[INFJ] - Youtubers??? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Youtubers???

But that's just by his logic. on the surface, they may appear to be something, but there are several variations of each type, and he's not really addressing that here
And he claims knowledge about the enneagram

Reactions: Icedream
later on in the video?
I can't finish it now, because I'm leaving, so I'll have to take your word for it

Reactions: Ginny
What do you think?

I would have largely agreed with him and to his credit he does pinpoint the infjs that are most like himself which is very much in line with a prototypical infj, but he misses one key factor about everything which is that cognitive functions are on a scale, and so there can actually be quite a bit of variance in the outer appearance of any particular type. And not only that but circumstance can influence behavior drastically. Typing people, truly in a meaningful way, is quite an in depth process.

If you want to go by generally accepted stereotypes, then he nailed it pretty well. My gut feeling is that he himself is probably infj as a lot of his characteristics really resonate with myself, and the people he calls into question are definitely worth questioning, but I don't think it's fair to claim those people as non-infj outright. Especially given the fact that infjs are known chameleons. We can adopt whatever mask suits a particular endeavor. Maybe he just isn't particularly good at doing this, and so is seeking those infjs who fit the model infj. Some infjs try to fit the model infj mould, some try to put on a show. It's difficult to gauge how much of a show any particular person is putting on for the camera.

I have been watching a few top Youtubers a lot lately. I find it is easier to connect and watch people this way because right now I just do not have the confidence or energy to connect in person. I find YT'ers have a strong ability to connect and give meaning to other people's lives without even meeting or conversing with them.

I love Pewdiepie for his sense of humor (sometimes it is dark, but so is everything these days) but contrary to what some may think he has a persona for Pewdiepie. His true self is much different than his persona and it is quite evident if you just watch enough of the videos where he is just being himself. He is definitely an introvert when he is himself. Possibly an extrovert in his persona but you can just see how when dealing with other people and reacting to them that he is completely introverted. I can relate to that "stare" he does when someone has said something he does not know how to react to. It's like he is thinking, "WTF do I say???". I love him for that. And for many other reasons! Although now everyone thinks he is a Nazi. But people are dumb sometimes. And the media, wow the media really is awful with how they twisted everything... anyway....he has been typed as INFJ - which I could see from the videos where he is not in his persona for Pewdiepie - and ISTP. He took a test and got ISTJ but the test he took was not a good test and he answered neutral on so many things when he did not understand the question rather than just researching it. So who knows but I love him.

I love Markiplier (and his team) for his goofy, emotional, selfless and humble but still humorously egotistical self. LOL if you watch him you know what I mean. I think he is my all time favorite. He stands for everything I believe in. The golden rule... and respect... and kindness... and all things like that. Mark is an ENFP OR INFP to me and he took the test (he got ENTP) but he didn't answer some of the questions right bc he wasnt focused and clicked the wrong buttons lol.

I know that JackSepticEye has taken it a few times and twice got ENFP and once got ENTP... I agree that he is ENFP lol. I honestly used to be annoyed by him (because of all the yelling he does and my bf would play him really loud and I would flinch every time), but I have "gotten to know him" better through Pewdiepie's and Markiplier's videos, so now all the high energy and constant yelling makes sense and its actually endearing now LOL.

I love Ethan and Hila of H3H3 Productions, I love IDubbbz (INTP I heard), Vsauce, the GoodMythicalMorning guys (Cannot remember their names for the life of me!), and many more. Let me know what you guys think! I could discuss my favorite Youtubers all day lol...

Reactions: Wyote
GoodMythicalMorning guys

Rhett and Link

tumblr_mw8en3OIml1sj5p8wo1_400.gif

Reactions: April
I just found this. What do you think?

Watched halfway into it where he was giving the "pop quiz" showing the different video clips and asking to spot the True INFJ. I was certain I wouldn't be able to tell, but then for whatever it was worth, I guessed the correct one (or at least as correct as he saw it). I forgot her name, but what stood out to me was her obvious nervousness but excitement in the clip. You're nervous and excited, but don't know where to begin. It was like how I've been when I attempt to record myself talking. Or when I am trying to express my whole story world to anyone curious to know what I am writing. It's a very awkward feeling. You want to say the ideas in your head, but when expressing them, it starts off as "...uh...I...uh, I want to talk about...uh...." And then kind of veer off into different aspects of the idea, not really following chronological order, but still trying to grasp it in a tangible way. I mean it is clear internally, but externally, something gets lost in translation. Anyways that was my take on the video.

Watched it further:
I was a bit unsure about the ENFP's (perhaps because I haven't actually known any for sure typed ones who've told me, besides one person.) but the ones making eye contact with the camera struck me as extraverted. The last one reminds me of a person I know in real life who told me she knows she is an ENFP, but mentioned needing the alone time like an introvert. That said she also wasn't making direct eye contact with the camera and seemed overall less bubbly as the others, less sure of herself. (the person I know is a bit more energetic, appears more bubbly, less anxious.)

Now that I got to the INFP part of the video, I found another reason to rule myself out as being one. (I've seen videos of myself and I don't have such control over my facial expressions. I have to practice them and even then I don't know how they look.) The "incorrect" INFP one struck me as more extroverted, or she's had time to practice and rehearse her lines. Thus more bubbly and more like the ENFP examples.
------
Anyways that said: Further reflection and reading the comment section: I can see where people having issues are coming from, because honestly each video is just one person's perspective and everyone is different. Calling someone out as "phony" is a rather mean way to express it and I can see it being upsetting to those who made the videos and had them played as examples. Whether they are true to type or not, it is hard to judge them as being phony. It implies intentional misdirection when it may not be intended.

Last edited:
I have been watching a few top Youtubers a lot lately. I find it is easier to connect and watch people this way because right now I just do not have the confidence or energy to connect in person. I find YT'ers have a strong ability to connect and give meaning to other people's lives without even meeting or conversing with them.

I love Pewdiepie for his sense of humor (sometimes it is dark, but so is everything these days) but contrary to what some may think he has a persona for Pewdiepie. His true self is much different than his persona and it is quite evident if you just watch enough of the videos where he is just being himself. He is definitely an introvert when he is himself. Possibly an extrovert in his persona but you can just see how when dealing with other people and reacting to them that he is completely introverted. I can relate to that "stare" he does when someone has said something he does not know how to react to. It's like he is thinking, "WTF do I say???". I love him for that. And for many other reasons! Although now everyone thinks he is a Nazi. But people are dumb sometimes. And the media, wow the media really is awful with how they twisted everything... anyway....he has been typed as INFJ - which I could see from the videos where he is not in his persona for Pewdiepie - and ISTP. He took a test and got ISTJ but the test he took was not a good test and he answered neutral on so many things when he did not understand the question rather than just researching it. So who knows but I love him.

I love Markiplier (and his team) for his goofy, emotional, selfless and humble but still humorously egotistical self. LOL if you watch him you know what I mean. I think he is my all time favorite. He stands for everything I believe in. The golden rule... and respect... and kindness... and all things like that. Mark is an ENFP OR INFP to me and he took the test (he got ENTP) but he didn't answer some of the questions right bc he wasnt focused and clicked the wrong buttons lol.

I know that JackSepticEye has taken it a few times and twice got ENFP and once got ENTP... I agree that he is ENFP lol. I honestly used to be annoyed by him (because of all the yelling he does and my bf would play him really loud and I would flinch every time), but I have "gotten to know him" better through Pewdiepie's and Markiplier's videos, so now all the high energy and constant yelling makes sense and its actually endearing now LOL.

I love Ethan and Hila of H3H3 Productions, I love IDubbbz (INTP I heard), Vsauce, the GoodMythicalMorning guys (Cannot remember their names for the life of me!), and many more. Let me know what you guys think! I could discuss my favorite Youtubers all day lol...
Markiplier is 100% ENFP.

ugh rhett and link are so dumb. I'm sorry, but an INTELLECTUAL such as myself cannot be bothered to tolerate such a lowbrow duo.
Do you think Ethan could be ESFP?

Reactions: April and Wyote
After various videos and correspondences, I can safely say that Tomorrow is Yesterday is definitely NOT an INFJ. If you see more of his videos, a very distinctive pattern emerges, where he uses Te to "defend" himself, and not in a healthy way. There was a response video to the first which declares him INTJ, and I am inclined to agree, even if he cannot see it himself. He actually made a video (due to comments he got) on the "reasons" he is not INTJ, see below. The comment section is marginally less annoying than the video itself. Also, there is a video of him commenting on comments, which I was unable to watch for more than a minute, so I am not posting it. This one is more than enough.

Incidentally, the person has removed the response video, mostly because she is a pain in the butt for him, as they had multiple encounters beforehand. Here is the link to some of their correspondence. It's a fun read if you're uninvolved.

Ex-Cracked.com employees Michael Swaim and Soren Bowie. I have been suspecting for the duration of the Tales from the Pit series that Michael is an INTP, possibly ENTP post-brain trauma (I am pretty set on the first, though). I am not going to go through all the videos again (as they have a duration from 1 to 1.5 hrs), so I just intend to post one of them here, namely the one with guest and now writer for TV show American Dad, Soren Bowie, who I think may be an ISTP.

For the smaller amount of data, I will first say why I believe Soren is an ISTP. He is a very in-the-moment kind of guy, cheerful and active. He is insecure of showing his (real) emotions to strangers, and only lets out anger towards his family, which I wouldn't doubt is an indicator for Fi in 8th. (At this point I thought Michael might be ENTP, but you'll see why not later.) There was a very short moment, where I thought I might have noticed Ni. I don't remember when it was or what it was about, but it was some truth he had stated, small but profound, that I thought it couldn't have been anything else.
Having Ti as dominant function (and Fe inferior) is probably the best reason for them to get along so well. I couldn't say why Ti-dom, but the reason I think they are both Fe inferior is the way that they treated their relationships in high school. Having insight into the social system of relationships and feelings, but rejecting them regardless.
Now for Michael. His way with words - scattered and precise at the same time - is really fun to listen to. Hearing his stories from the past, I don't think that he gets entirely lost in it, as it would happen if he were in the grip of Si, but the way he tells his stories reminds me very much of an Ti-Si loop, but expressed via Ne (creatively) and Fe (emotionally), to soften the impact on the listener. But there is hell of an impact sometimes, which I would ascribe to Fe. He can be empathetic and dorkishly charming if he wants to be, but it is not his primary mode of operation.
Oh, yes, why I thought he might have been ENTP. He said at some point, that in his past relationship, he didn't even know what he was feeling, and merely operated on how he thought he should be feeling. I had thought it might indicate PoLR Fi, but the arguments from the cognitive stack are way too strong to support this. He is charming, but not charming enough to have tertiary Fe.

What are your thoughts, if you decide to listen to this (to you perhaps) awfully long podcast?

Alright, let me join in. Note that the Youtubers I look at are mostly xNTxs and some xNFxs, which should come to no surprise.

To start, my favorite logician, mathematician and stupidity debunker, Martymer81.

"You're confusing quantum mechanics with general relativity, which is the physics equivalent of confusing a floor with a urinal." :tearsofjoy:
Verdict: INTP as fuck.

joji is the best. RIP sweet prince. Pink Season was unironically better than all of your "real" music.

Next!
Looking for sarcastic, dark, thoughtful, relevant, borderline offensive, satire? Look no further than DarkMatter2525.

"Holy shit, even Mozes' tablets had better graphics than this."
Verdict: You guessed it. ENTP.

Markiplier is 100% ENFP.

ugh rhett and link are so dumb. I'm sorry, but an INTELLECTUAL such as myself cannot be bothered to tolerate such a lowbrow duo.
Do you think Ethan could be ESFP?

I can't fault you for having an opinion. :p But does it then apply that since you are of the the impression that an intellectual couldn't possibly like Rhett and Link, you think people who enjoy them are not really intellectuals? That's a bold statement based on pure opinion. So I don't really take offense because I don't agree. With respect of course.

Why put everyone in a box like that? There are several intellectuals who absolutely love those two goofballs. In fact, the person who showed new their channel is very intellectual. Just bc you don't find them funny or interesting doesn't mean other intellectuals wouldn't. Just food for thought. :)

I do however, agree that Markiplier is ENFP... even though he says he's an introvertvert. But ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts... Just like us INFJs are extroverted introverts. Maybe that's one of the reasons the types are attracted to each other. :)