Adult women cry 2 hours, 14 minutes a week | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Adult women cry 2 hours, 14 minutes a week

sure you do. you're on your rags.
Actually I'm not, though if I was I'd sure tell you all about it: color, scent, consistency and etc.

It's irritating when people equate emotional women with being on the rag. It's ignorant.

I never said they were synanamous

but I often find myself crying for retarted reasons in that instance. I get frustrated with myself, and then I remember. Oh. The painters are visiting.

Oh! I like that euphemism.
True that hormones do have an effect on women's emotions, I won't deny that. Though I think that it's easy to dismiss someone's pain when you brush it off as just being "hormonal".

There's plenty of incidences where it's not, of that, I'm sure.
It's a touchy subject for me. The invalidation of emotions..

Last edited:
I agree. I think emotions are very true and raw things that we possess.
I won't dismiss my emotions, but I will admit that there are variables to their intensity and frequency.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I'm lucky if I cry once a year and if I do cry, it'd be rare if anyone actually witnesses it. I'm more a person who cries as a last resort. I did cry though when I spilt an entire kettle of boiling water down my legs, but that's seriously how painful something has to be for me to warrant crying. I don't cry due to shock and rarely cry because of my own emotional pain. I do find myself crying when others are crying over their own emotional pain though but even then the person has to be extremely upset.

We need to harness this energy somehow.

It's a touchy subject for me. The invalidation of emotions..
It's Shai. When you start taking him seriously, that's when you're in trouble.

Never, ever, ever take what he says at face value, unless it's a a 3 page essay of a post. You should know this by now. *laughs*

It's Shai. When you start taking him seriously, that's when you're in trouble.

Never, ever, ever take what he says at face value, unless it's a a 3 page essay of a post. You should know this by now. *laughs*

I take what is important to me seriously. When I say touchy subject, I don't mean that my knickers are all in a bunch. I mean that it is important to me. I have impassioned yet detached enough feelings towards the subject. (If you can understand that. It's hard to explain..)

I don't think he's inherently a bully, (and it'd take a hell of a lot more to personally offend me. To be frank, I don't think he's capable of it) but I don't keep my mouth shut just because someone shoots their mouth off and isn't "serious" about their words.

Last edited:
Actually I'm not, though if I was I'd sure tell you all about it: color, scent, consistency and etc.

It's irritating when people equate emotional women with being on the rag. It's ignorant.

i was being facetious.

o-O

That's so stupid it made me cry :(

So not true! Maybe 10 minutes every 2 months? And I am the cry baby of the family!

Oh, good Lord! If I cried that often, I'd probably go on meds! Crying is a necessary emotional release, but I can't stand it when, because of hormones or whatever, I'm tearing up and or crying over every damn thing. I have to be either really tired, overwhelmed by stress, or really upset over something someone said or did. If iI have my way, I'll only really have a major crying spell once or twice a year. I just can't stand for my emotions to get that out of control! I also tend to have somewhat limited patience with people, usually girls, who cry over every little thing, especially when it's about the same chronic set of problems.

Same here Chenoa.

Crying is draining. I'm not sure if I feel better or worse afterwards, so I usually avoid it unless it bubbles up before I have the chance to repress it. Which in turn makes me more upset. Boooooooooooo

That seems odd? More than 2 hours?

Must have been the kind of women that "fall" down the stairs every time their spouse has had a few beers...

Reactions: slant
Something tells me the people noted in this article were part of a grief support group.