I've been working on the same novel for four years).

My mom is an SJ, too. Everything that you stated about your mom, I have to say is pretty true of mine. She will spend the entire day making up her own outlandish recipes. She has a real talent for cooking. I remember awhile back on one of my visits at her house she kept talking about how she wanted to decorate and update the house. I got frustrated because I'm not interested in talking about materialistic things.. but then I realized that my mom isn't materialistic--it's just her way of making everything nice and comfortable for everyone.

I can appreciate that talk from a creative point of view. I suppose I think of their terms in a more conceptual way and that stirs my imagination.
What drives me crazy is when my mom does the "he said, she said" talk. She accuses me of not being interested in people, but I am, just not in a gossipy way.

Not a drop of creative juices in me.

Not a drop of creative juices in me.
Everyone is creative. You just may not have found your outlet yet. I'm still discovering mine. It's there, you just have to learn to let it out. And once you start it, you're in for a great ride! :D

This is an interesting question, because how do we judge creativity? I would like to think I can be quite creative in language, poetry, but I'm not very creative in other arts such as drawing or painting. I'm fairly competent when giving a dramatic recital but not acting. I like photography and think that if I studied it, I would be a great nature photographer, but I'm not certain.

But the ultimate question in the end is, is how do we define creativity? Is something creative simply because others recognize it as so?

(oh, I wish I'd studied art . . .)

Last edited:
i think so :)

I definately think so.

Me may not be isfp artists, but I think we are somewhere up there. Just go look at the member's art thread!

I have been told I am creative many times, and I know I can be.