Anyone seen INCEPTION yet? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Anyone seen INCEPTION yet?

No, it's a joke about his acting range.
He has the same facial expression in every movie, retarded.

Saw this today and I was blown away!

I enjoyed every second of it. It was a good idea, well done. The themes of the sub-conscious, the blurring lines between dream and reality, the architectural mapping of ones dreams by memory and inspiration was very well executed. For all the potential techno-babble and philosophical alienation, there is Leo's repressed sub-conscious dealings which give the film the weight of it's humanity (despite his sometimes unconvincing motivation to complete his mission).

The visual effects help tell the story, as opposed to being a distraction- which is best shown when Leo's character, Cobb, show's his future architect how to create a maze out of Paris (it's awesome :p).

The film seriously drags about 3/4's in but the conclusion is mind melding and satisfying! I thought it was awesome, go see it!

Last edited:
I'll probably see it eventually, not sure if I'll go to the cinemas to see it though.
I don't like Leo.

Nick and I are going to see it tomorrow at the IMAX! Yay! :mhula: I'm super excited.
smile_teeth.gif

Double post

Last edited:
Yep it was terrific, definitely the best movie I saw this year.
:mhula:

I saw it earlier today.

Basically, it's alright. I found nothing about it to be particularly amazing or interesting. The plot was sort of just an action flick disguised as something intellectual when really it's just an action flick. It's alright, well made enough and I have no complaints really, it's just nothing amazing or transforming in any way. The hype is just hype, but it's not a bad movie at all. I was expecting some cool plot twists and some thought provoking material but I didn't really go away from the film with any of that.

I heard people saying things like "oh I will have to watch this a few times" or "it's going to take a couple of watches to fully absorb things" but I honestly don't see anything more I'd get from watching it again.

I saw it a few days ago. I thought it did an excellent job with the willing suspension of disbelief, but it never really gave me any science. Also, it didn't show Ellen's legs enough. Other than that, it was amazing! I loved how the time plays out towards the end.

On a side note, this poem I wrote way before hearing of inception is somewhat reminiscent of the movie. It's about sleeping within a dream and not being able to wake up, being stuck within a world you built and tricked yourself into thinking it's real.

Yo dawg, I heard you like dreams and movies, so I put a dream in a dream in a dream in a dream in a movie so you can watch a dream in a dream in a dream in a dream while you watch a movie.

Reactions: Wyote
Don't read the spoilers until you've seen the movie unless want to ruin the surprise
I thought it was a decent movie. The premise is an intriguing one, and the special effects add to the film rather than becoming the focal point, but I'd hardly say it was spectacular, and I doubt if I will want to see it again. It brings up some interesting ponderings about reality, but did anyone else thing the storyline was really cheesy? I mean, Leo's character is sent to get information from one guy's dream, who then figures it out and kinda almost blackmails Leo into helping him dissolve a huge corporation to "protect the world from a giant power monopoly" when really the guy just wants his business to be able to compete? And then how do Leo and Ellen go from the fourth dream straight to limbo where the two dead guys are? Wouldn't they go to the fourth level, not straight there? And then, how does Leo go from wherever he and Ellen were with his wife further into the dream world or limbo to find the guy who hired them? To get to the right level, wouldn't he need a kick from the previous levels, and wouldn't all of the people who are able to kick him already be gone from them? Granted I kinda zoned out at the end, but if someone could explain the jump from the third dream at the snow place, to Leo's wife's house from limbo (which should only be the fourth level of the dream) and how the dead son got there but the Asian guy went somewhere else despite dying in the same dream as the son...and then how the Leo got to the Asian guy's level (presumably limbo) and then got back...I would appreciate it

DON'T REVEAL THE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET

Don't read the spoilers until you've seen the movie unless want to ruin the surprise
I thought it was a decent movie. The premise is an intriguing one, and the special effects add to the film rather than becoming the focal point, but I'd hardly say it was spectacular, and I doubt if I will want to see it again. It brings up some interesting ponderings about reality, but did anyone else thing the storyline was really cheesy? I mean, Leo's character is sent to get information from one guy's dream, who then figures it out and kinda almost blackmails Leo into helping him dissolve a huge corporation to "protect the world from a giant power monopoly" when really the guy just wants his business to be able to compete? And then how do Leo and Ellen go from the fourth dream straight to limbo where the two dead guys are? Wouldn't they go to the fourth level, not straight there? And then, how does Leo go from wherever he and Ellen were with his wife further into the dream world or limbo to find the guy who hired them? To get to the right level, wouldn't he need a kick from the previous levels, and wouldn't all of the people who are able to kick him already be gone from them? Granted I kinda zoned out at the end, but if someone could explain the jump from the third dream at the snow place, to Leo's wife's house from limbo (which should only be the fourth level of the dream) and how the dead son got there but the Asian guy went somewhere else despite dying in the same dream as the son...and then how the Leo got to the Asian guy's level (presumably limbo) and then got back...I would appreciate it

Well, I have to agree with you that the idea of doing all that dreaming just for the sake of breaking up an energy monopoly really is cheesy, but nevertheless I thought it was one of the better movies I'd seen in a while. Also, I might have an answer to the other half of your post.

I thought that in the fourth dream, Cobb was the dreamer (they were in fact in just another regular old dream reminiscent of the the actual limbo) and that Cobb actually dies a little while after the girl, Ariadne I think it was, leaves because of Mal stabbing him. Because of this, he actually goes to limbo, with the brilliance of using two different ages for Saito and Cobb because Saito died earlier, in the third dream. They then escape by shooting themselves (they couldn't have just died in an earlier level of the dreams, because they would have ended up in limbo and unable to escape without assistance. In Saito's case, Cobb was his assistance). The key thing to remember is that time is 'compounded' in dreams, so a few minutes becomes hours becomes years. That is why, I think, Cobb and Saito wake up only a few seconds after everyone else on the plane, despite Saito having been in limbo for decades. Just my two cents.

Actually, disregard all that text. An easier to understand example can be found here: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/An-Illustrated-Guide-To-The-5-Levels-Of-Inception-19643.html Just think of Cobb and Mal's house as being a level 4.5 Dream. At least, I think that's what it's supposed to be. It all blurs together in my mind now.

I hope this helped.

Oh I forgot to mention my thoughts on it. I say go see it if you haven't already, because it's probably the best movie you'll see this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf
No, it's a joke about his acting range.
He has the same facial expression in every movie, retarded.

Yeah I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

I am glad I am not crazy.

I will be seeing this movie by the end of this week. To me, Memento is a work of sheer brilliance-one of the most compelling and intricately-woven films I've ever seen. I hope that Inception does not disappoint. Thanks to the members who have posted reviews so far-interesting how some of us love it and others were not impressed.

I thought it was an ok movie, but it kept going back and forth between cool and stupid/cheesy. It had a whoooole lot of potential and brought up some very good points that I don't think most people would get, but so much of it took away from that by all the lingo and cheesy-ness. Definitely worth watching, but definitely not deserving of the extremely high ratings it's been getting.

It was a good movie although I couldnt lose myself in it. I would give it a B-

I liked it a lot, and now-a-days I've been noticing cinematography as much as the plot/acting, and this one really does an excellent job. The effects are superb, and I'm really interested in knowing how they did some of that stuff.

But yeah, this was definitely up my alley in movies, and I really liked the complexity of the plot.

I plan on seeing it....at some point lol hopefully it'll be good....but I'm pretty tough on films.

Dude i saw it it fucking rocks. Except some parts dont make sence

I loved the film :) It's one of the first in a very long time to really make me feel immersed (I actually realised how immersed I was getting and couldn't help grinning like a fool) and care about the story.
I was very worried in the first 5-10mins that it wasn't going to be much (main character with troubled past, ambiguous moral ground etc), but I really did like it.
I almost wish it had been longer, to give time to fully develop the characters (but then, I'm sure most people would have hated sitting through a 3 hour film...).

I plan on seeing it....at some point lol hopefully it'll be good....but I'm pretty tough on films.

There were at least a couple spots that I caught that didn't add up, but overall it is well worth the admission fee.

I loved the film :) It's one of the first in a very long time to really make me feel immersed (I actually realised how immersed I was getting and couldn't help grinning like a fool) and care about the story.
I was very worried in the first 5-10mins that it wasn't going to be much (main character with troubled past, ambiguous moral ground etc), but I really did like it.
I almost wish it had been longer, to give time to fully develop the characters (but then, I'm sure most people would have hated sitting through a 3 hour film...).

Agreed!