Anyone seen INCEPTION yet? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anyone seen INCEPTION yet?

I saw this and I have to say that it didn't really live up to the hype for me. I am pretty picky about movies. I felt that the characters and the emotional side of the story did not draw me in. It felt like I was watching a movie if you know what I mean and I didn't really get involved with the plot. I think the cinematography is gorgeous and its a very interesting idea. Could have been done better though in my opinion.

Watched it. I liked...mostly the ongoing machinations. The talk about subconscious and dreams and locked secrets and everything done to reach that...is pretty smart, IMO.

As for the plot ? Emotionally well-done and very simple. Kinda helps elevating the complicated machinations.
The characters? My only complain is that Ariadne didn't really get much characteristic except the talented ingenue and moral compass. Come to think about it, neither do most of the supporting characters. Except Saito. Saito is badass. For..
having able to hold on untreated pain of being shot in the chest THAT long
The actions? Kinda felt tacky, to be honest. >_>; It's....not bad, but it feels like they're just giving it for the sake of the people who'd expected something more.

Oh, I loved it - and yes, I finally got to see it today! :mlove2:

No spoilers below - promise. :D

See, I know me too well. If I see a trailer once and it sounds like a really interesting idea and/or premise, I will absolutely step away from all possible spoilers or reports or reviews, or what have you. I pretty much shut down anything that will take me from enjoying the experience. I don't want anyone telling me, "oh, that was the best thing ever!" , because I'll give it too much hype in my mind and I'll be disappointed. And I don't want anyone telling me "oh, it sucks" because I want to judge for myself (and I don't want to start nitpicking the movie before I've seen it).

"Inception", for what it is, is a good, intelligent, well-crafted summer movie. Will it give you a new plot you haven't seen before? Probably not, but very few movies can do that nowadays. Don't look at the hype and expect more of it, but don't listen to the naysayers and ignore it. It deserves to be seen on the larger screen.

Reactions: SPQR
I saw it. I liked it. I liked that people "didn't get it" because I feel like I got it just fine.

A GOOD movie. 4 out of 5 stars

The good:
- Ellen Page performance
- visual effects
- the overall plot idea
- Japan locations

The bad:
- Leo is playing himself yet AGAIN
- the plot sometimes pushes too far to be believable
- action scenes that had no meaning except passing time
- cheesy ending

The ugly:
- none

Similar titles: 13th floor, Matrix, Paprika

But here's something else I wondered- huge spoiler tag!:

The "cheesy" ending put a whole extra layer in it for me - my thought was, he might still be dreaming...and the ending was what he wanted, but it might not be reality. Saito was reaching for his gun in that final scene, but did he use it? It got me thinking he might still be asleep because the ending was so abrupt and neat.

The "cheesy" ending put a whole extra layer in it for me - my thought was, he might still be dreaming...and the ending was what he wanted, but it might not be reality. Saito was reaching for his gun in that final scene, but did he use it? It got me thinking he might still be asleep because the ending was so abrupt and neat.
Yeah, in a certain way it's very neat...
the ending feels like a dream, but given if the mission's successful (and they're not a dream), wasn't what happened be what would probably happened? But then, it's a trope based on knowledge of this kind of genre movies, so Christopher Nolan might have been playing with our heads here.

I saw it. I liked it. I liked that people "didn't get it" because I feel like I got it just fine.
I got to say I feel that way too *bragging ahoy!*. It's like, "whoa, whoa. WHOA." Then I looked beside me and everyone's either distracting themselves or looking with confusion and then I'm just putting a gleeful face while it's dark.

totemp1.jpg

Reactions: Wyote
I've just come back from watching it. It was absolutely amazing. From the graphics, to the acting to the story line. A million times better then the Matrix.
I was a little confused at first when I left the cinema but as soon as I came home, it clicked in my head. During the film when I was figuring out parts of the movie, I received some strange looks because I kept saying "aha!"

The plot is very much like this image;

stairs.jpg

Last edited:
wasnt the best film I have ever seen, but I certainly enjoyed it. There is so much happening at one time that it really gave me something to sink my teeth into. Most movies under stimulate, this one tried to go the opposite direction and it might lose some people but its concepts were not really so new...

It was like combining Nightmare on Elm street with the Matrix in a way.

I wanna watch it!!!!!

but I don't have time to watch it!!! :( :m142::m192::m169:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Inception Music Comparison[/ame]

How do you make things with a spoiler alert? I don't see the button.

How do you make things with a spoiler alert? I don't see the button.

Use the spoiler tag.

[spolier] Xyxyxyxyxy [/spolier]

Note: I misspelled the tag so I could show you the code.

You don't have to misspell spoiler at all =D[/spoiler]

I wondered what the point of Cobb's totem was. He said he used it because it wouldn't stop spinning in dreams. But if you tell everyone that, won't they know that's what you're looking for and architect it appropriately? Not to mention, he lets Saito pick it up in Limbo.

His kids were another flag in my mind. They never changed at all. When he meets them again, it's just exactly like when he left them. He continued exactly where he left off. Sort of makes me wonder if the whole film was just him trying to come to grips with Mal's death and accepting it.

On a related note about DiCaprio and previous films

illneverletgojack.jpg

I wondered what the point of Cobb's totem was. He said he used it because it wouldn't stop spinning in dreams. But if you tell everyone that, won't they know that's what you're looking for and architect it appropriately? Not to mention, he lets Saito pick it up in Limbo.

His kids were another flag in my mind. They never changed at all. When he meets them again, it's just exactly like when he left them. He continued exactly where he left off. Sort of makes me wonder if the whole film was just him trying to come to grips with Mal's death and accepting it.

And that's one key as well - did he really return, or is he still dreaming? Is his brain mush, like the movie mentioned? I don't think the architect could account for the totem, though. They don't change small things, just big, maze-y things. At least, that was more my observation.

And I totally agree with you on his kids. They were *exactly* the same, right down to turning around to see him. Unless he was psychic, those kids were wearing the EXACT SAME CLOTHES. Same hair, clothes, demeanor...rings all sorts of fishy alarms. The theme running as a current in the movie was definitely about him coming to terms with Mal's death, but that was complete near the climax. So it makes me wonder if that was the ultimate goal of the movie, or not. That's one reason why the ending seemed cheesy, because it happened so fast. But to me, that's an extremely "dreamlike" experience, and not real. There's room for a sequel, if you ask me. Maybe we'll get that question answered. :D

Total A+ from me; one of the best things I've seen in the last several years.

i'm thinking of seeing this.

the end was amazing and hearthbreaking. The whole room was holding there breath while looking at the spinning totem and when the scene stopped before knowing if it was goingt of fall, there was a sigh of disappointment :D

the end was exactly the same as what we had seen before, when he left his childeren. They where indeed wearing the same and I thought they sounded older when they talked on the phone. You would expect them to be older after he has been away for so long don't you? ...

I think he was indeed still dreaming. and that made me wonder if the whole movie wasn't a dream in a dream. That he is just somewhere sleeping/dreaming and created this whole story as a way to get back to his childeren. Like he too has given up reality.

I liked the whole Mal thing, it is what made the movie more deep and emotional. I think it was a very nice combination of mind and emotion and the emotions where spot on IMO.

can anyone explain why the scene between leo and saito in limbo was the same as the opening scene?