All About Population Control | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

All About Population Control

I too believe that education is the cure for the world ailments.

However now we run into the problem of culture, tradition, and in a few cases religion clashing with education.

How are we Post-Industrial and Industrial nations to strike an individual balance in these very rigid lifestyles in order to educate the young generations, without attracting the ire and possibly violent repercussions of those in charge? People as a whole are VERY resistant to change. The education course, while IMO the one most certain to spark a long lasting more permanent change, is also a very long one in the execution.

After all, the illiteracy rate in the US in 1952 was still like 2.5%. But just because someone can read, doesn't make them educated. 'Education' is something much more elaborate. It's the ability to compile, correlate, and interpret data. It's the ability to reach a conclusion on your own. It's a difficult thing to teach (and it seems that here in the US they've stopped trying to teach it all together).

So, while this is IMO the solution to the problem. The new problem arises in its execution. Maybe we could dedicate Antarctica to the purpose, build a ginormous teaching facility whereby each country is required to send a percentage of their children there to be educated? Fostering not only an understanding of the various cultures in the world but also establishing a basic and common foundation of education?

IDK, just throwing out random ideas to build on yours....

Yes. Achieving and implementing the improved global system of education will likely take some time to complete, but there is hope yet. If we are able to realize what qualifies as quality education, I would kind of deduct that we might have been exposed to it in that case. While it did take a long time for our religious and moral values to evolve to allow unhindered education (and it still is an ongoing process in all countries, in my honest opinion) we might be able to study what factors, other than time, influenced the rapid acceptance of high quality education within our own cultural limitations.

Thanks for the brainstorming! I will be the first to admit that I can, at times, be somewhat lax in my ability to know the process as much as the proper goal, but talking about things in open formats with creative, supportive minds can wriggle even bigger, better ideas to be free.

Providing incentives to countries to comply and help indoctrinate the education to fit to the themes of the culture (without "molding" either one of them to fit) might be a good idea. Basic positive reinforcement

Ahhh, Foamy. He has an idea for us all...

Go green and REALLY save the planet. Especially from 1:26 on. .:m155:

[YOUTUBE]upgS56ORpZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: alcyone
don't condoms have to be in fairly specific conditions to work well?

i.e. a person's wallet or pocket is probably hotter than the temp it should be at?

Population control is already way under way, just you wait

I suspect the swine flu is one method of population control....

Also AIDS, which rumor has it, was originally contracted in Africa by a bunch of male scientists....

-Using the media to persuade people that reperduction is moraly wrong because there are enough people in the world already.
-free vasectomys for all with a $ paid extra to the people having it done
-get rid of the religions that encourage reperduction
-encourage the use of genetics for having only males in china and other aisian cultures

There is one simple solution that will not only bring the population to a tolerable level but maintain it at that level too...

Golden Rule: Abolish everything medical

Africa has a HUGELY high birth rate... but take into account its child survival rate. So if we got rid of our health services we could f**k all day and all night (because let's be honest.... it's really good), and we may give birth to loads and loads of kids, but the likelyhood of those kids surviving will be slim because if there are too many people there will not be enough food. It will also make the human race start evolving again.

Since the developement of modern medicine the human race has started to devolve. Especially when you consider we have made it "wrong" to be biased about what type of person is biologically better than others. Without a medical system it would mean only the strong survive.

It would also mean that the population would stabalise at a level that is sustainable. If there was not enough food... people would die. If there was too much, child survival rates would go up. If there was just the right amount, we would level out.

When you think about it, medical advancement really f**ked us up the jacksie in terms of human sustainability.

Condoms aren't 100% guarenteed that you won't get pregnant, I'm pretty sure they are either 80 or 90 percent guarenteed.

As many country's religiosity has gone down, so has their birth rates. I think the natural reproductive rates of people are actually significantly lower than the artificially elevated rates that have resulted from religious influence. Probably to the point that eliminating such religions would probably reduce bring population growth completely under control.

You're right certain countries have seen a decline in reproduction rates however the overall population continues to increase.

Fact of the matter is people reproduce as part of a survival instinct. With more and more people living longer lives everyday due to better quality of living and advances in medicine. The rate at which humans reproduce will multiply regardless; the average couple having 2 offspring is all it takes.

Population control will be bigger issue in the future, it already is for China.

Last edited: