8.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan..Tsunami warnings.. | INFJ Forum

8.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan..Tsunami warnings..

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1

Tokyo (CNN) -- An 8.8-magnitude earthquake hit Japan early Friday, triggering tsunami warnings and sending people fleeing out of buildings in the capital.
The quake rattled buildings and toppled cars off bridges and into waters underneath. In Tokyo, crowds huddled together and tried to reach relatives via cell phone.
Its epicenter was 373 kilometers (231 miles) from Tokyo, the United States Geological Survey said.
It triggered a tsunami warning for various countries, including Japan and Russia, the National Weather Service said.
"Earthquakes of this size are known to generate tsunamis potentially dangerous to coasts outside the source region," it said.

All..I can say is I give Japan my prayers..this EQ is huge..reports have yet to come..

Reactions: Gaze and Soulful
I feel for them. :(

Sigh...

I think we need to dedicate just one day out of the year where nothing goes wrong and everyone just relaxes for 24 hours. It would relieve so much stress.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
This news gives me mixed feelings. I am relieved that something so devastating didn't hit Tokyo directly (though from the comments in the article you posted things are still a mess there), but the possible tsunami and the destruction it could bring make me anxious.

Sigh...

I think we need to dedicate just one day out of the year where nothing goes wrong and everyone just relaxes for 24 hours. It would relieve so much stress.

I don't think we can control mother nature like that, despite how much we would like to :p

I don't think we can control mother nature like that, despite how much we would like to :p

Yeah, I know. I meant other than mother nature though as well. Like no war, fighting, political messes, cheating on partners, high school drama or Charlie Sheen rants.

WHEREZ YOUR GODZILLA NOW MOTHERFUCKERS? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

serious post:

Damn, thats awful. I always wondered what it would be like to fall into an earthquake crack. Its just... damn. I honestly do feel so bad for those people :(

Reactions: Questingpoet
Yeah, I know. I meant other than mother nature though as well. Like no war, fighting, political messes, cheating on partners, high school drama or Charlie Sheen rants.

Off topic:

I believe war is part of the human condition.
And we can't control other people as much as we'd like to. All we can do is try to better ourselves.

Poor people of Japan. :( I hope things get better and not worse.

Last edited:
Its destroyed..tsunami warnings everywhere..from Japan itself, to russia..to the philipines to hawaii..

What a god damn shitty thing =/

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/tsunami.warning/index.html

The National Weather Service list includes Japan, Russia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Australia, Fiji, Mexico, New Zealand, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Honduras, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru and the United States.
Numerous Pacific islands, including some U.S. territories, are also on the list.

Everyone should take appropriate precautions :( I'm watching live coverage..and the pictures look saddening :( its mostly northern Tokyo..flooded, buildings collapsed..fires..

Hoping the waves start to die off.

I saw some pictures just a few minutes ago (but we don't get live coverage here) :( It's terrible. I hope, at least, other countries can get aid there quickly.

:(

What is with all the earthquakes lately???

When one happens, it tends to set off a chain reaction. The earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, New Zealand, and Japan are all linked. It would seem the massive pacific plate is moving and stressing the other plates next to it.

*sigh*

It's...devastating.
May the people of Japan can evacuate safely. It seems to be really packed, what with the Shinkansen stopping and all....

hm. Japan will survive~ I don't think it's a country known for succumbing to disasters. On the contrary, it seems to thrive from them.

Isn't that odd? Maybe it's a phenomenon worth pouring some thought into.

hm. Japan will survive~ I don't think it's a country known for succumbing to disasters. On the contrary, it seems to thrive from them.

Well it's certainly not the only earthquake that's hit Japan. In fact Japanese buildings are the most disasterproof in the world.

Considering whats being going on here at home, my sympathies go out towards those that are suffering from the results of the recent earthquakes.
Its been one hell of a beginning for 2011.

For those that are interested; This is the ring of fire, as you can see its all interlinked. So as 88chaz88 said, a chain reaction. I'm not surprised at all by the recent earthquakes happening in this region, being the pacific.

Fig22.gif

Reactions: Gaze

Well it's certainly not the only earthquake that's hit Japan. In fact Japanese buildings are the most disasterproof in the world.

Indeed. It's just the level of the earthquake and the resulting tsunami is one of the biggest.
I think Japan will survive too. Bounce back, even. Hopefully this will change people's lives for the better. As per the reason.....nationalistic ethnocentric Zen? (or passive-aggressiveness nihilistic victim mentality, depending on where you're looking at)

btw, the true level has just showed itself. :| 200-300 bodies had been discovered in the coast of Sendai, Hawaii just got hit by tsunami (estimated height; 2 m?), and Indonesia and Philippines too (albeit both hasn't really been substantial)
see the live tweets here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Man, I feel for Japan. This was literally the first thing I heard this morning. It's just horrifying. My cuz used to live in one of the affected cities and I'm so so glad he isn't there now. I absolutely hate earthquakes and live in fear of a massive one here. I live in a d*mn liquefaction zone. Anyway, I really wish that what happened to Japan, NZ, Haiti, Chili could be undone.

Damn, thats awful. I always wondered what it would be like to fall into an earthquake crack. Its just... damn. I honestly do feel so bad for those people :(

When you cross to the other side, you can ask this guy.
http://hubpages.com/hub/The-True-Story-of-Louis-Galdy