Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you guys for believing in something. Just make sure that it remains personal and that you don't make it your mission to "save" others. Many Christians I've met don't realize that others may not share their definition of salvation.

This is something that i agree with, whiles yes i am an atheist, never believed, never will do. i don't have any problem with people who do believe, also don't have a problem with people expressing their beliefs. i do tho have a problem with people who try and convert me

And while i understand religon has done alot of good things for the world(relief efforts, charity), it has also done alot of bad things(war, religious killings, etc).

anyway these are all my personal views and don't reflect on how the forum with be run.

Now as for the status of the thread as shai said this is not a christian forum, however it is a discussion forum and this is a valid topic of discussion, so i'll keep the thread open but only if its stays civil, if it turn into a bashing thread i'll close it then.

Ya know, topics like this make me a bit uncomfortable. At least in the way this was phrased. Almost like there is about to be a judgement made based on how one answers.

Heh, actually I was a bit unsure about whether to post at first too, not because y'all would judge me but because it's such a...delicate question? Anyway I hope Jesus will believe I ain't bullshitting :)

From a young age, before I even knew fully what Jesus was all about, I had an special affinity with him. Don't know how to adequately explain it but every time I would hear or think of Jesus I was sort of mentally brought down to my knees and instantaneously found myself reverent about everything he represented.

I believe because even if Jesus never existed I will still be thankful for forgiveness, the living symbol of martyrdom with faith in our transformation under his guidance, so in that respect I do feel "saved" and blessed by the strengthening relationship I was lucky enough to gravitate towrds. The idea that anyone could have such unconditional love to sacrifice themselves for humanity under such ruthless circumstances is just awe-inspiring. He didn't just die for us, he lived for us too and his teachings are certainly valuable to my life.

I'm not too concerned with objective truth because I don't believe I can know in this lifetime, I just need a healthy point of focus and inspiration, which I have found within Christ.

You know what's ironic? the good ol' I Never Found Jesus acronym :D

Last edited:
I'll make a confession.

When I was a teenager I was a Jesus Freak and hard core Libertarian. Strangely, those are the two types of people I seem to argue with most now. I gave up on the Bible once I realized how contradictory and hypocritical it was. I have respect for those who wish to live a moral life and have a personal relationship with their creator, but when they take it so literally that they close their minds to their fellow human beings and the world around them, I just sense a great deal of pity and dread. That is why people like Kwist redeem that religion for me.

:D I was never a libertarian as a kid, though I was a hardcore jesus freak as well. I believed in the divine mandate of kings to rule, since that's what they taught in the bible. I also believed I was one of those kings.

Some things never change.

My parents took me to church, put me through Sunday school, made me sit through the sermons, etc....But I was never comfortable with what was preached or taught. I was very sensitive to the hypocrisy from a very young age and eventually I decided that I would stop believing/worshiping the Christian God.

Well, after a few years of that I realized Aetheism didn't suit well either. Something just felt missing inside....Can't really explain it.

And then I made a friend who was a Wiccan. I started learning and found a religious structure that sated my need for religion. I am not a Wiccan per se, but I am Pagan. Polytheistic in the sense that I recognize two separate powers, one masculine one feminine, and I revere the Earth itself. And I found a place that made me comfortable.

"Paganism" is amusingly hypocritical as well. None of the traditional European religions ever called themselves that. Christianity and Judaism used "Pagan" as an insult.

"Paganism" is amusingly hypocritical as well. None of the traditional European religions ever called themselves that. Christianity and Judaism used "Pagan" as an insult.

Okay, how about polytheist then. I use Pagan to give a general framework for others to understand what my belief strutcure is.

And just because Judiaism and Christianity used it as an insult doesn't mean it actually is. After all, at times in history it was an insult to be called a Jew as well.

No. Pagan is a word that only has function as an insult. That's its entire reason for being. It evolved from a latin root word which literally meant "Back Country Hick".

Polytheist works better. But that doesnt say much, it's like a Christian saying "Hi, I'm a monotheist", sure it's true, but so are zorastrians, muslims, jews and pastafarians.

um...I'm definitely a Christian...but I don't affiliate myself with any denomination.

There is no concensus on the latin translation of the term paganus. There are at least three different definitions.

The country bumpkin 'hick' that you know
Military description for civilians
a all purpose designation for outsiders (as in foreign nationals)

um...I'm definitely a Christian...but I don't affiliate myself with any denomination.

That is the other thing I love about Christianity.

Hundreds of denominations and they are all the "one and correct path". So you could "correctly" choose to be Christian but still choose the wrong denomination and end up in hell anyways. :mpick:

Only a few very radical denominations (i.e. heretical sects) claim exclusivity like that.

Actually, the vast majority of them don't; it's just a bad stereotype. I also know the Pope most certainly does not claim that.

Last one did, and as we know through study of Vatican II documents, the word of the pope is infallible.

I find the word "extreme" next to anything to do with religion a bit scary. I don't want to generalize though.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.