Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mood Swings Galore

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Tower of strength

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Mentally ill

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Is it bad that after reading stuff here, I am happy that my mom is dead? Good grief, do all of you hate and dis your moms and dads? (My dad is dead too, and suddenly I think I am lucky)

Last edited:
My mother is a tower of power. She raised 7 kids on her own. I am the baby of the family. My mother is my best friend, and I think the only person who truly knows me inside and out and still loves me anyway. She's 80 yrs old now and fading. A huge piece of me will die when she passes away.

My mother is a tower of power. She raised 7 kids on her own. I am the baby of the family. My mother is my best friend, and I think the only person who truly knows me inside and out and still loves me anyway. She's 80 yrs old now and fading. A huge piece of me will die when she passes away.

Not really. When my parents died, they didn't leave me any moneys, but they gifted me strength and heart powers sublime. Their bodies died, but not their REAL gifts to me. :smile:

Is it bad that after reading stuff here, I am happy that my mom is dead? Good grief, do all of you hate and dis your moms and dads? (My dad is dead too, and suddenly I think I am lucky)

I probably should hate my parents, but I don't. I feel sorry for them mostly. Being that way can't be fun. And I even love them both in a general sort of way. They love me, but they're flawed. Love is never any better or worse than the person giving it, you know? Weak people love weakly, Honest people love faithfully, and all that rot. Their love hurt like a bitch, but I think they mostly meant well so I try not to hold it against them. And I really turned out fine (for the most part), so I don't hold a grudge. Nobody's perfect.

But I did wish I was an orphan as a kid and secretly thought I had been switched at birth.

I probably should hate my parents, but I don't. I feel sorry for them mostly. Being that way can't be fun. And I even love them both in a general sort of way. They love me, but they're flawed. Love is never any better or worse than the person giving it, you know? Weak people love weakly, Honest people love faithfully, and all that rot. Their love hurt like a bitch, but I think they mostly meant well so I try not to hold it against them. And I really turned out fine (for the most part), so I don't hold a grudge. Nobody's perfect.

But I did wish I was an orphan as a kid and secretly thought I had been switched at birth.

I can sort of ID with that last part. - I have siblings and I like them and all but their values are so different than mine. I don't care what my house is like or I really don't care about much of any physical stuff, and to care about any of that other than that it keeps me alive and healthy is meaningless to me. I feel my Spirit is meant to fly free and my mind is to take flight. I keep myself healthy for this, but the physical means only a means to that end to me.

Last edited:
Awww thanks for the well wishes PG! I was most oblivious to both of my parents so I turned out alright... I think. :). ::hugs:: Terrible about your dad, but you seem ok!

Whoa.. We have more in common than I realized then. My dad was cuckoo in the same way... sort of. He was trying to groom me to be like a shaman/ religious leader and some other crazy crap. Oh man That's a LOOONG story. And my mom is weirdly frenemy-like towards me. I just roll my eyes at her and stay the hell away from my dad. Damn that is a crazy ass coincidence... I found this board by typing INFJ and narcissism into google. I was wondering if growing up with NPD parents turned one into an infj at the time....

Oh well. I should blog about this stuff...I've been meaning too...

Seriously?! My dad was trying to groom me to be a "high priestess!"

Just Nickey...you're my new best friend on this board. We MUST chat! *deleted*

Yes, indeedy!

Last edited:
Hey did you have to name me? I don't want her to think I'm the kind of guy who goes around telling people about other peoples business.

I would've gotten over it, but thanks anyways?

. I found this board by typing INFJ and narcissism into google. I was wondering if growing up with NPD parents turned one into an infj at the time....

I almost feel ashamed to say that my mother and father are both probably INFJ and are the most serene and kind people I have ever met - after all that Nickey and TK have been through.

Ive posted tons about my mom...shes the martyr always.

She's been my rock growing up and is a great rode model of inner strength- INFx but I'm leaning towards INFP.

My mom...I guess you could say she's your typically Asian mom belittle the son and want's everything her own way, wonders why thing aren't her own and downgrades every thing that is up to her standards. Course I don't know if that was her way of looking after us.

Now she's kinda moody with all her job changes and what not, if anything I keep a lot of stuff about myself from parents because It think she has some ideal image of me and if I were tell her anything otherwise it would be like her world crumbling down, I will show her the real me though just not right now, when I'm good and ready.

My mother is passed away. She was nuts. Throughout her life she suffered from depression, OCD and anorexia. And, in the end she died quite horribly from Huntington's Disease.

The one good thing about my mother is that I didn't really know her. My parents split before I turned one, and for most of my life she lived on a different continent.

My Mom is an ENFJ I think. Hard to say, she has so much depression; you can read it in her eyes. She was an American, He was a Canadian, fell in love, married, now she's stuck in Canada far away from family. Family was huge to her, so she was lonely. Add to that the fact that they live in the middle of no-where's ville. The neighbours are pretty much all relatives (my Dad's side of the family). Sad to say, but to a large degree there's a weird mental illness that runs in his family, makes people suspicious, narrow-minded, panic attacks, unstable, co-dependent... And my Mom has almost no friends. Isolated in a foreign country, no external friends, surrounded by insane in-laws... My poor mom. I have a really strong feeling that she brought up my brother and I apologizing for how crappy things turned out. It's like she was always trying to make it up to us. It might be too late for Dad, but it's not too late for Mom. I want to help, but I'm powerless for now. :(

I respect my mom, love her, fear for her.

i believe my mother is an ISTJ and our relationship is quite practical and emotionally stagnant. we tend to avoid each other since otherwise it would be nearly impossible to hold a fulfilling conversation for either of use. she understands the expression of love as her 'duty' as a mother and rarely shows her emotional affection. since early childhood i somehow concluded that neither of us could relate to each other to build a fulfilling relationship with depth...instead i have since seemed to compensate for this lack by striving for external accomplishments as a way to express my gratitude toward her and she, by being a pillar of strength for me that was never to be consulted with but rather to be understood silently. perhaps, my relationship with her has much to do with the unease i feel in expressing emotions, yet indispensable ease in losing myself in their profoundness.

I have always been blessed with a loving Mother. I do not think I could imagine a better one.

My mom's the cats meow, I love her!

Sure she worries to much and has mood swings but who doesn't.

My daddy on the other hand.

:m192: