Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand...but his anger is unjust.

It's frustration from years of experience. You are getting a taste of it because you made some of the same quick judgements and uninformed statements that Satya has been plagued by.
If you really want to win converts for Christ, perhaps start being persuasive and open-minded instead of telling people what they do or don't know and believe.

Reactions: Satya
It's frustration from years of experience. You are getting a taste of it because you made some of the same quick judgements and uninformed statements that Satya has been plagued by.
If you really want to win converts for Christ, perhaps start being persuasive and open-minded instead of telling people what they do or don't know and believe.

I dont want to convert anyone...I never said that. Other then Shai Gar...and i think i put a smile face or something...as i was joking.

And im just to tell him he doesnt know my God...as he doesnt...obviously.

I dont want to convert anyone...I never said that. Other then Shai Gar...and i think i put a smile face or something...as i was joking.

It was an assumption I made. Incorrect, apparently, but I thought an "extreme lover-of-jesus" would pursue Christ's mandate on a forum just as in real life.

And im just to tell him he doesnt know my God...as he doesnt...obviously.

How do you define "your God?"

It was an assumption I made. Incorrect, apparently, but I thought an "extreme lover-of-jesus" would purse Christ's mandate on a forum just as in real life.

How do you define "your God?"

Jesus did not attempt to convert the non-convertable. There is no use of simply throwing verses out of a book that the other person doesnt agree to. Neither will win an argument. Romans 9:22-onwards...not everyone is supposed to be converted.

He knows no details other then the name of my God...or so he has revealed...therefore...he knows not my God.

but satya please, this bit was unnecessary... "little kiddies shouldn't play with the big boys"? Why not? I've always sparred with my (currently) 13 year old cousin since he was 7 years old, and verbally sparred with him and his sister, priests and bishops and archbishops all my life. Even if you lose you still learn something and your understanding comes away with a lot more strength, even if it's been changed.

For that reason I've never believed in playing sports with "handicaps".

I was trying to give him fair warning but I acknowledge the way I worded it was more instigating that necessary. Reading it now I can see that the jab at is age was less than appropriate. I apologize for that.

Perhaps I was mistakenly thinking that I could provoke him into discussion, but it is clear that it comes off as hostile given the context.

He knows no details other then the name of my God...or so he has revealed...therefore...he knows not my God.

Fair enough, I won't know for sure if the Jesus I knew is the same as the Jesus you know until you have laid out your beliefs. I'll refrain from judgment in the matter until you do so.

The man Jesus is exactly the same. You're both just reading him wrong. He was a prophet come to tell of my divinity.

The man Jesus is exactly the same. You're both just reading him wrong. He was a prophet come to tell of my divinity.

Ah, I must have missed that part. But given that any interpretation has just as much relevance as any other, I'll have to hear your case as well before I judge whether I believe it is true or not. This subjective, intuitive stuff can be so bothersome since it lacks any way to verify how accurate it is outside of gut feelings which are generally derived from how a person was socialized and raised from birth. In essence, you could provide a perfectly reasonable argument for why Jesus was telling of your divinity, but if it doesn't coincide with the values and conceptions that have essentially been programmed into my mind from birth by my family and peers, then I will be compelled to reject your claim based solely on those concepts which were imprinted on me outside of my freewill. Religion is such a sticky business since the interpretation of such seems to be based more on where one was born and whom they associated before becoming cognizant than on anything that has to do with reason or knowledge. Reason and knowledge only seem to come into the equation as a means of selectively perceiving that information that coincides with those imprinted concepts and ignoring that which doesn't. Almost seems like it is a lottery to me.

Last edited:
This has been a very interesting read. I cannot add anything, I feel, that would improve the general atmosphere. Most of the already established members know how far I am willing to go with debate, and this has reached levels that are unhealthy for Kwiss, so I will just read, I think, and wonder.

Jesus did not attempt to convert the non-convertable. There is no use of simply throwing verses out of a book that the other person doesnt agree to. Neither will win an argument. Romans 9:22-onwards...not everyone is supposed to be converted.

Christians are very hypocritical. We have to be, we love someone who is perfect, and He commands us to live like Him, we teach everyone else to live like Him, but no one can, its impossible to be perfect...hence hypocrisy.

Hmmm....Looking back at history, plenty of His followers have felt compelled to convert others...by what ever means they felt necessary.

And you haven't revealed details about your god either. So I guess we know not your god as well. How about putting down some definates instead of abstracts for the rest of us. While your debating style might accept emotions and nebulosity as incontestable rightness, here logic or at least a description that we can wrap our minds around whether or not we resonate with the emotions invoked by it is appreciated.

Then going on and telling some one to calm themselves? You started this thread out in such a way that it raised my hackles (and possibly not only mine), which is no mean feat since I consider religion to be an intensely personal matter and basically disregard most of the conversations about it I come across. 'Extreme Lover of Jesus'? That is basically drawing a line in the sand in order to find out who is on your side. If you are going to make statements and comments that by their very nature are going to engage anothers emotions, at least have the consideration to find out WHY the other party is reacting so strongly.

You accuse others of disregarding you due to age? But at the same time you are engaging in the same act through religion. How many of us here are going to be disregarded by you because we hold very different theological beliefs?

As for the perfection comment, unless I am mistaken there are like 20 some years of Jesus' life NOT published in the Bible? 20 Years that his every move, word, action, etc wasn't recorded (or at least published) by the disciples who followed him all those years. So how can you assume that he lived in a state of absolute perfection? What is your definition of perfection?

Wow, such hostility towards a man who has simply attempted in his own way desperately to salvage what is left of his thread after it has been smashed by so many unfounded accusations and horrible stereotypes. Good Lord! The man just asked if there are any Christians on here, and you want to debate with him about a God you don't know. The problem here is that the Jesus you are talking about and the Jesus he is talking about are two completely different individuals. ShadowoftheMoon, in light of that I urge you not to enter into that fruitless game. It is merely a quarrel over words, which many have an unhealthy interest in.
Now, ShadowoftheMoon,
To answer your first post, I am a brother and an INFJ. I would be interested in conversing with you soon.

NobleKnight~ First of all, while this thread did go off tangent, so do a lot of the threads here. But usually someone will bring it back on track. This then became a discussion over interpetation. Which is what religion is based off of. Interpetation. There have been several requests for enlightenment of Shade's interpetations. And he didn't just ask if there were any Christians....he used a profoundly descriptive adjective. He's looking for 'Extreme Lovers of Jesus', not just Christians. Which to my mind is a whole different subset of personality types.

Satya~ On my read through of the new posts, I originally interpeted the 'little kiddies' comment in an educational light.

But I can see how it was taken as a literal age comment rather than an educational level. It would be like me debating the merits of various computer stuff with pretty much anyone (i.e. I couldn't even begin to compete). Pity it got taken the wrong way...although I do agree that handicaps tend to inflate a persons perception of their own ability.

Hmmm....Looking back at history, plenty of His followers have felt compelled to convert others...by what ever means they felt necessary.

And you haven't revealed details about your god either. So I guess we know not your god as well. How about putting down some definates instead of abstracts for the rest of us. While your debating style might accept emotions and nebulosity as incontestable rightness, here logic or at least a description that we can wrap our minds around whether or not we resonate with the emotions invoked by it is appreciated.

Then going on and telling some one to calm themselves? You started this thread out in such a way that it raised my hackles (and possibly not only mine), which is no mean feat since I consider religion to be an intensely personal matter and basically disregard most of the conversations about it I come across. 'Extreme Lover of Jesus'? That is basically drawing a line in the sand in order to find out who is on your side. If you are going to make statements and comments that by their very nature are going to engage anothers emotions, at least have the consideration to find out WHY the other party is reacting so strongly.

You accuse others of disregarding you due to age? But at the same time you are engaging in the same act through religion. How many of us here are going to be disregarded by you because we hold very different theological beliefs?

As for the perfection comment, unless I am mistaken there are like 20 some years of Jesus' life NOT published in the Bible? 20 Years that his every move, word, action, etc wasn't recorded (or at least published) by the disciples who followed him all those years. So how can you assume that he lived in a state of absolute perfection? What is your definition of perfection?

NobleKnight~ First of all, while this thread did go off tangent, so do a lot of the threads here. But usually someone will bring it back on track. This then became a discussion over interpetation. Which is what religion is based off of. Interpetation. There have been several requests for enlightenment of Shade's interpetations. And he didn't just ask if there were any Christians....he used a profoundly descriptive adjective. He's looking for 'Extreme Lovers of Jesus', not just Christians. Which to my mind is a whole different subset of personality types.

Satya~ On my read through of the new posts, I originally interpeted the 'little kiddies' comment in an educational light.

But I can see how it was taken as a literal age comment rather than an educational level. It would be like me debating the merits of various computer stuff with pretty much anyone (i.e. I couldn't even begin to compete). Pity it got taken the wrong way...although I do agree that handicaps tend to inflate a persons perception of their own ability.

Haha...good attempt. I will add you to my prayer list. This literally brought tears to my eyes i was so sad.

Oh well, i shall continue repeating Romans 9:22 in my head.

I do not think i will continue on in this thread...as its not the intentions i had from the beginning. I was simply asking, in my terms, whether there were people here who were serious Christians, serious witht heir faith, etc. If i offended people by the way i said that, im sorry. Especially you Alycone. I also apologize for my horrible argumentative skills, as they cannot come close to matching the awesome logic used within your own arguments.

It doesnt matter anyways, ive already found who i was searching for.

Good day?

Well... if you're going to quote things jesus didn't actually say...

Colossians 3:18 said:
18 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Ephesians 5:22 - 24 said:
22 Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of his wife just as Christ is head of the church, he himself the savior of the body.
24 As the church is subordinate to Christ, so wives should be subordinate to their husbands in everything
1 Timothy 2:11-14 said:
11 Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection.
12 But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve;
14 and Adam was not beguiled, but the woman being beguiled hath fallen into transgression

I say, If a woman is to hold the bible as the word of god, and strive to follow god, then she should never attempt to tell me anything. I've got other arguments for men. However this one is just so damned good for attacking uppity Christian women

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is possibly one of the most superlative arguments against religion that I've ever seen.

Hmmm….suppose ShadeoftheMoon was a devout atheist and began his post with, “Are there any hardcore atheists on here?” I bet all of you would put up with him well enough. You would no doubt strike up a conversation with him about how cool it is to not believe in the existence of deities who constantly prick your conscience, how irrational and utterly stupid religion is, etc. etc. I also bet that the thread would be devoid of any Christians popping in randomly to voice how offended they were by his question. This is just speculation though. Perhaps if he was a New Ager or a Post-Modernist? My point is, the fact that a majority of the replies were posted by those who for various reasons (no doubt some of them are pretty valid and some of them are not at all) have something against Christianity in general, or some aspect of Christian behavior, or both, betrays the fact that these individuals were already prejudiced against ShadeoftheMoon before he posted. Yes, I have read all the previous conversations between him and others on this forum (at least the ones that are not private of course) and all I have seen is much of this same prejudice from the start. My goodness, I don’t even know why this thread is continuing especially after Shade’s last post in which he even apologized and stated that he was done with the thread. Personal note to Shade- Please be really done with this thread and post no more to it.
[FONT=&quot] Anyways, I am convinced of the innocent nature of Shade’s original post on this thread. But more so than that, I am convinced that these negative replies to it sound more like personal problems to me than anything else. Oh but wait, this is after all a “free country” right. We can say whatever we want, right? Sounds like a double standard to me. But, I hope we can all see past our prejudices and biases on this forum and not post to threads that we don’t need to post to.[/FONT]

Well... if you're going to quote things jesus didn't actually say...

I say, If a woman is to hold the bible as the word of god, and strive to follow god, then she should never attempt to tell me anything. I've got other arguments for men. However this one is just so damned good for attacking uppity Christian women

Shai Gar, I suggest you go and read through a thread posted by Satya in the Humanities section entitled “God is a sexist, homophobic, proslavery, sadistic murderer”. Wherein, he and Kwistalline have a conversation about certain things in the scriptures, and Kwistalline does an excellent job of putting these verses and others in their proper context. This brings me to my point. If you are going to quote scriptures from the Bible to make an argument for or against something, you had better do so from a basis of actual knowledge of the context for those verses. I thought I cautioned you about taking things out of context before. But I will go ahead and explain what these verses actually mean and how they, as well as the rest of the Bible, will not help you in your argument against “uppity Christian women”.
First of all, you have to understand that the text of the Bible was written within the context of a culture and time period that dealt with the various complexities of social structure, interrelation between male and female, etc. in very different way than our cultures do. Obviously, in your culture and my culture, we don’t have as solid a dividing line between the statuses of males and females. But they did. I could try to explain the history of why that came to be but that is for another thread. Now, the author of those verses, which is the apostle Paul, is also writing these instructions within the context of the rest of scripture (All the way from Genesis up until his time). He understands that when Adam and Eve sinned against God by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, God put a different curse on each of them, one for the male and one for the female. It is the understanding of the nature of this curse and how it affected Eve and her progeny that is the key to understanding why Paul believed it was necessary to write these things. I know you may not believe any of this actually happened but, like I said, if you are going to use text from something, you need to know what it is talking about. Just so you know I am not making this up, read Genesis ch. 3 and you will see this curse I am talking about. Ok, here it goes (takes a deep breath). So God creates male and female in His image (ch. 1 verses 26-27). This means that Adam and Eve bore the image of God, each by themselves but more extensively in how they related to each other. Once again, you may not believe any of this, but this is how all of the pieces fit. If you consider the idea of God creating the heavens and the earth, then this God must be very interested in beautiful things and almost limitless variety. Hence, such a diverse and beautiful world in its features, its shape, and its inhabitants. I am going somewhere with this. So God’s final act in creation is to create Eve, as if she is somewhat of the pinnacle of it all. This is important because it demonstrates the fact that she is created to ultimately display certain aspects of God’s character, namely His beauty and how He wants to relate to us. Males of course also bare His image, but in a different way which I can explain later if you want. Think about it. The lives of women are centered around relationship. They can’t stop talking about it. It is simultaneously their source of greatest strength and the source of their greatest sorrow, depending on how it turns out. And it is precisely this area that God curses Eve in. Why? I sincerely want to ask Him when I see Him, that is if I don’t find out before hand. I speculate it is because, through her sin, she demonstrated that she didn’t trust God, that He was somehow holding out on her. She simply wasn’t satisfied with that image she bore and wanted to trust the lie more than it. Because she bought into the lie, God knew he could not trust her with that image. So God had to curse her in this area of relationship to her husband because in her present fallen state, she could not bare the image properly and thus could not relate to Adam as she was created. To say that God cursed Adam and Eve is not really bringing anything new apart from the natural consequences of their disobedience. He is simply making them “official”.
Now that the background is set, here we are with Paul. He recognizes that all of this happened and is showing the early Christians how they can be restored to the original image rather than continue to suffer the affects of the curse. He recognizes that through Eve’s sin, all women after her will not trust God in the area of relationships and will seek to have authority over men. They just will not accept the fact that men will rule over them. For this reason, the hardest thing for a woman to do now is trust a man. And with good reason too. Man is pretty screwed up from the curse as well and often takes the whole “headship” thing way too far. Man and woman were meant to live in harmony together, in a mutually submissive state (of course you left out verse 19 from your Colossians 3 quote, though it goes hand in hand with verse 18). But since the fall, there has always been enmity between them. God, through Paul is trying to reconcile them back together in the same way that He is trying to reconcile us back to Him.
Finally, if you are going to quote any more commandments from the Bible, whether by God, Jesus, apostles, Moses, etc, you have to understand the true relationship between the Old Testament and the New Testament. First off, the latter does not simply supersede or nullify the former. Everything in the Old Testament is a shadow, or a lesser representation of what is written in the New Testament. Everything in the Old Testament pointed to Christ and what He ultimately will accomplish (you can read Colossians 2:17, Hebrews 8:5, and Hebrews 10:1 to see what I am saying). My point is, the law (being the ten commandments, the civil law and moral law) given to Moses in the Old Testament was never meant to restore God’s people back to Him. It was only a shadow of the new covenant He made in the New Testament. This is why Jesus said, “You have heard that it is WRITTEN, do not murder. But I say to you, if you have hatred in your heart towards your brother, then you have already committed murder in your heart.” There is “written law” given in the old testament, but there is the intent that was behind it. This is what Jesus is drawing attention to. Likewise, when Paul wrote those words you quoted, the spirit in which they were written was to help the women of his culture combat the affects of the curse. Now, though we live in a completely different culture and time frame, the spirit and intent behind these instructions still apply, even though the means may be different. The objective is still to help the women in our cultures combat the affects of the curse and regain the image of God they once bore without taint.
[FONT=&quot] Now, as far as those “uppity Christian women” you speak of, unless you are married to one, I see no reason why said female should not instruct, warn, correct, rebuke, or even chastise you up one end and down the other, that is if she has superior knowledge and experience over you in a particular area of life or study. I for one, welcome the instruction of a woman in some matters, even ones that I am particularly prideful in; as they usually see the things that I do not. I hope that helped. [/FONT]

Being an atheist, and being not Christian are not the same thing.

wow wall of text maybe some paragraphs would be helpful here

Sorry about that. I'm not that savvy when it comes to computer stuff. I used paragraphs when I typed it in the reply box. Not sure why they didn't transpose to the finished post.

Hmmm….suppose ShadeoftheMoon was a devout atheist and began his post with, “Are there any hardcore atheists on here?” I bet all of you would put up with him well enough. You would no doubt strike up a conversation with him about how cool it is to not believe in the existence of deities who constantly prick your conscience, how irrational and utterly stupid religion is, etc. etc. I also bet that the thread would be devoid of any Christians popping in randomly to voice how offended they were by his question.

Depends how much hate the Atheist was promoting I suppose.

This is just speculation though. Perhaps if he was a New Ager or a Post-Modernist? My point is, the fact that a majority of the replies were posted by those who for various reasons (no doubt some of them are pretty valid and some of them are not at all) have something against Christianity in general, or some aspect of Christian behavior, or both, betrays the fact that these individuals were already prejudiced against ShadeoftheMoon before he posted. Yes, I have read all the previous conversations between him and others on this forum (at least the ones that are not private of course) and all I have seen is much of this same prejudice from the start.

...and why wouldn't we have something against it? you can't just go round promoting hate unchecked.

NobleNight:

I agree that the bible is largely irrelevant and is choc full of archaic cultural bias and should therefore not be taken seriously by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.