8.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan..Tsunami warnings.. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

8.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan..Tsunami warnings..

At the end of it - the Prime Minister of Japan said:
Kan expressed optimism that the quake would create economic demand that would offset some of the cost of the disaster.

Will someone please explain to me what the hell he's talking about? Who is going to pay for all of the devastation? How is that going to create economic demand to offset the costs?

Well... It's very simple actually :p

Japan isn't a 3rd world country that's dependant.... Sure, the disaster costs "money" but this disaster also creates jobs and opportunity for future growth.

You NEED to fix this mess, you NEED to rebuild. That means more jobs and better infrastructure. On top of that people will be more inclined to invest into national plans that further increase disaster safety. That's another sector that needs investment. That's how society and economy works. Needs are filled, demands are met. One of the problems many countries are seeing is a lack in demand, in opportunities for growth.

You can see it as a partial "new slate" where you can build from scratch and learn from the mistakes you made previously.

Anyways, the prime minister is being positive here, you can't succumb to disaster, you have to think about the bright realistic future.

:m183:

edit: (You have to also know that the job market in Japan has been deteriorating due to the crisis. This will make unemployment go down)

Will someone please explain to me what the hell he's talking about? Who is going to pay for all of the devastation? How is that going to create economic demand to offset the costs?

Well once aspect of the economic troubles of the past years is that fear has driven money underground. People spend less and save more because they don't want to be caught unprepared for an emergency. That money is taken out of circulation and eventually causes the economy to shrink. Japan has had a stagnant economy for a decade or so. Well, here is an emergency that will force that money back into the economy. Will it be enough? Who knows. It's a rather cold statement to make but I suspect he intended it to give hope.

[URL="http://forums.infjs.com/[MENTION=3323 said:
Oranguh[/MENTION]"][MENTION=3323]Oranguh[/MENTION][/URL];436033]Well... It's very simple actually :p

Japan isn't a 3rd world country that's dependant.... Sure, the disaster costs "money" but this disaster also creates jobs and opportunity for future growth.

You NEED to fix this mess, you NEED to rebuild. That means more jobs and better infrastructure. On top of that people will be more inclined to invest into national plans that further increase disaster safety. That's another sector that needs investment. That's how society and economy works. Needs are filled, demands are met. One of the problems many countries are seeing is a lack in demand, in opportunities for growth.

You can see it as a partial "new slate" where you can build from scratch and learn from the mistakes you made previously.

Anyways, the prime minister is being positive here, you can't succumb to disaster, you have to think about the bright realistic future.

:m183:

edit: (You have to also know that the job market in Japan has been deteriorating due to the crisis. This will make unemployment go down)

Thank you Oranguh for responding!

Are you saying that Investors from other countries will see this as an economic opportunity to build in Japan? In other words money from outside of Japan will flow into Japan? Because otherwise I see the people's tax monies being used to get themselves out of this mess. Sort of a "pick yourself up by your boot straps" idea.

Of course if Japan has a country surplus of money - maybe that won't be an issue here. I don't know.

Well one aspect of the economic troubles of the past years is that fear has driven money underground. People spend less and save more because they don't want to be caught unprepared for an emergency. That money is taken out of circulation and eventually causes the economy to shrink. Japan has had a stagnant economy for a decade or so. Well, here is an emergency that will force that money back into the economy. Will it be enough? Who knows. It's a rather cold statement to make but I suspect he intended it to give hope.

Ah. You see it the way I do. The people themselves will spend their own money to rebuild. As we saw it here after our disasters (2 hurricanes within 3 yrs) - people's savings were depleted to rebuild their homes.
Thanks for the feedback AlienSpectator.

Thank you Oranguh for responding!

Are you saying that Investors from other countries will see this as an economic opportunity to build in Japan? In other words money from outside of Japan will flow into Japan? Because otherwise I see the people's tax monies being used to get themselves out of this mess. Sort of a "pick yourself up by your boot straps" idea.

Of course if Japan has a country surplus of money - maybe that won't be an issue here. I don't know.

Own people's money. But Alienspectator got that :p

And I've noticed that people here on the internet are very very... quick to use the words "Tax payer money"

Right....

Anyways, I feel that the circulation of jobs and money is very important to any country. This disaster will play some kind of an outlet for that. For example: You can imagine that the construction, agricultural, infrastructure, etc. sectors will all need capita and people. Most of these sectors are privatized and this will lead to growth of companies. The economy fuels itself in a sense, but it does need somewhere to begin.

I agree with you RL... Some people's ignorance never ceases to amaze.

Hitler is a human who killed a lot of people unfairly.
Does this means all humans deserve to be tortured?

I mean.

They're retards. I for one, am not offended at all by Pearl Harbor. It was a war...

That being said, I feel really bad for Japan atm.

Reactions: Sithious
Ah. You see it the way I do. The people themselves will spend their own money to rebuild. As we saw it here after our disasters (2 hurricanes within 3 yrs) - people's savings were depleted to rebuild their homes.
Thanks for the feedback AlienSpectator.

I don't quite see it that way. When I say the financial crisis drove money underground, I wasn't specifically referring to ordinary people but money in general. A lot of the price fluctuations we've seen in oil, food, metals and so on is the flight of money away from risk. As [MENTION=3323]Oranguh[/MENTION] said the emergency creates real demand and both ordinary people, organizations and corporations will have to put money in to recover. It's an opportunity born from disaster. It also may generate increased money supply in another way through the seeking of credit to rebuild. The doubt regarding whether or not the economy can really be jump-started has to do with the enormous debt all ready in the world. Is this disaster enough to overcome the current fear of debt levels? Is it mathematically possible? I don't know. I'll watch and see.

More info regarding current events. I think it's quite important.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7-z_zhjKA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]YouTube - JET STREAM and RADIATION forecast - March 13, 2011[/ame]

Have you guys seen this? Those of you living on the west coast, please take care!

wcdbon.jpg

Yeah. ^ That is what my videos have been explaining.

That map is only if things were to completely blow up. 700 is cosidered potentially deadly... so if things do go boom I am driving East immediately.

My thoughts are with the people of Japan at this time. It's absolutely terrifying and awful what's happening over there right now, and they need all the support they can. It makes me realise how lucky I am...

I hope for everyones safety and well being over in Japan. <3

Things shouldn't go boom, the danger with nuclear reactors these days in larger failures is water table poisoning. Chernobyl exploded because it melted through the chamber floor into the water tank which of course created steam and released it's pressure violently and sent all the radioactive particles into the air. Thankfully they don't house the tank under the core chamber anymore, because of that incident. The Uranium also isn't the right type for explosives, so that's not a threat either.

Now if there's a meltdown where it manages to get all the way through the flooring, it'll seep into the ground, which is also quite bad as the contamination can be quite hard to remove at that point.(Especially if it makes it to the water table) I'm not sure how they've got the plants setup, but if they've had meltdowns in one, it'll likely be scrapped.(It'll seep into other materials too, like concrete)

I have been deliberately limiting my exposure to the earthquake/tsunami coverage from Japan because it's difficult to watch. However, I must say how impressed I am by the orderliness of the Japanese. I know if this had happened in my own country the behaviour would have been much different. Big up, Japan.

This just in, various new sources have confirmed a 4TH EXPLOSION, and now this one does really posses gender to human health. Apparently it had x4 the allowed amount.

People are now being to take precautions.