Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Anyone here a extreme lover-of-Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wasn't chewing you out or anything. I just couldn't see the point of taking that one line out of context and then defining tolerance. I see now that you were simply clarifying your position. Forgive me if I came off as harsh. :mD:

I did take it as harshness; glad I was mistaken :)

Could you tell me more? I'm not really sure I know what you mean. In any case, I don't see what that has to do with my point. My point is, if he was anything other than a Christian or someone who believes that the Bible is the word of God, he would not have been met with such criticism. Yes, he could have handled the situation better, but he did apologies. He probably felt pretty confused by the negative responses, as if he was being convicted for the crimes committed by someone else and wasn't even sure what he was being convicted of. When someone gets angry at me for something that I am oblivious to, I tend to get defensive too and say things to rashly without understanding the situation. I'm just assuming he did the same thing.

I did understand why i was being criticized. Im simply young, its not possible for me to think logically. :ml:

I am a follower of Christ.
  • Not of the church
  • not of the current doctrine of appeasement
  • I love my brothers and sisters, whayever their inclination, but may not always agree with them.
  • my job is not to change anyone but myself, and that even God does as He sees fit.
  • It is my job to love others as He does, with his power and not mine.
  • I forgive because I have been forgiven, and many times only because He says so.
  • His word is absolute truth, to me, but that is what He said in His word.
  • Being an INFJ allows a special part of God to be shown to the world, and as He may suffer from our/my sins, so do we.
  • I will die, I will see Him, and He will fill that hole called beloning, acceptance. Until then...

As you have defined it, then I would agree.

I was speaking of those in scripture that wanted to substitute their own wisdom for the gospel.

As you have defined it, then I would agree.

I was speaking of those in scripture that wanted to substitute their own wisdom for the gospel.

Yes, good and to learn to love and forgive is one fundamental message. Beyond that, we are nothing.

I am, and have been since i was like 10, an atheist, so count me out. Also, "extreme lover of Jesus" sounds really suspicious. It brings to my mind some of those really freaky cults.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong in Jesus. He is an interesting character with some good ideas (His father kinda creeps me out though).

But seriously, I don't have anythig against people's personal beliefs.

Last edited:
As I have perceived it, Jesus' teachings, scripture's teachings and the church's teachings do not jive. I cannot allow myself to ascribe to three contradictory sets of faith and morality. The Jefferson Bible, and the Gospel of Thomas put Jesus, his life and his teachings in a perspective that I can appreciate, and that appears cohesive and cogent to me. I am Deist; but Jesus is removed from that belief, and only divine to me in the way that the Buddha is divine to non-theistic Buddhists. He is, however, a pillar in my faith in God, and deeply influences my thinking.

If I were any more extreme than that, I would fear putting my intellectual integrity at risk. :m105:

If you love him so much why don't you marry him?

*sigh*

:meyes:

I think this thread has a problem, and I think that problem is it's unfortunate name.

Even as one with what I (and many others) would consider extreme emotions, and a lifelong tolerance of the beliefs of others (including religious beliefs) this thread title puts even me off (and always has).

I am starting to believe that those who wish to (and why shouldn't they??) discuss - especially peacefully, reflectively - their love of Jesus, they should consider starting a new thread, because those of us who are familiar with this existing thread (and much of the intolerant views stated in it) I feel are returning to it with a preconceived defiant or defensive or some other kind of negative attitude.

Religious extremism is frightening to a LOT of people. This thread's title implies religious extremism, at least to me.

Religious extremism is frightening to a LOT of people.

...for good reason, usually. And hopefully nobody is discriminatory against Christianity, as all religious extremism can be quite dangerous.

Right. I agree.

But somebody came into this thread hoping, I believe, to have a religious discussion or exchange, stated clearly they didn't want a debate, and many of the replies were - to my eye - combative.

Many of us have read this thread, and were upset by a lot of the things said in it.

I would just hate for a newcomer to think we're a religiously intolerant or anti-religious group. We've had so much growth on the forum, even in the short time I've been here. I just think we have room for everybody.

Hence my suggestion for starting a new thread rather than expanding on this one.

Some people's nature is combative. I like the idea/thought but I just see a new thread as ultimately ending up as a duplicate of this one and eventually being merged back here.

Dunno, I agree with your sentiments and that's how I felt about this thread originally as well, which is why I never posted here until just now.

A clean slate would be a good fix for a bit though, if nothing else.

Last edited:
...for good reason, usually. And hopefully nobody is discriminatory against Christianity, as all religious extremism can be quite dangerous.

To put it in a perspective, this is not really exclusively a propblem of religion. Extremism of any kind tends to be dangerous. Blind devotion to any ideology or set of beliefs tends to shut down the voice of reason and let the mind be controlled by other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.