Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give Jesus one bit of credit...he was never down on gays. Considering how obsessed Christians are nowadays with the "homosexual agenda" you would think he said boatloads about it, but he never uttered a word against gays.

Good for you guys for believing in something. Just make sure that it remains personal and that you don't make it your mission to "save" others. Many Christians I've met don't realize that others may not share their definition of salvation.

The problem there is that in the Bible it commands Christians to witness to others. Obviously though, i would not witness to people like you, or someone like Shai, as it wouldnt be any use.

I will give Jesus one bit of credit...he was never down on gays. Considering how obsessed Christians are nowadays with the "homosexual agenda" you would think he said boatloads about it, but he never uttered a word against gays.

Romans 1:26-32 (NIV)
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

That is the other thing I love about Christianity.

Hundreds of denominations and they are all the "one and correct path". So you could "correctly" choose to be Christian but still choose the wrong denomination and end up in hell anyways. :mpick:

Thats not true. If youre a true Christian (ie: you absolutely love Jesus) Then no matter what denomination, you go to heaven. That includes people that dont go to church....but it obviously has to be legit love for Jesus.

Actually, the vast majority of them don't; it's just a bad stereotype. I also know the Pope most certainly does not claim that.

I may have been reading wrong. But you believe the Pope thinks you can get to heaven through other means than Catholicism?

Because i would disagree...Catholics are very...ehhh. Close-minded?

Romans 1:26-32 (NIV)
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I knew the kid would pop his head out if I said the right thing.

And not one of those verses was spoken by Jesus.

Now if you want to play, then just drop by http://forum.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=139

But I warn ya, little kiddies probably shouldn't play with the big boys. :mpick:

After all, Jesus did say, "Don't cast your pearls before swine."

Last edited:

Now if you want to play, then just drop by http://forum.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=139

But I warn ya, little kiddies probably shouldn't play with the big boys. :mpick:

Wow, such hostility towards a man who has simply attempted in his own way desperately to salvage what is left of his thread after it has been smashed by so many unfounded accusations and horrible stereotypes. Good Lord! The man just asked if there are any Christians on here, and you want to debate with him about a God you don't know. The problem here is that the Jesus you are talking about and the Jesus he is talking about are two completely different individuals. ShadowoftheMoon, in light of that I urge you not to enter into that fruitless game. It is merely a quarrel over words, which many have an unhealthy interest in.
Now, ShadowoftheMoon,
To answer your first post, I am a brother and an INFJ. I would be interested in conversing with you soon.

Wow, such hostility...

No hostility, just a friendly challenge. If he is going to use the Bible to condemn others then he should be ready to defend that word.

In his first few posts on this forum he argued that science is Satan's tool to distract minds and he insinuated that Islam is a lesser path by offering to convert one of the board's members who he thought was Muslim. He then went about creating this thread which some members have commented is bordering on offensive to them. His approach has been to preach from the very beginning, so I reserve the right to express my own beliefs in return. I did so in this thread with my views on homosexuality and he answered by posting scripture which had no relevance to what I said, thereby continuing his sermon unabated. So as not to further derail his thread, I offered him an alternative thread in which to continue our discussion but with a clear warning that I don't intend to pull any punches just because he is younger.

If you feel that is hostile then just read the last line in my last post where I requited him of any obligation to continue the discussion with me if he felt it was a waste of his time.

Last edited:
Ooops, sorry ShadeofthMoon for mispelling your username in my previous post.

Reactions: Satya
Ooops, sorry ShadeofthMoon for mispelling your username in my previous post.

And not to interrupt your ignoring, but had you actually read this thread then you would know that I was very into Jesus when I was Shade's age. So your insult that I don't know God was very unwarranted and incredibly rude coming from somebody who claims that I'm being hostile. I'm finding that hypocrisy runs very thick with some Christians.

And not to interrupt your ignoring, but had you actually read this thread then you would know that I was very into Jesus when I was Shade's age. So your insult that I don't know God was very unwarranted and incredibly rude coming from somebody who claims that I'm being hostile. I'm finding that hypocrisy runs very thick with some Christians.

Christians are very hypocritical. We have to be, we love someone who is perfect, and He commands us to live like Him, we teach everyone else to live like Him, but no one can, its impossible to be perfect...hence hypocrisy.

But yes, i know when to stop...and going into that board is where i will stop. Why play with the "big boys" knowing you cant win? It would be pointless. I dont enjoy twisting words to please or win arguments...what win is that?

Have a good one, I will pray for you.

Oh and yes...NobleKnight was correct. You know no God of mine. If you were once "very into jesus at Shade's age" it was the wrong man.

Oh and yes...NobleKnight was correct. You know no God of mine. If you were once "very into jesus at Shade's age" it was the wrong man.

I'm afraid you don't know what I use to believe or how I got to the position I am now, but I can tell you that it was Christians like yourself who helped me here. People who close their minds to everything but the Bible and seek to impose shame on all those they deem to be living outside the word, while judging everyone who takes alternative paths to be misguided. In a world where most people are historically and social scientifically ignorant, it saddens me to see people come forth arrogantly proclaiming they know "the Truth" because they tout a 2,000 year old book which they hardly follow but use to condemn anyone they hold a bias or prejudice against.

If you wish to pray for me, then pray that I have the patience to endure those who are proud of their ignorance.

I'm sorry if you were offended by fellow posters, however this isn't a christian forum, it's an INFJ forum. Some, if not most of the members here are indeed christian, but how you posed the original statement could easily be deemed offensive by those who are not as... evangelistic as yourself.

Here are a few good forums if you'd really like to talk about Christianity as you are currently without receiving offense.

http://www.christianforums.net
http://www.christianteenforums.com/
http://christianfellowshipforum.com/

Although there's no reason you can't continue talking in the same manner, but just keep in mind that certain members here get very militant about their beliefs and attack each other constantly (on in the appropriate threads) in that manner.

Quoted for relevance.

This is not a religious forum, feel free to debate theology but be prepared to accept that others do not share the same beliefs and that their beliefs may be offensive to you as yours may be to them, if this is uncomfortable for anyone then it is best not to engage in these topics.

I'm afraid you don't know what I use to believe or how I got to the position I am now, but I can tell you that it was Christians like yourself who helped me here. People who close their minds to everything but the Bible and seek to impose shame on all those they deem to be living outside the word, while judging everyone who takes alternative paths to be misguided. In a world where most people are historically and social scientifically ignorant, it saddens me to see people come forth arrogantly proclaiming they know "the Truth" because they tout a 2,000 year old book which they hardly follow but use to condemn anyone they hold a bias or prejudice against.

If you wish to pray for me, then pray that I have the patience to endure those who are proud of their ignorance.

I shall pray for this then...as it is obviously needed. Calm yourself.

And please dont come back with a post saying "i am calm" or something of the sort...as obviously, you have emotions that speak otherwise.

If there comes an appropriate place for a thread split, I think it might be in order. This looks like a bona fide debate forming, though the topic is a bit hazy as of yet.

Do continue meanwhile.

*Not speaking as an admin*

I shall pray for this then...as it is obviously needed. Calm yourself.

And please dont come back with a post saying "i am calm" or something of the sort...as obviously, you have emotions that speak otherwise.

I think that is a silly piece of ad hominem. I suggest you address the points instead of accusing excessive emotion. I have seen much of the same among INTJs, and frankly it's inappropriate. Being an F does not exclude rational thought.

Quoted for relevance.

This is not a religious forum, feel free to debate theology but be prepared to accept that others do not share the same beliefs and that their beliefs may be offensive to you as yours may be to them, if this is uncomfortable for anyone then it is best not to engage in these topics.

Haha i realize this. I like how i make one comment of my age, and everyone treats me ignorant...i mean i am, more so than most adults i suppose...but on this stuff....eh. Yeah, i can handle it.

*Not speaking as an admin*

I think that is a silly piece of ad hominem. I suggest you address the points instead of accusing excessive emotion. I have seen much of the same among INTJs, and frankly it's inappropriate. Being an F does not exclude rational thought.

I understand...but his anger is unjust.

This is the kind of challenge to an argument I can appreciate

but satya please, this bit was unnecessary... "little kiddies shouldn't play with the big boys"? Why not? I've always sparred with my (currently) 13 year old cousin since he was 7 years old, and verbally sparred with him and his sister, priests and bishops and archbishops all my life. Even if you lose you still learn something and your understanding comes away with a lot more strength, even if it's been changed.

For that reason I've never believed in playing sports with "handicaps".

Status
Not open for further replies.