Are INFJs creative? | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs creative?

I think we're one of the more creative types. I don't think we're more creative than all the other types but we are certainly creative.

My creativity lies in writing, thinking of ideas, crafts, cooking, etc.

Sure, I believe we are creative, not most creative, but still very creative.

I think we are definitely creative. Not sure about "the most," but creative for sure.

I find that one of the main ways creativity manifests itself through me is in... hmm, how to explain this?... I guess you could say: breaking the rules. Doing the "wrong" thing to achieve a desired result.

Thinking outside the box, if you will.

Once I learn how to properly use a tool, or the "correct" process to go through to get from point A to point B, I find I'm pretty adept at turning that all upside down and finding completely new uses for the tool, or bypassing the process completely to get from point A to point B, or using the process in a twisted way to get from point A to point X.

I have a hunch other INFJs may be similarly adept, because that ability directly relates to being able to see "the big picture," so to speak, and looking at things from multiple perspectives.

I have been told since I was a child that I am extremely creative. It's gotten me into trouble many times.

I have a lot of creative thoughts and ideas. Not so good at manifesting them though. I'm alright when I put my mind to it.

No I'm not creative at all. I'm all about destruction! Fire pretty!

I might be joking.

No I'm not creative at all. I'm all about destruction! Fire pretty!

I might be joking.

From out of the fire and the ashes the Phoenix arises.
1phoenix1pp.jpg

Ah-mmm, ah-mmm, ah-mmm, ah-mmm

Well, I went to a dance just the other night
Everybody there was there
I said over and over and over again
This dance is gonna be a drag

All at once it happened
The prettiest in the world
I said a-won't you come over and a-talk to me
And be my girl
And be my girl
And be my girl

------ harmonica ------

She said she was sorry
And I was a little bit late
She would a-wait and a-wait and a-wait and a-wait
For her steady date
For her steady date
For her steady date

And the lotus flower rises from the muck to make beauty in search of Light it can only dream of while mired in mud! Ok I'll stop now... ::scoots over to share wavelength with mayflow::

I take pride in my creativity. It may be that I am self delutional, but I like to think I'm not. I write, paint and listen to/play music.

Last edited:
And the lotus flower rises from the muck to make beauty in search of Light it can only dream of while mired in mud! Ok I'll stop now... ::scoots over to share wavelength with mayflow::

Sits in quiet closed-eyed contemplation for a while.
Feels a sparkling new presence.
Moves to the side to make room.
Opens the lotus petals of the heart Chakra.
Opens eyes to see a precious new Jewel
appear in the Dharma-sky.
What a pretty night tonight
So many jewels - so many lights
It's nice to share wavelengths sometimes! :smile:

I'm not artistically creative but I do the fourish thing of reinventing myself either through imagination or actual integration of "soul renewal" lmao.

I think every one is creative in a different way, one type isnt necessarily more creative than another. But that is my uneducated guess.

I think every one is creative in a different way, one type isnt necessarily more creative than another. But that is my uneducated guess.
You're wrong. You see, as an SJ.. you are boring and haven't an original thought in your head.

(sarcasm.)

You're wrong. You see, as an SJ.. you are boring and haven't an original thought in your head.

I know. Yet you still keep calling me to invite me to parties.

I'm pretty damn creative. Sometimes too much so. I get pretty weird when my friends and I let our creativity go while.

But yeah; I draw/paint, play a couple instruments, write, and make up bizarre scenarios for things, among other creative endeavors that are rather scattered over humanities and arts.

I know. Yet you still keep calling me to invite me to parties.
Haha. Yes. I was only joking.. Merely being sarcastic about the negative stereotype towards the SJ temperament that I see people have on certain (not this one) mbti forums. You're definitely not boring at all. And I think you're creative as well, and usually--it's just not a party without your repartee.

Last edited: