8.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan..Tsunami warnings.. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

8.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan..Tsunami warnings..

I think the earthquake was an 8.9. Either way, the strength is really shocking me.

Just putting this here for anyone who needs it

http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/?lang=en

Google has set up a person finder, with user generated data, so that anyone with information can provide it and anyone who needs that information can find it. Currently they have records on 17300 people.

I just got home after being in a car for 5 hours.
My father left for japan because they found my grandma walkig for 3 hours looking for my grandfather. We still don't know where he is. I have friends there too.
I want to cry.

I just got home after being in a car for 5 hours.
My father left for japan because they found my grandma walkig for 3 hours looking for my grandfather. We still don't know where he is. I have friends there too.
I want to cry.
oh God. *hugs*

I hope your grandparents are alright. I'm so sorry. D:
Do you hear from your friends there?

===

OH GOD. OH..
....god. Someone here speaks nuclear physics?
2310More from the Tokyo Electric Power Company: It says the ability to control pressure in some of the reactors at Fukushima-Daini has been lost. Pressure is stable inside the reactors, but rising in the containment vessels, a company spokesman says.

Japan declares a state of emergency at the Fukushima-Daini power plant, where three of its reactors failed, the Associated Press reports. It says a state of emergency is already in place at the nearby Fukushima-Daiichi plant, where two reactors failed. People living within a 3km (two-mile) radius of the Fukushima-Daini nuclear plant are told to evacuate, the AFP news agency reports.

Reaction to events at two nuclear power plants 250km (160 miles) north east of Tokyo, where states of emergencies have been declared. Environmental group Greenpeace tells the AFP news agency "Japan is in the middle of a nuclear crisis with potentially devastating consequences". Campaigner Jan Beranek adds: "While the immediate focus is on minimising radiation release and keeping local people safe, this is yet another reminder of the inherent risks of nuclear power."

Tokyo Electric Power, which runs the two stricken nuclear power plants, confirms it has released a small amount of vapour into the atmosphere to reduce pressure on one of its reactors. It tells AFP there are no health risks.

Tokyo Electric Power releases more radioactive vapour from a second sticken reactor, AFP reports.

Is somebody from our forums in Japan, I know for several people from Asia?
That eartquakes really looks awful, natural horror.

I think Neuropedia may be, not sure. He's ok, was online earlier.

No that's wrong [MENTION=3323]Oranguh[/MENTION] not Neuropedia

Reactions: Neuropedia
Oranguh was online today, that's good.

oranguh is half japanese but he lives in like... the netherlands?
so dont worry lol

Guys, I answer for a company called Blue Star Jets http://www.bluestarjets.com/ , I got a caller today calling from I think he said Henaiden? He said it was the nearest airport to Tokyo, and he was like screaming for someone to come and fly him to "hong kong, seoul hawaii i dont care! please!" Not a scream like "o sht the wave is like right der *points to wave* but he sounded really scared. I transferred him but felt kinda weird for a bit. That was at like 6pm est, I wonder what happened to him.

Hey.
If anyone wants to show and feel some compassion for the people in Japan that coincides with other - this site allows anyone to light a candle for free.

I know this may sound silly - but your intention of peace and hope for the recovery of the people there going through this disaster multiplies with all of the other people around the world wishing the same thing. The concentrated intention radiates outward through the energy of all and can make itself felt by Japan.

The lighting of a candle is a physical act that allows one to focus their intention.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng&gi=Japan&p=Our%20hearts%20go%20out%20to%20the%20people%20of%20northeast%20Japan,%20following%20a%20devastating%20tsunami%20and%20an%208.9%20magnitude%20earthquake.%20%20Send%20the%20light%20of%20sympathy%20and%20hope%20by%20lighting%20a%20candle%20here.

Namaste

EDIT: Reading what other people wrote on their candles is inspiring and made me smile with gratitude for all those compassionate hearts out there around the world.

Last edited:
I've been hearing about Japan's nuclear reactors are in a current "meltdown". Now I am not very knowledgeable in this area, but if this is happening, I'm a bit terrified as to what effects this could have.

I've been hearing about Japan's nuclear reactors are in a current "meltdown". Now I am not very knowledgeable in this area, but if this is happening, I'm a bit terrified as to what effects this could have.

They've been sensationalizing it all day on CNN. Hours upon hours or re-stating and re-phrasing that there might be a possibility of it. I haven't seen any concrete details yet, but the important thing is that the government is attending to the damaged reactors.