Ages? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ages?

The older you get, the less important it becomes. I'm not adverse to dating a 27-year-old as long as he's mature enough and mentally quick enough. The only problem I'd foresee is if you're both too far apart in age, you lose a generation of knowledge. You won't have similar references, and that can make conversation difficult.

FWIW: I'm 40.:hippie:

If age didn't merit any further inspection for maturity beyond the number then I'd be in pretty big trouble. Who knows, maybe I am. Either way I'm 26 but I doubt I'm as mature as most 26 year olds, which means younger girls wouldn't want to date me assuming I was too old, and girls my age or older would eventually figure out I'm too immature.

Age is a superficial thing IMO. There are so many other factors that should matter more when connecting with someone.

I was against the idea of dating someone younger than me until I met my husband. I am a year and two months older than him, so I will be 23 and he will remain 21 for a few months after that. *shrug* At first I was hesitant about how long our relationship would last...well, you see how that turned out. :p

Age is a superficial thing IMO. There are so many other factors that should matter more when connecting with someone.

Well, I don't know about this. I immediately feel icky when a man much older than me comes on to me. I have a father. The whole thing feels too incestuous.

There's a gentleman who has been after me for some time now. I haven't asked him his age or anything but he's probably around 55-60. To his credit, he's youthful and timeless. We have no problem relating to one another, I just can't get over the fact he's soooo much older than me. I can't overcome it. So it may seem superficial, but I want what I want.

I absolutely will not date anyone whose age is an odd number and is older than me in multiples of three. And I won't stand for my swains younger than me to be aged just so that they are not divisible to any age I be at the time.

Reactions: bamf
I absolutely will not date anyone whose age is an odd number and is older than me in multiples of three. And I won't stand for my swains younger than me to be aged just so that they are not divisible to any age I be at the time.

Word.

A friend of mine who's 20 has been with a 31yo guy for a year and a half now. As long as they are adults I don't see the problem.

If I found someone I really connected with, and they happened to be younger, I would be slightly hesitant, but I would go for it, as long as they were on the same page as me. But, I'm getting older, and I'm in a different life stage than most men who are 2 to 3 years younger than me. So, I'd be worried that they would want different things from a relationship as I would. But, I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong.

My mom's ten years older than my dad. They had my sister and I when he was 27, met a few years earlier. It all depends on the maturity of the people involve -- not so much the age

I will comment that I think 15 and 23 is a rather sick combination.

But I guess if the two parties with a three year age difference sat down and had a conversation and realized that they were both on the same wavelength mentally etc. etc.. well then that'd be dreamy.
Exactly. Same wavelength.

The generation thing is key too, I am one generation who remembers certain cartoons on tv and such from the 90's, the girl I like is an 80's child and her new husband grew up in the late 60's-70's and have little in common memory-wise so conversations tend to be a bit limited I would guess. But we talked about 80's and 90's cartoons and instead of "oh i dont know that one do you remember the theme tune to this one" it was more like mutual interest each each others cartoon memories and I became more of an 80's child and her a 90's!

Last edited: